Legion is the worst killer

This is just awful. Any time I pick up Legion for a daily or some other reason I always do badly. If I want a stressful game I'll just pick him. He has like zero map pressure, his ability is simply to injure, and he gets aim dressed all the time. Even Trapper is better than him because survivors can get cocky and you snowball on them. Legion has nothing like that. The only good slowdown perk on Legion, Thanatophobia is also garbage since the nerf. His stun after using his power needs to be less, or be less visually disruptive. He needs a secondary ability. He's much too simple of a killer to pose a serious threat against any team above rank 10. You just stay injured against him and push gens, or heal against him if he wants to waste all that time injuring and not downing. How did this killer make it to live?

Comments

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Dunno, it has a high pick rate, perhaps other people (Including me) like playing him? Just because he has some bad designs, doesn't mean no one likes him. I don't really care how bad he is, he's fun to me and I'd like him to stay that way. He had lost potential for sure, but I do with what I have.

Even though it's less than 1%, but some people can still consistently 3/4k with him. No killer in this game is impossible to master, but some are just harder to play with.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Not really. Legion can at least run fast from one side of the map to the other and has a built-in slow down. Clown is in a worse spot I think.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited January 2021

Legion does have some problems, but they're definitely not the worst.

Those Injuries plus Deep Wound are their map pressure. Frenzy stabbing 1 person takes them out of the game for 28 seconds assuming they have a medkit to heal with. It gets worse if they have to get healed by self care or someone else without any healing perks. In that situation, the Legion has wasted a minimum of 44s of survivor time. That's half a Gen for a single stab that is very easy to land. Survivors can mitigate that slightly by healing with 2, but that's just begging Legion to show up half way through and Frenzying their way through 75% of the team.

Now yes, Survivors do try to just not heal vs them, but any decent Legion main builds their perks around that. I personally am currently enjoying running Trail of Torment on them. Budget Night Shroud suddenly makes not healing an absolutely terrible idea because that Legion could suddenly step around the corner and stab you, completely bypassing their normal weakness of having to get downs with M1. Alternatively I've also run Play WIth Your Food on them. Even a single stack of that makes attempting to loop them so much harder and if you haven't healed, that single stack turns into a down.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

I recently played against a Legion killer for the first time and had one of the most intense and fun games I've ever had lol. It actually made me want to go and buy Legion to play myself. Though I had no idea how his power worked and nearly killed myself continuing to work gens and not heal, and, even though we did beat him, it was a very long and drawn out game. The chases are what got me the most, every time I look behind me and he's charging towards me with the knife held high, I couldn't help but laugh in fear haha!

Anyway, I do hear Legion is one of the weaker killers but I heard the same thing about Ghost Face too, and yet I've grown to enjoy playing him so, I'm confident Legion won't be the worst experience. On paper, he certainly seems viable, he just maybe needs tweaks to his power cd I think.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

*Laughs in clown

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,074

Legion is definitely not the worst killer.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Of course they're.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,100

But I hope that doesn't mean no changes for them in the future...

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

A killer that moves really fast has zero map pressure? You even say in your first sentence you basically only use Legion when doing a daily for them so.. why would you expect to be good with a killer you don't use?

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Legion needs a few tweaks but nothing major. A touch more reward for multiple FF stabs but removing some of the more annoying aspects to play against (healing simulator isn’t fun).

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

This is, as always, depends on the map and RNG and your mood, but I don't think Legion is the worst killer. Otz did his first 50 wins streak with Legion. 

So you can win with Legion quite consistent, just learn some tricks (like for any other killer). 

Some aspects of Legion's power is frustrating of course, for instance, the biggest change for me would be making his power lethal, like let me down the injured survivor. 

Or, more important, why would you punish me using M1 and take some value from my power gauge?

Legion is not OP, but on average I enjoy playing him.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Legion definitely isn't rewarding, or fun to play against, but he isn't the worst.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Mid tier killer. Learn how to play them and you will win a lot.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Legion is a decent killer. A year ago I might have agreed with you, but since then the reworked maps have been making m1 gameplay a lot more viable. Now the only way holding W and playing safe works is if you're on a ridiculous map, or if your team is just slamming the hell out of the gens.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Clown is a million times worse. At least the legions power does something that changes the match, instead of having a power that slows survivors down, but has a very long reload that requires you to move at survivor crouching pace, to the point it counters itself out.

