Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

killers

so when I look at the skill requirements an power of certain killers there's obviously clown at the low for example and spirit at the high for example. i hear a lot of people who have opinions that they want every killer to beat high tier swfs but then there's people that say that they want killer to be more like huntress with both sides having opportunities. in my opinion i feel like its okay to have bad killers and good killers. like wraith isn't that great but who cares. does he have to be like spirit or buffed in someway. anyway that's my take.

what's ur guys opinion on this, would like all killers to have spirit level powers or to be default like old billy etc or even a mix of both.

Comments

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Hahaha than you haven't been against a good wraith I think 😜

I still menage to win against 4 man swf, sometimes easier and sometimes I need to put my try hard pants on.

He is add on depanding but nowhere weak as many think.

Personally the one who need a good little buff would be trapper.

Going around the map to get your traps, than walk back to where traps are needed is a lot of time lost for nothing.

If they make it so he can get a certain amount of traps out of a locker that would benefit him and more balanced.

The survivors can sabotage/break his traps and he can only replace them by getting 1 from the locker

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Agree about Wraith but hard pass on buffing trapper. He’s just fine right where he is.

To OP - I love tier lists! I like reading peoples thoughts on the strength of each killer and we sometimes learn something from them. And even though the tiers go from S to D-tier, no killer is reasonably lower than a B in viability.

Fwiw, I’ve been playing red rank Clown with no gen regression perks and 4k’ing. The state of killer has been quite good since the map adjustments.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Finally another person who can play Clown without slowdown perks and agrees he isn't actually bad.

Out of curiosity what's your build with him?

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The only thing that really need to be changed is how there are killers who are add-on dependent. It puts to much chance into the capabilities of that killer if you don't have the right add-ons or if you do. Once they deal with that, if they even can, then killer will be fine. Obviously if you main a killer you'll learn the ins and outs of the killer, learn the strategies that work the best, and you'll be able to deal with just about everyone. Even if there's a little sweat involved.

• NoOneKnowsNova

On topic, I think every killer should go into the game with a chance of winning, however shouldn't go into a game with the ability to win the game with ease. For example, Huntress and Freddy. For Huntress? both sides have good ping it's an extremely balanced match up where both sides can come out on top and usually the better sides win. With Freddy, mindless tactics such as Snare spam aswell as the ability to have great gen protection and to hide his terror radius in a way makes him a bit too easy to come out on top with.

In conclusion, all killers should, in my opinion, should not be too easy to win with but not too hard to win with in which the better side will come out on top.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

BBQ, Brutal Strength, Save The Best For Last, Whispers.

I have found Whispers makes up for my gen regression perk because it gives me information to start chases back to back.

I saw some Clowns like all action speed. Bamboozle. Fired Up. I like my set up though.

• NoOneKnowsNova

Sounds like a good build, Whispers is a need for me on all killers, including Clown just because you don't have to spend as much time checking gens.

Personally I use Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, Monitor and Abuse and either Whispers or Lightborn depending if there are multiple flashlights in the lobby.

Often survivors won't cleanse Hex Totems when they don't see Ruin, which leads to me getting 3 stacks of Devour and ending chases extremely quick. Haunted works great Protecting it and occasionally being activated early game providing a lot of momentum. M&A means I get closer to survivors before they start running shortening chases even more.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

And bad survs need a chance against a 5.000 hours spirit too?

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2020

We're not talking about skill here, we're talking about killers being useless.

A good SWF or even a competent team of randons will destroy a wraith/clown or other low tier killer no matter what. Even if the killer is at the same level of skill and in some cases even if he's more skilled, that's nothing that he can do to stop the gens from popping due to the limitations of the character.

And this shouldn't be a thing. When you queue for a math, no matter what the killer you choose, you at least need a chance to win, no one plays to lose (except meme builds)