Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Pestula Pedals In January 2021??

Wuffy
Wuffy Member Posts: 1

I was playing dead by daylight on my nintendo switch yesterday when I came across something pretty peculiar. I got chased across the map by a hag and ran to the shack when I noticed that a pustule pedal had spawned in the middle of the shack. When I brushed by it the interact button was there and I could harvest the flower, but I was being chased at the time so I wasn't able to get a video of me interacting with the pastula pedal and see if it gave me bloodpoints or whatever. Once the chase had ended the hag hooked me in the basement and I was able to start recording. Luckily I was able to catch a video of someone else cleansing the Pestula pedal. I dont think there is anyway to prove this was not recorded during the event, but I assure you I have no reason to lie or troll, created an account just to see If anyone has had similar experiences and I guess drill into the devs head that the game is so ######### and spaghetti coded as #########. Like how does this happen? Am I the only one?

https://youtu.be/JHpwO5ozBJA

Answers

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited January 2021

Tl;dr Not a bug

Its spawn is triggered by someone entering the trial with a corresponding tome V quest selected. In theory, only the person with this quest should be able to interact with the pestula flower.

Unlike blighted gens, pestula flowers are part of the tome content rather than halloween event this time.