• The_Floof
    The_Floof Member Posts: 69

I beg to differ, either your playing skill is not very high or its some of the perks you run. Honestly, I have done very well and very poor with legion. However I have done very well with all killers and very poor with all killers. Yes in the red ranks if that makes any difference. There is a set of add ons I prefer for him, and some I will never use.

Honestly, a lot of my builds come from youtubers who make builds. Im to lazy to experiment on my own and when I do the few times. It fails horribly.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

You call Legion fast? Sure dude. It certainly feels like it due to the intrusive run effects on the side of the screen, but I know my distances and he feels like he's barely going faster while in his ability than his normal walk speed.

• danielmaster87

That is one thing that needs to go, and should never have been introduced. Why should Legion lose some of his meter for not even using his power? It doesn't make any sense.

• danielmaster87

Every team is slamming gens these days, so that's probably it.

• danielmaster87

My philosophy for how good a killer is also takes into account how they do with no add-ons or with brown add-ons. He does awful without duration and extra effect add-ons. Because if you have to use a select build or two, or a few select add-ons for the killer to work, he's no good.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Legion is very, very, very bad, but he's not the worst.

He's pretty good at snowballing and slowing the game, because he keeps people injured constantly.

This isn't enough to make him higher than D tier, but it still puts him above complete dumpster fires like Wraith, Myers, and Clown.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

You rely far too much on statistics to make your judgements and ignore the clear in-game interactions the determine if any killer is good or bad.

The ranking system is terrible, enabling killers who simply delay the game and get minimal downs, perhaps without even killing anyone, to still rank up. The same goes for survivors do a merely acceptable job of repairing gens, getting chased, and saving others, still ranking up. Allowing them to reach red ranks just playing for long enough without improving.

This is why red ranks are so diluted with players of so much varying skill in games and why your statistics are not as important factor about balancing the game as you think they are. They are skewed with so many variables, like the aforementioned player kill and also map rng, that they do not create an accurate representation of how the game's balance actually is.

I think you should take a greater look into how the game functions so you are more capable of balancing it.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Maybe play legion more than “deciding to play legion” for a daily or randomly?

• floofysnake
    floofysnake Member Posts: 7

Alright kiddos I made an account just for yall so buckle up. I'm a legion main with a few months of experience, currently rank 10 but can compete with rank 8 fairly well. I'm going to leave some of my thoughts on legion since... Very few people on this thread appear to actually know what they're talking about beyond 'legion bad'

Alright first I'll just start with how to play legion cause why not. Typical start, find where everyone is (I like to use the perk which shows when people work together on gens). Once you've found them and you think you can land a hit on them, use frenzy, stab EVERYONE on the map once, everyone should now be injured and if you have the right add ons (I reccomend the legion pin to apply broken and things to extend the frenzy duration cause its way too short and needs a slight buff). You'll probably have sprinted across the map from the original gen but that's fine, they won't be working on it. If they're a team who know what they're doing then they'll probably be healing now, giving you time to complete the chase on the final survivor you stabbed. If this looks like it'll be about 30 seconds, try to guide them towards the original gen you found people at. Use your power only when people are healed or you need to scare people away from a distant gen. Rest of the game you're stuck as an m1 killer except hopefully everyone will be injured and you can get multiple downs at once. That is the ideal legion situation.

Now the less good situation is when everyone is a master at dodging in this game, because it makes it less and less likely you'll score hits with feral frenzy, effectively making you useless. What makes this even harder I've noticed is that for some reason legion doesn't seem to hit straight in front of him, especially in frenzy, and instead hits a little off to the right so that if somebody loops you clockwise it can mean you hit walls when you shouldn't.

Another bad situation is when sqauds are constantly healed, but all you can really do about that is split them up and make it so people aren't able to body block.

