Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Anyone else ever encountered such a greedy Entity?

So this just happened twice in a row :D

P3 level 50 bloodweb, trying to get all perks.

First, I went for "Dance with me" straight up and got it without issues. Entity immediately took "Lithe". Cool, it's fine. But then it got greedy.

I went for the green bulb (Entity got the brown offering under Lithe), then the yellow offering aand Entity takes the perk at the end.

Fine, I'm not happy but I still can get one more perk, right? NOPE. As soon as I pick the green add-on on the bottom, Entity picks off the last perk.

Entity 3:1 sleepy_knight :c :c

Seriously though, I thought at level 50 we should be able to take 2 perks out of four, was it changed recently? Since it happened twice in a row today, I don't think this is a bug.

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I guess it’s a Maximum of 2 perks possible and not a guaranteed..

hate when this happens, but i don’t encounter this too often luckily

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Whenever the entity gets blocked off it'll target the next perk first if its available, thats why you buy your way to 2 perks first, then claim one and hope the other isnt grabbed

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2020

What your example shows is just really unfortunate RNG. The odds of this happening are less than 1% [to be precise, 1/(3*8*7)=1/168], since it is literally the only possible sequence to deny you all the 3 remaining perks given the path you chose.

• THHE_SttEve
    THHE_SttEve Member Posts: 4

I always get the goods first like flashlight or medkit