Which Killers do you want to see reworked and how?

No need for context or justification needed, literally just want to read people's ideas. Here are mine

Plague

Her power doesn't function properly. Puke hits when it shouldn't, and doesn't hit when it should. I would move her away from the stringy projectile vomit as much as possible. Make vile purge a cone that doesn't pass through objects and slows her down considerably, so it takes some skill to land. remove the extreme movement penalty at the end of the vile purge. Give her increased action speeds on infected objects, and call it a passive like zeal for example. change the infection strength add ons to zeal increase add-ons. Corrupt purge can be gained through a moderate duration channel from anywhere on the map. It's duration is much shorter. The plague gains an additional ability during corrupt form and call it is called final rites. Upon utilizing final rights, The plague will pour her censor onto herself and go up in flames. During this form, she does not have collision, her movement speed increases tremendously, and controlling her movement becomes extremely difficult, she cannot attack, and passing through survivors will greatly increase their infection. after an amount of time has passed she will reform.

Ghost face

Like the plague I think his power should be changed just because it doesn't work correctly. I would have his power function like this. Ghost face can always stalk survivors to build up his mark, anytime a survivor is not being stalked their mark decays, ghostface's stalking rate and terror radius are determined by his passive ability, night's shroud. When ghost face is not being looked at, night's shroud grows in power. Over the course of 30 seconds ghost face enters night's shroud, so his terror radius is reduced to from 32 to 0 and stalking speed from x (some constant that is extremely slow) to A*x (some value that is very fast). When he is being looked at, night's shroud decays. While in a chase, chased survivors cannot affect ghost faces night's shroud, However, survivors who are being chased can weaken night's shroud while he is stalking. It is also weakened anytime ghost face attacks. Ghost face can use the active ability button to enter a locker and exit a different locker. Doing so entirely regenerates night's shroud.

Legion

NGL I have literally no clue how to change legion for the better, but I don't think he's very fun, so I would love to see ideas.

Spirit

While phasing, spirit will leave behind green footprints similar to survivors leaving scratch marks. These footprints are delayed such that a phasing spirit will give away their location if they remain still too lung, and that a patient survivor can determine if a spirit is just standing still or phasing.

Twins

Give survivors a status effect that allows them to pick themselves up when downed by Victor. Give Charlotte increased movement speed when moving in the direction of her brother that increases the further apart they are. Allow Charlotte to turn while waking up, but also make her wake up time longer if shes spamming back and forth.

Huntress

115% move speed and 32 meter TR while not carrying any hatchets.

Amanda

IDK but something to make her feel more involved in the trial. Perhaps a set of add-ons that reveal auras and locations so Pigs have a better idea of when and where to crouch. For example: Trip wire - 3 random generators will be trapped with tripwires, these generators will be will have a 2x2 meter white square around their base. Running over the perimeter of the square trips the wires and causes them to turn yellow.

All (except Myers)

I consider Myers add-ons to be the gold standard, and feel like all other killers should be brought to his level.

Comments

• The RNG mechanics from trapper and pig both need to go. Pig's should probably be re-designed and balanced to take a certain amount of time, but be a skill check or something that is unique to only her. Make her interesting; play on the "Game" part of her power or something.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Demo.

Make him cool.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

I am all for spirit getting reworked being a spirit main, although I feel like footprints could be hard to see. Scratch marks for spirit while she's phasing could work, or the idea Otz had where she shows glimpses of herself. A buff to compensate would be to make her go a little faster in phase or maybe slightly faster cooldown, it doesn't have to be too crazy. I think this will make spirit just as strong as she is, but will be a lot more balanced. The stand still 'mindgame' has gotta be nerfed to the ground, which is something I hardly ever try to do.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The best thing is, that stand still BS wasn't possible when spirit was bugged and you could hear her wailing while she was phasing. You also had a very rough idea of where she was, which led to some actual meaningful counterplay. Wasn't the ultimate fix, but it was certainly going to be a step in the right direction if BHVR kept it in. Buuuut nope. It was a bug and all bugs have to go, even if it literally improved your game and people were giving feedback telling you to keep it in the game.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Pyramid Head's Add Ons need a total overhaul. All of his trail-based add-ons (increased use time, increased duration, increased recharge, increased killer instinct, ) need to be lumped together into one or two add ons. All the ones that apply the useless Blindness/Oblivious/Hemorrhage need to be trashed entirely. Then, all those empty spots need something GOOD and/or INTERESTING instead. Stuff like other killers get to enhance or alter their powers.

