What is the purpose of cleaning totems without malefic?

crixus006
crixus006 Member Posts: 383
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

Honestly after the nerf a undying, these totems are not worth cleaning up. If you're going to run ruin with another totem it's better haunted ground than undying. Devour hope with undying ???? Just clear two totems and as an assassin you lose two skills. Main killers will know that it is better to run haunted ground if you want to use devour hope. At least you have 60 valuable seconds, undying will not Good luck in red ranks. Now, The only goal is to make generators again. With undying as a survivor at least I had a secondary task with undying now we must only make generators and if we see a totem off we ignore it But devs have already done it, so We just have to say goodbye a benefit against genrush, 45 seconds pop goes ... It will be our best option again.

Thanks main survs and devs

Post edited by crixus006 on

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I think we're gonna see a surge in NoeD as less totems will be cleansed.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,305

Undying will be good on Trapper with Devour Hope. Now instead of Devour getting cleansed at the start of the match due to it almost always being out in the open, Undying will be cleansed first.

Trapper with Bloody Coil and Devour Hope will be making lots of survivors miserable.

And yes, NOED will make a resurgence as well as the daily "nerf noed" forum posts.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

That's why I'll run NOED, if they didnt want to deal with Ruin+Undying they'll have to deal with Ruin+NOED.

Didnt want to clean 2-3 totems? Now you either clean all of them or you go down.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Unless some main objective value is added to totems in general (dull and hex) they won't see much cleansing. Something that isn't required, but helps in the long run along the lines of "for each totem remaining, generators take 4 extra seconds to repair".

Even with NOED running rampant, it's still a better deal not to cleanse totems. If you go through a match, see 3 dull totems, and later NOED activates you know 3 possible spots. If you cleansed those, NOED needs to be found.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

If survivors don't see Ruin then they might be way less likely to cleanse totems.

So now we're looking at a scenario here: Survivors have to by chance, notice a lit totem- or maybe even notice two. This could scare them into thinking it's Haunted Grounds if they see two lit totems. Or maybe it's Devour Hope Undying.

The other scenario is that they didn't notice the lit totems and they're just focusing on rushing gens which means you'll be able to accumulate Devour Hope stacks. Once you reach 3 tokens survivors are pretty much in huge trouble. It's bad enough having to cleanse 1 Devour Hope totem when the killer can instantly down players but having to cleanse another makes Devour even more of a death sentence imo. It will probably make for scenarios where you just murder the survivors before they can find it and if they do, you can hit them off of it and get more tokens.

Once you can mori people you basically win from there.

You can also still run other slowdown and gen regression along with Undying combos. Pop is really good, Oppression is underrated and almost like a manual Ruin. If you still want to run Ruin be prepared to defend it some instead of letting Undying give it a bunch of second chances for 0 effort.

• crixus006

I have I have a question. Isn't it better to run haunted ground instead of undying? At least it gives you 60 precious seconds, undying what does it give you?

• crixus006

I have a question. Isn't it better to run haunted ground instead of undying? At least it gives you 60 precious seconds, undying what does it give you?

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

You bust totems because NoEd is everpresent.

Undying Ruin took the place of NoEd for now because it was so effective that many killers could run Undying and wouldn't even get to endgame. Now that that's been nerfed people will go back to NoEd as their fallback and it will still be smart to break totems.

Also lots of Nancy mains here who love Inner Strength.

It's pretty clear you haven't been playing Survivor for long if you don't see the threat of NoEd. NoEd wins games against the unprepared. Ruin/NoEd has been the go-to combo for killers for a long time. It's a super strong combo that really puts a ton of pressure on survivors. That should tell you how bad Undying was, because it managed to outdo Ruin/NoEd.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Haunted Ground isn't useful on all killers. It's best on high mobility, non-instadown killers like Spirit. For many killers they can't make the best use of it.

The nerfed Undying is not going to see much play, most likely. There's a reason why it's being nerfed, because the current Ruin/Undying combo is pretty oppressive.

Most likely we will see Undying/Devour Hope gain traction instead. Devour Hope is one of those perks both killers and survivors underestimate, but the players who use it can really put it to devastating effect. When it comes online Survivors tend to panic and nothing gets done and the killer just cleans house. Now imagine that with Undying saving it after it gets busted.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

If a survivors spawns in front of ruin then with undying you still keep ruin, with haunted ground you don’t. Big difference

• crixus006

I am rank 1 as a survivor. I have two points regarding your comment Noed + ruin killer bets on which the survivors will make the 5 generators, that is, bets on loose

Undying + ruin killer bet on pressure Keep survivors away from generators That is, betting to win and it means more fun for both sides. In particular I prefer the difficulty to win easy

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Like everyone else said, running NOED from now on. Don't like it? Do bones

• crixus006

Ok, Killers must bet that all 5 generators will be made. That is, they must bet to lose

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,305

I'd rather run Devour. If you get fortunate with the totems spawn location, and trap it with a bloody coiled trap, it is usually too late when survivors find it.

Haunted grounds is good for someone who can down fast like Spirit, Billy and Nurse.