Do you main an unpopular killer?

Options

I mean the killer who's called annoying. The one who survivors call lame and no skill and unfun to play against. To name them Spirit, Hag, Freddy, PH, Slinger, Doctor, Legion those ones I hear the most as annoying. Personally I main Hag. So do you main a unpopular killer?

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited December 2020
    Options

Personally no, I main Mikey, and he's one of the more well liked killers in my experience. But as a Hag main do you get a lot of dc's? @WishIcouldmain

Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Well, I'd probably main Legion if he still had double BP offerings on him. Definitely the most fun killer to play IMO. When I play killer I'm looking for an M1 style killer that I've still got double BP offerings on.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205
    Options

Dorito and Doctor seem to be the least liked ones that I play. And Wraith, though people usually just say he sucks as apposed to hating him outright.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194
    Options

I get a lot of people complaining when I play trapper, who is my favorite. I usually get called a tunneler because people don't like it when I trap vault points and pallets instead of just putting them dead centre in front of a hook.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I play plague pretty often. If you think survivors would be happy to see a killer that isn't picked often, I can assure you they generally aren't (although as a hag main you probably know that)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

im pretty much maining Deathslinger, Doctor and Legion right now.

id say im the best with Deathslinger, but Doctor and Legion are also killers i enjoy and play quite often.

the others... not so much.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I main spirit. I really wish she wasn’t so hated because I love her so much.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

I only play Freddy spirit and hag at red ranks when I’m smurfing I use the worst killers in the game

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    Options

I main GF and if I don't have to cause a challange wants me to play another killer, I never play something else.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

Doc till the end. I use others to farm, but when I need to kill or chase Doc my favourite. I have issues finding stealthy survivors and it's always nice to drag them screaming out of the hole they decided to hide.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

No, everyone loves Legion, right?

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34
    Options

I dont main killer but when I do play as one. I get the most flack as the good Doctor. Not because I'm a particularly lethal killer mind you, but because he can be so absolutely frustrating and annoying to play against.

Conversely, my main killer is trapper and I've been rolling with that Krampus skin which survivors seem to love seeing.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I main spirit and nurse. So...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

I do, actually (I know right GoodBoyKaru isn't a toxic survivor main what- any forum veterans will probably get that joke)!

Pyramid Head is my current main, I just find him so incredibly fun and rewarding to play. I don't just zone and I do like to actually use his power in other ways (aka through the wall guesses even if i throw the game for it), because they're just so damn fin to do and rewarding to hit, but if I have to hold m2 I will.

Before that it was Freddy, both old and new, both of whom were pretty hated.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

I can't really call Piggy hated, but newer players have problems with her and a few sisters out there have put together unfortunate stories of camping jigsaw boxes and tunneling headgear all day long. Since neither are my style nor imo help her I don't do those tactics myself.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2020
    Options

Also RNG can be brutal. I once spent a whole game going to jigsaw boxes and finally got it off, was on death hook too, pig found me and I booped their snoot and they let me go.

They killed me in the end but just leaving me in the game long enough to at least do SOMETHING else was super appreciated. They saw I was struggling, and let me boop the snoot and cut me just enough slack to not de-pip.

There are a lot of newer pigs that tunnel and camp and do obnoxious things; but most of them are very good and respectful players and I love them.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I guess he can be fun to play as but i would say it's really boring to play against him

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

I main Legion and generally play unfun Killers. Something about sucking the happiness out of people brings me joy.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651
    Options

im a demo

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I have pretty much every killer unlocked, but I main Legion and Pig. I usually do very well with them (even at rank 1).

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I hesitate to call myself a "main" of any killer because of how much I like to bounce between different characters and the roles themselves, but I do really enjoy playing the ranged killers.

Ie, I play characters like Huntress (with her bus-sized hatchets that irk some people), Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head pretty regularly. Enough that I have them all at P3 with most of the perks available for each.