My main problems with legion:

The thing where you hit to the right

The stun after frenzy seems slightly long, should maybe be 3 seconds instead of 4.

Many of their attachments seem completely useless, such as anything which mentions deep wounds as in the several months I've played I've only seen one person get downed due to deep wounds.

The inability to see scratch marks can be a real pain, especially in the endgame if you use feral frenzy to get between gates, though it isn't a huge problem and you learn to work around it.

It may be purely visual, but legion seems to have a much smaller lunge range (probably because of the smol knife)

Your power has no use in the endgame collapse, unless gates are closed. You're far better playing as an m1 killer as soon as the gates open.

Other than that... Legion is actually playable. Now I definitely wouldn't call him a great killer, but if you learn how to play him then you can be a nightmare for a team who don't heal each other.

I probably forgot something but who cares.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

You know the one change I'd want to see? For the gauge to not slightly deplete when you hit someone with a basic attack. I don't have every killer but all the other killers I do have don't get punished for hitting someone with a basic attack

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited January 2021

Reminder that Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study are absolutely worthless since the rework. Maybe Legion is average in terms of kill rate, but everything about their existence has been frustrating. The misleading trailer, the buggy release, the toxic playstyle, the underwhelming rework, the bad add-ons, the lack of updates (aside from adding new skins...)

I completely understand why some people dislike The Legion.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

He's pretty much an M1 Killer IMO,

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

If the survivors let you " stab EVERYONE on the map once" then they don't know what they're doing against Legion. Running away from him does a lot, the only people who get chained are the ones close together who don't run right away or at all. You also need to be lucky enough to find every grouped to begin with, and good survivors split up as soon as the game starts. Sincerely a Legion player since his release.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Not the worst, but far from being in the middle of the pack like Almo says.

They get punished for hitting a survivor with a basic attack. You know, THE THING KILLERS ARE REQUIRED TO DO IN ORDER TO DOWN A SURVIVOR. It takes away half of their power bar when you hit a survivor with a basic attack.

You can counter a legion by holding W for an extended period, and by not grouping up. Which are already valid tactics against most other killers.

But getting hit by their power is super annoying because the game is already a 'hold one button for 80 seconds simulator'. But their power adds another 'hold one button for X amount of time' interaction.

Not to mention how much of a joke deep wounds is.

They need tons of QoL changes to make them better to play as, and against.

• The_Floof
    The_Floof Member Posts: 69

I am not sure I completely agree. I have had games, in the red ranks which again Red Ranks mean jack flip, other than determined people playing. I have had it where I slaughtered a group of people with no add-ons. Mean, of course perks but with Legion, the perks I used for him didn't slow the game down. Like with Ruin or other ones similar to that expect for than Thanatophobia. Got a 4k with little effort. Again, failed horribly. I average with Legion 2 - 3 kills a match. Most of the time the last one gets out by hatch (darn hatch GRRR).

For example, my favorite with no add-ons which isn't a popular opinion is the Doctor. Don't know why, but zapping the heck out of people always makes me happy.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

You realize that a killer with NO power would perform good overall? 50% of kills happen because survivors play dumb, get farmed, DC, whatever. It's not that the killer is strong...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

Legion: Spawns on like Rancid Abattoir, survivors are grouped up, survivors are not aware being grouped up is bad. *Stab stab stab stab, 4K* Survivors go to forums and complain about how boring legion is.

Legion: Spawns on Shelter woods, survivors spawn separated and know this is good. Entire start of the game is just a disaster because he has to haul ass around the entire massive map; and it just goes downhill to a 4 man escape. Legion player talks about how underpowered legion is on the forums and asks for buffs.

Bhvr: Well this means he got 2 kills on average so the killer is fine!

That logic is so messed up. There are clear design and balance problems with the killer; because his kit is literally situational. It's strong in one set up; and just awful in another. Shouldn't it be based on how the killer and survivors perform; and less about the map, the luck of spawns, and other nonsense?

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I don't get where this bad comparission come from, you need to compare how much you cover with 14 seconds of Frenzy. Only in that way you're doing a fair comparission... the stun time can't be counted to travel because obviously, you're stunned.