Maybe the shockwave throws the torment trail down too. Or an add on to massively increase the recovery time on missed shockwaves. Or an addon to mute the sounds of using the knife. Or one that makes survivors who go through the trails to keep pulsing with killer instinct for, like 30 seconds instead of 1 second. Or turning the shockwave into a cone. Or an addon that makes the trails injure healthy survivors (but not affect injured or tormented survivors). Or one that puts a cool down on your shockwave but massively increases your speed while dragging a trail along the ground. Or makes your trails invisible after 30 seconds of being created. Or having your trails no longer inflict torment, but reveal the auras of survivors within 8 yards of them. Or whatever. Anything. Anything at all other than what he currently has.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

He just needs some tweaks and an add on pass; and it sounds like he may be getting them soon enough.

Also I'll shred you if you imply Demo isn't cool again >:o

• GannTM

I was very upset when they “fixed” that bug. Although I feel like that bug gave survivors a little too much information, but like you said, it was a step in the right direction. Standing still shouldn’t be as powerful as it is on spirit. I’m really hoping the devs do a proper rework on her without gutting her power.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Deathslinger - the longer you aim down the sights, the faster and more range your spear has. Instant-ADS would have like a 3 or 4 meter range, so pop-shotting would still be possible, and could easily do things like shoot over autohaven loops if you're both hugging it, or right after someone dead hards, but you would have to aim in for a second or two to get the full 18m range (there would be a sound to let you know you're at max range. Maybe also change some add-ons to give him increased range too?). So he would become more of an actual zoning killer that holds angles and capitalises on mistakes instead of zoning survivors by literally existing and doing nothing. And then you increase his ADS movement speed or reload speed or something to compensate.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Clown: Absolutely no idea what they have in mind for this but hope he is less annoying

Leatherface: remove some of the charges or decrease the speed burst he gets from them. Drastically decrease his collision zone for his chainsaw (for objects) and remove the speed debuff he gets while charging

Trapper: Trapper now starts with all his bear traps. The odds of escaping a bear trap are now higher. Stepping in a bear trap inflicts the mangled status effect by default.

Hag: Reduce the number of her traps by 3 and reduce the trigger area of traps. Make it so if you were moving when you teleported you continue moving, not teleport into a standstill and have to click the movement button again. Increase the base range she can teleport to her traps.

Huntress: Fix the hitboxes of the hatchets. Remove 1 hatchet from the base maximum. Make her reload time in lockers slightly faster

Oni: Oni now starts with 3 blood fountains around the map in random locations similar to Plague's corrupt purge. They immediately fill his Demon Fury. They won't refill until all the fountains have been used, forcing the player to use them strategically. He can still earn his demon fury through blood orbs like before. The consumption for using a demon fury attack in increased while consumption for the dash is decreased. This way Oni doesn't feel like he is without power the first part of the match

Pig: She still has 4 bear traps she can apply whenever. Instead of having different boxes there is a set box for each person similar to Freddy's alarm clocks. Each person must complete a series of skill checks every 2 seconds for 30 seconds at their designated trap box. This action will not have to be completed in one go. During this time The Pig is unable to see any survivors with traps on their heads with aura reading perks/add-ons. Trap timers stay the way they are but no longer decrease while running similar to the mend status effect (this will prevent the issues where she will follow you in crouch but it isn't counted as a chase). The Pig is not able to see the locations of the boxes. Her dash remains the same.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Design cool, power not cool.

Coulda hade a power in between Old Freddy and New Freddy where he pulls people into the Upside-Down, like in the show. Or they could've had his Portals infect the surrounding area and expand, making them soft area denial.

Basically, there's a reason he's one of the least played Killer's. He isn't strong, but not weak either. He's just boring and offers nothing unique.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

Legion: idk maybe make him like a parkour killer.

For example in his frenzy whenever he vaults a window or pallet his frenzy duration is increased. Idk for the numbers but that seems like a fun change.

