If Ruin + Undying is so bad, why do killers use it/care about it being nerfed? 🤔

2»

Comments

• DevineNeil
    DevineNeil Member Posts: 12

What buff did they gave to Killers? Please inform me because if they did then did buffs really mattered? 🤔

• DevineNeil
    DevineNeil Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2021

To be honest.

Undying + Ruin didn’t really bothered me whenever I play as Survivor it’s because I’m either on a gen or find a lit totem or my random teammates or friends would cleanse all totems for Undying and Ruin to deactivate. So to be honest this Undying Nerf is unnecessary to me because these are the only two perks that Killers runs while Survivors run 10 different meta perks.

I just think Survivors should really stop complaining about unnecessary things because these perks can easily be negated by cleanse all totem.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

The only reason it works so well against solos is because of bad plays. A lot of solo queue players have no game sense and make terrible decisions. They don't know where to look for the totems, don't want to run perks that would help them, etc... This does not just apply to totems and Ruin + Undying. Unsafe unhooks, abbandoning gens, hiding when they should run. The solo queue experience is always terrible no matter what perks the killer is using.

Nobody who understand the game say Ruin + Undying is bad. What they say is that good survivors can play around it by cleansing totems efficiently or ignoring it completly. But you don't run into really good survivors that often.

• It's not bad; it's OP and needed a nerf and almost everyone even killer mains understands that.

However they also know enough about the game to see that they probably took it a bit too far; because now it's quite often just going to cost you a perk slot with little benefit.

They nerfed both it's one defense as well as its ability to keep the primary hex up for a long time. The result is going to be a lot of 2 perk killers if they try and use it now.

Most likely everyone is just going to be going back to corrupt and pop; might see some oppression use as well. Undying will probably only be used with like devours maybe; with certain killer builds.

So I doubt it will have any footing in meta anymore at all.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I've played 3 games today with iron will, bond, proove, and wglf. One was a rank 11 slinger with just 1 perk, the other was a rank 2 slinger who didn't leave within 30 meters of whomever was hooked and immediately just went and tunneled the unhooked, and a rank 2 freddy that did the same thing. Game 4 is coming up in about a minute, guess which perks I'll be switching to for game 4.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

If you do the gen ruin doesn't affect it

Magic

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Because the times it isn't trash (in other words, when you got lucky) this perk combo is too good and a lot of killers are relying on good RNG for ruin undying to win them the match.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,235

This bait post was brought to you by the maker of "Killers controlled by the player should be replaced by AI"

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Who said it was trash pretty shure 90%of killer mains agree it is good same way how 95%of is agree that ds unbreakable is a stupid combo that had been around too long

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

I liked how it was harder to get to high ranks. Now it feels like most of the high rank survivors are just brown ranks that play the game a lot.

• justtrynaplay
    justtrynaplay Member Posts: 81

I’m upset about the nerf for 2 reasons

1-it is comparable to do unbreakable and out of the 2 ds,us has been in longer yet ud,ruin got nerfed first

2-Morris have been nerfed before keys this is the second survivor sided update in regards to this specific thing in a short period of time

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Dude I hate playing solo and seeing red ranks worse than me. I think I'm good I could still work on t wall and short wall loops but some people can't loop at all

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

I haven't used ruin/undying or even ruin for quite some time now simply because I know it is frustrating to play against. When it works and stays in the game for a reasonable time, it is almost a guaranteed win every time. But when it doesn't, well, it feels like the most useless perk in the game simply because you did not get any value out of it.

Having said that, I don't care about nerf, I would love ruin to be redesigned to do something completely else to slow down the gen game. It is annoying starting a gen, getting it to a good amount close to finishing, and then the killer comes and deletes all that progress by forcing a chase.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Gotta increase them, Survivor que times.