Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Legit question: why do some Survivors DC on 3rd hook?

I play both Killer and Survivors, but lately I've seen more and more Survivors DCing when dying on the final hook.

Why though? I understand they may be quitting just to pure frustration or anger, or either some of them don't want to give satisfaction to the Killer by "completely" sacrificing them, but isn't it bad for them to wait other 4 minutes before connecting to the next match?

Thanks in advance for your explanations.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

go.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Who knows, to spite themselves? Self-loathing? :) It only hurts the person doing it. The Killer got their hooks so now they are getting bonus Quitter points too.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Have you never been super frustrated before? People do stupid things that are against their own self interest when they're mad. In this case, you quit or turn off the game or accidentally shatter your console when you punt it like Victor :D

Most people realize after the fact that was dumb but when you're upset, you do dumb things.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Idk, I had one of those yesterday and I didn't tunnel him or anything, he wasn't even the first one dead. If it's meant to be a protest aimed at the killer or teammates it's not a very good one bc we're not the ones losing anything.

My game has genuinely crashed when I've been slung on death hook a couple of times for some reason? So maybe sometimes it's that but it's probably mostly just being a sore loser.

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

I'm pretty sure SWF do this to avoid a BBQ/pop from the hook action.

It's a very sweaty thing to do if so.