Then he gets more map pressure and can use his power to run all over the map.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

No thanks. Some of those ranged attack addons sound more busted than old ph.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I actually really like the footprints idea for spirit. It could be both useful and look cool :)

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,261

Freddy

Bring back the pre-rework version so I can play him again :D

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Trapper

2 traps base carrying capacity, starts with 2 traps

Reworked Bags: Trapper Sack now gives +0/+1, Trapper Bag +1/+1 and Stitched Bag +1/+2

Stepping on a bear trap while healthy causes 5% hindered until fully healed

Stepping on a bear trap while injured causes 5% hindered and deep wounds after freed

Stepping on a bear trap while in deep wounds causes 5% hindered and the honing stone effect

Longwood Dye basekit, darkening addons darken the same degree but going from there

Disarm time increased by 1,5 seconds

Killer Instinct indicating disarm in progress

Rescue time increased by 3 seconds

Escape time increased by 1 second

Trap spawn range check: traps now can´t spawn closer than 25m from the edges of the map

Serrated jaws swap tier rarity with rusty jaws and cause 5% extra hindered instead of hemmorage

Extreme nerf to Object or some base mechanic for Trapper to not be hard countered by the perk

Myers

Range Stalk penalty reduced by 50%

Bonus stalk progression for stalking multiple Survivors

Stolen from Otz: A successfull hit in EW1 completely fills the gauge so an immediate tier up is possible.

"Evil" in the Survivors now regenerates at a rate of 1 for every 45 sec the Survivor hasn´t been stalked

Trigger mechanic to tier up similar to Oni (same sound cue as before)

After Tier 3 ends, 30 seconds of Undetectable

Reduce height by 2 feet (from 9 to 7)

Tier 1 MS increase to 4.4 (110%)

Remove movementspeed penalty from Vanity Mirror

Reduce Scratched Mirror aura reading range to 24m

I think with these changes both of these Killers could potentially climb up into the mid tier. I don´t think any of this would make either of them anywhere near as strong as Nurse, Spirits, Freddy, Phead or Bubba.

• trick
    trick Member Posts: 159

if this change was implemented huntress would be the strongest killer xD like this is why they are balanced xD its not about what we want as the killer its about game mechanics and balance. If we got what we want well the game would be unplayable for survivors wouldnt it

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Deathslinger: Give him the Pyramid Head treatment. Remove his quickscope but make his reeling in faster.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I agree make it so if he ADS then puts his gun down he can’t attack or shoot for 1.5 seconds

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Plague's concept is good, but her vomit is actually harder to use than Huntress's hatchets. That is wrong. Devs should fix this. Not too easy to use, but slightly easier than it is now.

Spirit needs an auditory cue when she is phasing nearby. And her ability recharges much slower since it is so lethal. It is dumb that she can recharge within only a few seconds.

When Ghostface released, he had an auditory cue when nearby. This needs to return. Needs to be MUCH easier to look at him and remove his power. I have stared at him for eternity in the center of the screen and he still stalks me. That is dumb.

Huntress needs directional lullaby and needs a much longer cooldown between throws with addon rework where she loses all recharge addons, with a maximum of 3 or 4 hatchets. She should not able to down everyone like an automatic shotgun. This killer way too overpowered.

Freddy needs to completely lose his teleport to the survivor objective at will. He should have to STOP and have an animation for using snares. Fake pallets are OK with no cooldown. No sleeping unless he pulls you into dream state!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myers is perfect, any buffs would make him OP.

Leatherface needs to have shorter range with his chainsaw. Considering how sparse pallets are and how he can eat them with ease, he is overpowered. When he breaks a pallet with his saw, he should have a longer stun.

Cancel the Clown rework.

No more killer buffs.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Fun fact, Frenzy timer pauses during vaulting so this is already in the game in a way

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

If I were to rework a killer I would rework the Wraith and make him new and improved.

• GannTM

Spirit’s cooldown is not an issue at all. You are basically asking for spirit to be completely nerfed and to be significantly weaker than she is. The issue with spirit is that she needs to give an interactive chase to survivors, not because she can spam her ability (which she really can’t) like Freddy and his snares. Giving her an audio cue is fine, but there needs to be a buff to compensate. People like you need to realize that balancing things doesn’t always necessarily mean nerfing them/making them weaker.