But I have no major qualms with going against 'Slinger or PH unless their player is choosing to focus on unpleasant tactics (which are annoying against any killer), so I don't really feel that bad about using either of them myself.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207
    Options

I main Legion. I also like playing against them a lot because they don't cause any status effects/afflictions that annoy me (vomiting,sleeping, madness), mending doesn't bother me.

It's also less common to get hooked right after the first encounter. Legion usually just hits you and goes for someone else. A chance to live a little longer which is nice.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I'm a clown main and some peoplefind me annoying but rlly scary

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,332
    Options

I don't really main any killer, but the killer I can't stop playing for long is Legion. Getting chain Frenzy stabs is just too fun. I love getting Frenzy downs with Frank's Mix Tape as well, probably the most satisfying thing you can do as a killer.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I've been playing Doctor almost as long as I've been playing DBD back in 2018 (back when he was considered really weak). When I'm having a bad day, I'll just switch to him for a bit to destress.

I also main Legion and Hag on the side.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited December 2020
    Options

I switch between Trapper, Legion, Wraith, PH, Nurse, Freddy and occasionally Bubba when I want to shock the hell out of Survivors by not being a complete and utter sweatlord

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

I wouldn’t say people generally hate Nurse, but they probably don’t see her frequently enough to consider her unpopular or dislike her as much as the reoccurring Bubba, Spirit Freddy, Doc lot.

She doesn’t deserve to be hated anyway😌

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I main Sally...so yes.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I think my forum name speaks for itself

• Darkandsinful
    Darkandsinful Member Posts: 39
    Options

i main hag, i love the hag, the hag is queen. she was my 2nd killer i tried after trapper and i just love the play style that is once i learned it's all about strategy. So for 2.5 years i've played the hell out of her even thou lately it seems i get more dc's with her which is a shame because it makes me change my playstyle to murder with extreme predjudice to eh lets mess with peoples heads hit and run in the opposite direction and send em on their way.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

I don’t main but play a lot of Legion. Legion/Pig/Mikey and lots of practice with Blight. Hopefully one day I’ll be good at him.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I don't main him like I did when he came out, but I do play Deathslinger. People say he doesn't have any counters and picking him is just a gg ez for me. I don't see any of that in him. Definitely an overated killer. And a few people have issues with Trapper, but nobody ever really says he's annoying to go against. They simply don't like having their looping cut short by a hidden trap.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I like my leggy and bing bong bois

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

Yeah i main legion.... Hes the best godamm bp farmer you'll ever meet you have to get the downs yourself but god legion does something really good as well.... Find blendies

If only ppl knew about legions incredible power to actively find the immersed. I mean maybe they'd look at me different right but nah "edgy kids bad" at least i get some serious BP doe.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

On Tuesday's I main an AFK Insidious/Lightborn Ghostface.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Hag gang whats good

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Plague main here. I get a lot of 'you're trash for playing such a broken killer' messages, and their ilk, pretty regularly.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

She is just rare killer to face, so survivors often just cleanse everytime they get sick. Some big brain players cleanse while not broken and go to unhook infected survivor and then go cleanse again.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I'm a Huntress main. She is most picked killer but she is not as hated as Spirit, Freddy or Deathslinger.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I think so, I rarely play against Oni and I main Oni, when I see one I just let him kill me at the end.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207
    Options

People seriously like to throw that "has no counters" - excuse easily. Survivors can quite easily dodge his harpoon

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Daddy Dorito and Legion my be the most two annoying killer's to survivor's and most nerfed 😉 coincidence 🤷‍♂️

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Maining Legion.

That said there will always be some survivors who find any killer annoying to face. So bassicly everybody applies

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    edited December 2020
    Options

I recently played Blight for a few games and its alot of fun, but unfortunatly it the most loopable killer in the game imo so ditched him unfortunatly. Then i saw the stats of red rank killers and he was the worst killer at red ranks and i immediatly understood why.

If he would be not so loopable, i would main him for sure