The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Auric Cells in free rift track

Call me crazy, I know. But a thought. Would BHVR ever consider free auric cells in the free track of the rift? I don't mean too many, of course. Like, a total of 400 for reaching level 70. That's not absurd, over 70 days you can get 400 cells. Enough for one purple cosmetic piece. Smart people could save them for 3 rifts worth and get a rift pass. Or after 2 Rifts, you could buy a character. I mean, that sorta brings up problems, accquiring licensed characters for free. But do you think it'd ever be a possibility? Think of, god save me for mentioning it, Fortnite. A little bit of premium currency over the battle pass. Surely it couldn't hurt?

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

That would be way too generous, if they did offer any it would be a really tiny amount. Otherwise in just two seasons someone would have enough to get the paid pass. I don't see it ever happening, instead I think they need to offer blood point bonuses, items, add-ons, they need to fill up the track with more items. Way too many tiers are empty.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Just make your self a favour and purchase 1k auric cells if you can consistently reach 70. That way you can invest into the rift and get it back for the next after reaching its completed.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

Free auric cells in the free rift would be weird considering the rift is designed to make money.

• FloofyHaru
    FloofyHaru Member Posts: 40

Honestly, I posted this in a moment of desperation praying that the BHVR gods would smile upon me and grant my wish. I need to hit 60 before the end of this one in order to buy the next one, and I don't think I have time lmao. So y'know... Slide me a few hundred cells, BHVR... Keep it between us...

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's designed to make it feel like you're missing out on the premium track so you spend the money, more of those spaces filled would completely defeat that purpose. Why do you think it also tells you that you've unlocked a new tier even though there was nothing on it?

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

*Closes book

"Like that's ever gonna happen!"

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

the battlepass is awful by design, not just the free track

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351

you may have a point if the game was F2P, But this is full stop the worst battlepass I have seen in a game and with good will in short supply it might be time to be a little bit more generous, but hey knowing you all you'll do is defend the company when they probably introduce loot boxes (It has leaked). You'll still defend a game that cost over a hundred dollars to get complete and has every F2P scheme know to man. Sad.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

"Knowing me"? Ok you very clearly don't know me, I despise the battle pass and all their garbage monetisation practices in this game. I have literally said this game should be f2p at this point. At what point did I ever defend BHVR's battle pass? I literally said it was a scummy design.

Once again, people assuming so much on the forums without reading comments thoroughly enough.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351
    edited January 2021

Sorry confused you with Sluzzy my b. your post felt like something they would unironically say to defend BHVR. That Laurie icon has been ruined by that account on these forums me.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

Absolutely correct. I want to emphasize that it's intentionally awful. You're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to be frustrated when you open it and see that you got nothing from the free reward again. You're supposed to cave in and spend money on the premium track.

Pretty much all of the issues with the battlepass could be fixed if it didn't expire. Once bought you finish it whenever you want. If you can't finish them on time with the current system then you will still fall behind if they don't expire, but you can get the items you want at your own pace.

I also like how the developers have acknowledged that the grind is awful, and have done nothing to fix it. My guess is that they will add experience boosters, but you only get them if you buy the battlepass early instead of waiting to see if you can finish it and then buying it.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The fact that it has a battlepass is just awful to begin with.

Makes people play like dumbasses, takes forever to go through, I get a hat for Meg which forces me to expose her face, the rewards just aren't that great.. I don't like it.

The only positive thing I can say about it is that putting auric cells into it gets you all the cells back if you finish it completely, so TECHNICALLY, no cost sunk.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I can understand not putting auric cells but they should fill the blank spaces with at least Bloodpoints and Iridescent Shards. All the empty spaces make the rift look like crap.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

A small amount would be fine. DICE/EA takes that approach with BF V. Inbetween their passes they have weekly challenge tracks that reward currency and premium currency.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Last Q&A, I put in a question asking them if they'd be open to Iri shards on the free track. Got around 50 upvotes I think, and they ignored it. Soooo... seems like the most charitable they're going to be is some BP or something on the free track

I feel like I'm dealing with the video game equivalent of comcast here

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I wouldn't take it personally. Assuming you've seen their Q&A's, they ALWAYS cherry pick the 'safe' questions to give a simple yes or no to. Everytime I've watched, it's always the most safe and useless question, and they never go into any details.

• musstang62

That's true, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was personally insulted that they didn't take my question, I guess it just seemed like it was a pretty innocuous question to ask from my perspective. Seems like they could earn so much good will with a simple change like that. I guess I'm just more frustrated in that I can't wrap my head around the decision process that goes on for stuff like this

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Oh I totally get it. I'd rather your question be answered than a 'Did it take long for the map to be reworked'. It just feels so insulting that people are asking really good questions, but they're ignored for the safety of no backlash for their answers. I'd actually have more respect for them if they did answer the risky questions because to me, it shows them willing to face the issues, rather than try ignore them and hope they quiet down.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited January 2021

Battlepasses are designed to mentally trap you into spending money, same as lootboxes. If that's not a good enough reason, there's also the fact that the liscenced DLC are available for purchase via auric cells and the liscence holders would be pissed that suddenly people are buying their IP without giving them money, because lets be honest BHVR won't fork out the cash, they literally put a battlepass into the game...

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Auric cells are money, they will never give money to players.

Lets say they give you enough Auric cells to buy Freddy Krueger, for every Freddy transaction they have to pay the license holders (or they should if the license holders werent that dumb to accept only an upfront payment) but you got the character for free so the money they have to give them comes from their pocket, it will never happen.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It's Bhvr you are talking about. It's not gonna happen. They won't even give you a decent amouunt of shards. Take a look at the last halloween event for example we got 10k shards with skins costing 21k each.

• musstang62

Fully agreed, I would have a lot more respect for them if they did include some challenging questions. Would make for much more transparent communication

I kinda also agree with the criticism that if there's going to be a non-answer like "soon TM" given to any of the questions, then there wasn't really any point in even including it. Seems like it's only safe questions and safe answers

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

I've seen other battlepasses where you get a reward at each tier of the free track -- it's just not as good as the rewards you get on the paid track. If they don't want to make more free cosmetics, I think throwing in some iri shards or extra blood points or something would at least make it feel less pointless. Though, I agree that I don't see them putting auric cells on the free track.