The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why Does Bloodhunt Bring Out The Worst Of People?

Is it just me or are there more toxic players scurrying about when there is a Bloodhunt?  

I mostly noticed it in Survivors.  For instance, I just completed a match as Leatherface and got destoryed.  It should be noted that I literally just got him so he is only Level 35 but the point is, I patrolled a hooked Survivor to ensure at least one kill that round and some jackass with such an inflated ego tea-bags and proceeds to message me to call me a loser for camping and to get better  This was not even the guy I camped too.

I play on PS4 but is this a natural phenomenon?  It sucks because toxic players just ruin the fun with their inflated egos and immaturity.

Here is another fun story:  I was playing as a Survivor and unhooked a Claudette twice.  Both times she ran away to the direction of the Killer and costed me a de-pip and a hefty loss of points.  I was also running We’ll Make It and the Killer was not near us in both circumstancess.

Comments

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

that is just dbd for you

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    I play on ps4. Turn off messages except friends only, game gets 1000 percent better.
  • Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43

This was my first bloodhunt and yeah, i definitely noticed a rise in ...let's just say: bad manners.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Bloodpoints is currency and currency as people say is the root of all...toxicity.

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    I'm experiencing the opposite. 4 out of 6 games tonight, as killer, I got a GG or great killer! 1 get as survivor got a 'youre a fcking hero'. It's usually nothing but rude nasty comments. I'm shocked!
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    I admit I went pretty try hard to last as long as possible during matches as a Survivor (rip Killer ques). Unfortunately, a Survivor tryharding is way more oppressive than a killer tryharding. I think I've use more insta heals in the last weekend than I've used in months.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Unfortunately events on Dbd usually bring out the toxicity in nauseating levels.

• SwampGas13
    SwampGas13 Member Posts: 7
    Odd, this weekend I played for about 5 million blood points, not one bad message was sent to me. Played 95% killer, mostly spirit. 3-4 Kills every game. Maybe the rank has something to do with it as well? (I was in between 8 and 2)
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Terrortot said:
    I play on ps4. Turn off messages except friends only, game gets 1000 percent better.

You can get around that by sending a friend request with a message on ps4 and the message will flash on the screen with notifications.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Raven24 said:
    This was my first bloodhunt and yeah, i definitely noticed a rise in ...let's just say: bad manners.

DC city

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

@Terrortot said:

You can get around that by sending a friend request with a message on ps4 and the message will flash on the screen with notifications.

I have had 0 messages or friend requests since changing it, fairly certain trying to bypass can get you banned
  • People leave when you put on streamers too :angry: It makes absolutely no sense because they benefit from it too.