The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

They have done it. Clown power officially helps survivors

13»

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Ok you get a 10% speed bost four times that takes you to gens 1-2 seconds faster? And then you are out of bottles..

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

i like this change ! Clown will now be skill based and with the reload speed buffed you'll actually be able to real fast to protect a gen for example ! Also if i read it well if a survivor goes throught 2 yellow smokes he will go 20% faster right ? So does that means also 20% reduce speed if he goes throught 2 purple smoke ?

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'm pretty happy, not only is it Clown mobility, but also a new way to skillfully use the clown, place the bottles right and with perfect timing and you'll probably help yourself much more than the survivor.

• Theninjajesus
    Theninjajesus Member Posts: 99

If the LCtrl changes which tonic you use, how can you pick the combinations of reloads? If the button that formerly executed reloads has been repurposed, and it just happens automatically when you're at zero, then wouldn't it just reload whatever tonic you're currently using? Why not just give four of each that reload completely during the animation so you can EXPEND them in any order? This seems like a control scheme/UI/logistics nightmare, and that's not even getting into the fact that any speed boost perk a survivor brings gives a benefit 300% higher for the Survivor than the clown could ever muster (and believe me, I checked the numbers twice just to be sure)?

I've got significant questions about your utilization of the data you crunch and the kind of solutions you implement, for whom and when, and if you just engage in the raw utilitarianism of 4 survivors is more than 1 killer, therefore you always need to rush to nerf the killers, and drag your heels on nerfing survivors. If I combed through the data of four years and came to you with a 70/30 killer/survivor power reduction change ratio, would THAT convince you?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

With reloading speed being decreased from 5 to 3 seconds I believe. I'd say it saves a lot more than just 1-2 seconds but I'm not certain.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2021

wrong post sorry edit later

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited January 2021

Called it. It's very easy to understand BE when you've been focusing on their update path for over 4 years. I haven't played the PTB, as they have ingeniously decided to run a blood hunt concurrently with it, and I've taken time away from the game and haven't determined if it's still worth my time playing. Looking over the changes it appears that they sucked a lot of fun his addons. The biggest was solvent, as I expected. Cigar box got an interesting change, not sure I understand why they felt compelled to remove bluriness and expansion area effects though. Would have rather they made this addon to replace middle finger. Bleach remains untouched, which is a good thing. I can't tell how much, if any, pinky's was nerfed. But there is definitely a verbiage change there for some reason.

Thankfully they didn't pounce on all of his addons but it appears the changes were pretty lackluster in the new power.

• Pretty much everyone with experience of Clown agrees this is mostly a pointless change and does little to address the underlying issues with Clown. BHVR is going to ignore all feedback and leave him like this for the rest of the games lifespan.

I wouldn't mind working at BHVR. I bet they get paid a fair whack in salary and you're never held to account for negative customer feedback.

• Because Clown was not a very good or efficient killers with a number of problems and a shorter reload does not fix that. Nobody asked them to change his power entirely, people just wanted something more useful.

Freddy and doctor both got significant improvements. Clown did not.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919

Your 4 bottles are both antidotes and tonics. Like you have 4 bottles period and throwing tonics/antidotes consumes 1 bottle.