Killers get WAY more Bloodpoints than Survivors

Here's the thing. I can't play killers. Not in an "I suck so I can't play it" Way it literally makes me sick. The first person combined with the narrow field of view makes me motion sick...FAST. So I quite literally can't pay a killer. My only issue with this is that killers get double sometimes triple the points a survivor can nab. This needs balancing. I get that you want to draw people to play killers but triple the points seems a bit absurd.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

More BP per trial because the Killer has to stay until the end of each and every trial, but it should be the same BP per length of time. Your problem is that you're only thinking of the average per trial. If Killers get more per length of time, then we might have a problem.

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

Killers technically have more to do with chasing around 4 survivors, being able to hit, hook, trap, kick boards/generators multiple times. survivors are really limited to gens, unhooking, throwing boards and a few totems/box's. Killers earn their points most of the time through the number of actions they have to perform. Survivors can multiply their points with streamers, envelopes and cakes and come out pretty good, especially on a double point event.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Killer rely on add-ons more than survivors rely on items, killers user up a lot more BP than survivors do, plus, a good game as survivor can almost equal the BP a killer gets, I am not the best killer, sometimes I can play a round where I get 25k bp and the survivors in the game get 15-20k.

It's not impossible to get a decent amount of bloodpoints as survivor.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Ilynna said:
    Here's the thing. I can't play killers. Not in an "I suck so I can't play it" Way it literally makes me sick. The first person combined with the narrow field of view makes me motion sick...FAST. So I quite literally can't pay a killer. My only issue with this is that killers get double sometimes triple the points a survivor can nab. This needs balancing. I get that you want to draw people to play killers but triple the points seems a bit absurd.

A good survivor will easily get as many points as the killer.

You pretty much ahve to die instantly that the killer gets 3x more bp

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

You only get less points per minute if you have to wait for your SWF buddies to die. :P

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The problem isn't the amount of points that can be awarded but the fact survivors rely on one another to accumulate them. Finishing genes without interruption or self care really cut into the point spread. Killers are getting so much because every action is attributed to a sole player.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, let’s focus on Ruin being unreliable and the killer having far too much to deal with at red tier play, first. Then we can come back to this.  Any killer without addons becomes practically crippled by slow action times as well as lack of utility.

We can’t keep up with gen rushing already, no matter how good you are, there’s always a limit to how far skill can get you as a killer.

This is only apparent when you get a game full of reds. You will feel hopeless, anxious, frustrated, and like you wasted so much of your precious time.  

Unfortunately I haven’t even had this game for a month, so I am too addicted to its concept to turn away from it, but this game will not survive on console when November arrives if they don’t get this balancing done soon. Red Dead Redmeption 2 is already expected to heavily dent the sales of other games on console platforms. 

Im afraid this game will be next to totally dead by daylight when RDR2 hits store shelves. 

You PC folks are fine though, shouldn’t impact too much.  
  • MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157

@Ilynna said:
    My only issue with this is that killers get double sometimes triple the points a survivor can nab. This needs balancing. I get that you want to draw people to play killers but triple the points seems a bit absurd.

Since you can't play Killer, yourself, you don't know what playing Killer is like.
    I'll give you the short version: Playing Survivor is like going on a chill vacation in the Bahamas, playing Killer is like this

There needs to be an incentive for playing the 1 role in the 4v1 (especially when 4>1).
    Survivors may not be making as many points as the Killer in most matches, individually, but they have an easier time getting those points.
    The easiest and most common Survivor point gains come from passive things that do not require interaction with the Killer in any way. Repairing a generator, for example, nets about a quarter of your Objective category for passively holding M1 and occasionally hitting a skill check for additional point gain. Healing a teammate in safety while someone else is getting chased, cleansing totems (600 points per dull totem, much much more for an actual Hex) and unless the Killer is nearby - pulling someone off a hook nets 1000 points plus 500 for the safe hook rescue event.

If you actually do interact with the Killer, you get even more points - well over 1000 if you can stun the Killer with a pallet even just once, not to mention the hundreds (if not many, many, many more) you can get from just being slightly out of the Killer's reach for about a minute.

I've had Survivor matches where I did 1-2 gens, rescued about one or two people, healed one person, stunned the Killer once, died promptly... and nearly double-pipped.

Killers, on the other hand, get all of their points from direct interaction with the Survivors. You need to find Survivors, chase them and catch them if you want to get points.
    This involves you going through a gauntlet of loops and frustration, including borderline-bullying from the Survivors.

The Killer is also a lone player, you're a member of a team.

Who do you think has to work harder in this match, for example?