Would Cross-Platforms Be A Good Idea in DBD?

Rescultir
Rescultir Member Posts: 185

PC will always be the master race for games, I, myself coming from Xbox One to PC have seen the potential, but wouldn't the community be a bit better if it was a whole instead of being separated? Why have certain things for PC and ignore consoles completely even though what is updated to the PC version will go to the consoles anyway, why single them out and make them feel like their opinion doesn't matter because they are no on a PC version? You would get so much more feedback for your game and PTB's if you expanded and made cross-platforms. Wait times would be shorter since there would be more killers and survivors and there would be little to no "dead game time," is what I call it when the game is completely dead at a certain time of the day. I do not see why the platforms should be separated I would understand if there was some kind of "unique" advantages over other platforms but there really isn't. I also understand that it would probably take more time to make this happen but it would be 100% worth it, in my opinion. Make the community a whole, stop singling the other guys and this will be a better place for all since all opinions matter to people that love their game(s). What do you think? Is there going to be a time for everyone to come together or is it best to leave them where they are and ignore them? Let me know down below!

(The text above is more of a longer, joking...ish version, here is the short version... Cross-Platforms, good or bad and why? Let me know! If you read the above text... I am so sorry, I am just bored and waiting for a download LUL thank you for reading it though <3)

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Could be a thing. Tho I doubt it's gonna happen since the server are either steam ones, microsoft ones or sony ones and usually, there is a lot of trouble according these 3.
    Not to mention I'm kinda scared for some console killers, since some killers are really hard to play with a controller compared to with a keyboard and mouse, which could make some match-up (against PC players) to prove difficult at high ranks.

• Rescultir

I played with a controller on my PC when I first switched, i don't find them to be too hard but that's probably because I play on the highest sensitivity to avoid being 360'd a lot xD

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Rescultir said:
    PC will always be the master race for games, I, myself coming from Xbox One to PC have seen the potential, but wouldn't the community be a bit better if it was a whole instead of being separated? Why have certain things for PC and ignore consoles completely even though what is updated to the PC version will go to the consoles anyway, why single them out and make them feel like their opinion doesn't matter because they are no on a PC version? You would get so much more feedback for your game and PTB's if you expanded and made cross-platforms. Wait times would be shorter since there would be more killers and survivors and there would be little to no "dead game time," is what I call it when the game is completely dead at a certain time of the day. I do not see why the platforms should be separated I would understand if there was some kind of "unique" advantages over other platforms but there really isn't. I also understand that it would probably take more time to make this happen but it would be 100% worth it, in my opinion. Make the community a whole, stop singling the other guys and this will be a better place for all since all opinions matter to people that love their game(s). What do you think? Is there going to be a time for everyone to come together or is it best to leave them where they are and ignore them? Let me know down below!

(The text above is more of a longer, joking...ish version, here is the short version... Cross-Platforms, good or bad and why? Let me know! If you read the above text... I am so sorry, I am just bored and waiting for a download LUL thank you for reading it though <3)

Kryboard can functionally do more and different things. Momentum 360 instead of sharp analog. ANY moonwalk. Much more nurse and billy accuracy. Chat existing. No it probably won’t hapoen.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I would love this personally. I can moonwalk just fine on PS4. I’m just fine with Billy, Nurse is a challenge to control, but it’s not impossible.
  • Jack11803

@SovererignKing said:
    I would love this personally. I can moonwalk just fine on PS4. I’m just fine with Billy, Nurse is a challenge to control, but it’s not impossible.

Moonwalking is moving forward, but being pulled backwards instead, which requires a momentum turn around, and each directional side to be pressed alternatively while accelerating backwards. Impossible on a controller. What you’re doing must be different, or you have a custom controller without analog

• SovererignKing
    Jack11803 said:

@SovererignKing said:

Moonwalking is moving forward, but being pulled backwards instead, which requires a momentum turn around, and each directional side to be pressed alternatively while accelerating backwards. Impossible on a controller. What you’re doing must be different, or you have a custom controller without analog

Always thought it was just walking backwards while looking forward. You just pull back on the left analog stick, you walk backwards while looking forward. I’ve confused many Survivors with that at Pallets or walls that are high enough to not be able to see me, but used my Red Stain to make them think I’m going around through the Pallet, but I’m going around the other way.
  • Jack11803

@SovererignKing

Yeah, it’s more than just walking backwards.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

From the feedback I have from friend that play on the console version people are even more ######### to each other than on pc.
    So I don't know how I feel about being matched with/against them.

• SovererignKing
    Jack11803 said:

@SovererignKing

Yeah, it’s more than just walking backwards.

Ah, my mistake. 
  • SovererignKing

From the feedback I have from friend that play on the console version people are even more ######### to each other than on pc.
    So I don't know how I feel about being matched with/against them.

It’s kind of a give and take. The ######### players are even worse that PC #########, but the nice Survivors are even more nice than PC. At least my opinion.
  • Rescultir

PC DBD gamers are pretty toxic, I use to play on PC now i am on ps4 and it is a lot easier as killer but people still message me because they die xD

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    The servers could use fixing first and foremost; but I think cross platform between consoles would be a relatively good idea due to the fact cue times are strenuously long on console (not to say I’m ignoring PC since I play on there too), but I think that between the two consoles would be great. I’m not all for PC being connected with console, due to the fact that mouse and keyboard makes aiming much easier, and joysticks make 360 much easier as well. Just my opinion, though.
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Xbox and PS4 cross platform would be ok, but I think that if PC players and console players where to play with each other would be a problem. Think of a console killer and a PC survivor, the killer will probably never win

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Sure it is a good idea, as long as they give us the option to choose what inputs we play against or just limiting to go against same input players.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@Runiver said:
    Could be a thing. Tho I doubt it's gonna happen since the server are either steam ones, microsoft ones or sony ones and usually, there is a lot of trouble according these 3.
    Not to mention I'm kinda scared for some console killers, since some killers are really hard to play with a controller compared to with a keyboard and mouse, which could make some match-up (against PC players) to prove difficult at high ranks.

Rocket League proves it's not impossible.
    And xbox has mouse/keyboard available, so if there would be cross play then the devs could have players play only vs other people with same input or give option to choose to play vs controller and/or mouse/keyboard.
    There is a f2p game called "Paladins" that's an fps and they will be adding cross play for pc and xbox and that's exactly how they are doing it.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Yes I cannot wait to spin killers who literally can’t keep up with the movement even with max sensitivity on their controller 😂
  • MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124

Unless they've stopped cheating on PC completely, it would not be a good idea. Too many cheaters on PC. Regardless performance on base consoles would be shite against PC at 60fps.

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    @SovererignKing

I think he meant moonwalking as a survivor. Noob3 does it alot in his vids.