If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Survivor Perk Idea: Hard Lessons

Options
Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
For every failed skillcheck you gain a token. Each token increases the skillcheck success zone grows slightly/moderately/considerably.
"What doesn't kill me will make me stronger."

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    For every failed skillcheck you gain a token. Each token increases the skillcheck success zone grows slightly/moderately/considerably.

Why not make skill checks reward more?

• Peasant
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:

I wouldn't make skill checks be worth more as the aim of this perk is to make it harder to fail. This way, new survivors (or those who just struggle with skillchecks) have a way of learning how to hit skillchecks a bit safer.

I'd say it's balanced rn as this helps for nearly every killer except Freddy Krueger, whom it screws you on. 

Btw, when I say increased success zones, I am referring to the good skillcheck zone size.
  • Jack11803
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:

I wouldn't make skill checks be worth more as the aim of this perk is to make it harder to fail. This way, new survivors (or those who just struggle with skillchecks) have a way of learning how to hit skillchecks a bit safer.

I'd say it's balanced rn as this helps for nearly every killer except Freddy Krueger, whom it screws you on. 

Btw, when I say increased success zones, I am referring to the good skillcheck zone size.

Ah, well anyway it should be a generic perk. People would be understandably angry if this one one of three teachable for a chapter. Good perk idea though

• Peasant
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:

Ah, well anyway it should be a generic perk. People would be understandably angry if this one one of three teachable for a chapter. Good perk idea though

Who said anything about making this a teachable? I'm just spitting out perk ideas for the devs.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited September 2018
    Options

Umm... not sure bigger success zones would be worth it. I mean, the real challenge is hitting those damn Great Skill Check (or Hex Skill Check) zones. Good Skill Checks are easy to hit to begin with.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:

Jack11803 said:

@Peasant said:

Who said anything about making this a teachable? I'm just spitting out perk ideas for the devs.

Yeah, but seems they forgot they can just add perks

• OrionQc24
    OrionQc24 Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Going to be honest...so...doing 20 posts all about perks isn't spam but editing twice is ? ######### ?
  • Peasant
    edited September 2018
    Options

@OrionQc24 said:
    Going to be honest...so...doing 20 posts all about perks isn't spam but editing twice is ? ######### ?

Well I mean, each one of my posts is a different post entirely. The content is different for each post and it is being posted in the correct subforum. So I guess it's alright. Rest-assured my flurry of posts will end soon enough. (11:30ish EST)

• OrionQc24
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Peasant said:

@OrionQc24 said:

Well I mean, each one of my posts is a different post entirely. The content is different for each post and it is being posted in the correct subforum. So I guess it's alright. Rest-assured my flurry of posts will end soon enough. (11:30ish EST)

Tbh I find it a dick move that instead of one discussion showing new perks. You decided to do one each to show nothing but your posts on this section...if you say it wasn't for this purpose I straight up don't believe you. Especially when for exemple this perk here use 4 lines...you really couldn't at least group them in 2 discussions ? Like killer perk / survivor perk.
  • Peasant
    edited September 2018
    Options

@OrionQc24 said:
    Peasant said:

@OrionQc24 said:

Tbh I find it a dick move that instead of one discussion showing new perks. You decided to do one each to show nothing but your posts on this section...

I apologize that this upset you. I assure you my intent was not to spam or block out other users posts. I just didn't have all of the ideas in my head at the time of conception (hence the different times for each post). Then there's the fact that, as you mentioned, apparently editing a post twice is spam. Therefore I had no choice but to make multiple posts to communicate my ideas.

• OrionQc24
    Options
    I'm not upset and give you the benefice of doubt but think about it next time. I'm probably not the only one who think this is kind of unfair.
  • Peasant
    Options

@OrionQc24 said:
    I'm not upset and give you the benefit of the doubt but think about it next time. I'm probably not the only one who thinks this is kind of unfair.

Understood, in the future, I will attempt to compress my ideas into longer posts. I just hope they get read.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Peasant said:

@OrionQc24 said:
    I'm not upset and give you the benefit of the doubt but think about it next time. I'm probably not the only one who thinks this is kind of unfair.

Understood, in the future, I will attempt to compress my ideas into longer posts. I just hope they get read.

Orion, you get the edit spam as it counts as its own post, and you’re a new user, it gets more lenient the more posts you have that are validated. I have to post 6 times in a minute for a spam block