Have the devs made any acknowledgement or commitment to fixing console blight?

TheDarkWall
TheDarkWall Member Posts: 132
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

I'm just wondering if the devs have acknowledged how limited console blight is or if they've mentioned fixing the issue? Currently blight is incapable of a comparable turn rate to what is on pc. Essentially on PC you can turn instantly the full 90 degrees. On console you slowly turn to slightly shy of 90 degrees. This means that blight can take turns significantly sharper on pc and is a much stronger character for it. It not only impacts the shots he can even go for, but also makes him more resilient to being dodged.

Besides the frustrating reality that there is no good reason we can't just use mouse and keyboard on console, it also kinda makes me wonder why they didn't think of this shortcoming, since we had the same problem with oni. Which leads to the conclusion that they did think of this shortcoming and simply sold console players content that was substantially less functional. A good example of the gap is posted below. I challenge any console player to pull off this shot. Even if you don't replicate his pathing and you drag yourself along the side of the wall, you can only get sorta closeish.

So my question is, have the devs acknowledged that they even care about this? I'd like to have hope that this character will at one point be worth playing on console and resemble the playstyle of his pc counterpart, who looks like a cool and fun killer. With such a small change needed to fix him for console, it seems wrong that they haven't done it already.

Comments