Change Survivor from 3rd Person perspective to 1st Person perspective

Hi, I feel that playing survivor does not bring in the scare factor anymore like it did when I have first started playing it. Instead, many people are willing to play survivor because it is easier to play it compared to killers. However, if we were to change the survivor's perspective from 3rd person to 1st person, not only do we have to keep watch of the killer most of the time, it will also increase the scare factor which I feel will increase the enjoyment of this game as survivor. Furthermore, it will give killers a chance to sneak up on them and give them an advantage. Although this might not be possible, at least there should be something done to increase the scare factor in survivors.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

I've thought about same thing recently, but I dobut the devs will implement it - it would be too hard for them, and survivors gonna outcry. Someone even made a mod, that changes the perspective of view from 3'rd person to the 1'st, and it looked amazing.

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69

Considering the game is balanced around survivors having a third person perspective, changing that would require gigantic changes to the current system; particularly survivors trying to escape the killer.

The only way I could see this being implemented that's reasonable (but still somewhat broken) would be if while cleansing a toten, working on a gen, opening a chest, or hiding in a locker, you were locked into first person. It would make all of those events more tense, while not completely destroying your ability to run around the map and evade the killer.

Though against someone like Wraith, or especially MM, even that small change might be a significant buff to those two.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    It should be first person in a locker, like most games.

But I wouldn't want the entire game to be first person just cause you want some jump scares. For some reason, I have to strain my eyes to discern things from a killers perspective. Would make it painful to play DBD as a whole.
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

I think to make the game more scaryer we could start with testing the game without any hearthbeat. Doktor's area of effect could just be the static noise and border effect instead to compensate the need of knowing if you are to close to him.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Nurse = 4 man every game
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    I think it would be great if it were optional
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

Hi, I feel that playing survivor does not bring in the scare factor anymore like it did when I have first started playing it. Instead, many people are willing to play survivor because it is easier to play it compared to killers. However, if we were to change the survivor's perspective from 3rd person to 1st person, not only do we have to keep watch of the killer most of the time, it will also increase the scare factor which I feel will increase the enjoyment of this game as survivor. Furthermore, it will give killers a chance to sneak up on them and give them an advantage. Although this might not be possible, at least there should be something done to increase the scare factor in survivors.

What? You couldn’t look at a gen all game, the whole point of the 3rd person is to give the survivor the advantage of escape. Staring at a hen and stopping every few seconds to spin round would be boring, it would do more damage than good. It would be a waste of time and money no one would use it 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

No

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

I get the idea. But survivors rely heavily on being able to spot the killer. The concept to balance is good on paper, but in action....not so good.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Sounds like a terrible idea if I’m being honest especially against killers with a very miniscule terrier radius.survivors would constantly be grabbed off things and die way more often. Equals more salty survivors