If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Dying flame

Options
OrionQc24
OrionQc24 Member Posts: 283
edited September 2018 in Creations
In this game mode; 1 killer / 4 survivors.

The campfire is burning out and needs to be fed. This mode would feature maps only in the forest, gens would be replace by wood cutting stations and exit gates by a central campfire.

The goal for survivors here; is to cut as many wood pieces as you can and bring it the the central flame before the timer runs out. Of cours the killer's goal is to delay or deny any wood cutting. Once the fire is rekindled a 5mins countdown starts. The killer may still win, if he can kill everyone in that short amount of time.

If the survivors fails, darkness takes over and down everyone still alive.

If the survivors wins, the flame is rekindle and the killer banish from the area/lose.
Post edited by OrionQc24 on

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@OrionQc24 While I appreciate the concept for a new game mode, I have some qualms. The most important one is the lore. Is this fire just a generic fire, or is it The Campfire (where survivors wake up after escaping a trial? Secondly, how would the match end? You mentioned rekindling the fire, would that entail that there is a set amount of firewood needed or am I mistaken? Finally, if the fire is the only objective, wouldn't that enable camping? Just a few concerns of mine.

• OrionQc24
    OrionQc24 Member Posts: 283
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Peasant said:

@OrionQc24 While I appreciate the concept for a new game mode, I have some qualms. The most important one is the lore. Is this fire just a generic fire, or is it The Campfire (where survivors wake up after escaping a trial? Secondly, how would the match end? You mentioned rekindling the fire, would that entail that there is a set amount of firewood needed or am I mistaken? Finally, if the fire is the only objective, wouldn't that enable camping? Just a few concerns of mine.

Lore wise the fire is heavily implied to be a sort of manifestation of hope. Wether it's made by the entity to leurre survivors is unknown but it is a safe zone so yes it would be shape like the campfire survivors go to.

About your next question; yes it would be cutting pieces of woods but not necessarly bring it to the fire it could just be like doing gens. Although I'd like the idea of bringing wood pieces to the campfire. Maybe as soon as you're near, it add the woods to the fire, making camping useless.

Last but not least the end game.

If survivors got enough wood (win) and manage to stay alive until a timer runs out; all hooks break, the fire ignite, a growling can be heard and it goes to the stats screen.
    From the killer perspective he just go to the stats screen.

If the survivors do not bring enough wood (lose); a giant dark claw like the one on the hooks appear in the sky, all survivors are downed and can be picked up by the killer for extra points on the hooks. They are all revealed to the killer.