Your former "must have"-perks that you just stopped using?

Options
2»

Comments

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39
    Options

Spine Chill, because when you stop using it for good, you just understand it's like a drug and can perfectly live without it.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

Save the Best for Last. When it was good of course.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Well I'll always have the biggest must have perk: Dead Hard (unless it gets nerfed). But lately I've been experimenting with no DS and so far it's been pretty good. But my friend uses DS so there's always a guaranteed obsession, which might be why my games have been fine without it.

Mind you, I'm starting to really like Iron Will again. Looks like it'll be Iron Will + DH as the 2 must perks and other 2 can be anything.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389
    Options

Sprint Burst and Vigil

I was like sweet, run everywhere all the time 24/7 but I depended on it too much. Had 0 game sense, heard a heartbeat and became the Flash, wouldn't stay on a gen/just making bad plays

That was a long time ago though, much more aware and can loop these days

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

My survivor build in 2018 was self care, spine chill, those 2 perks were mandatory.

For killer it is still the same, sloppy and bbq on almost every m1 killer.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

Dead Hard. Too much source of frustration laying exhausted on the ground compared to the times I got it to work.

BT. This one I regret removing sometimes, but as I play SQ only, kindred is much more valuable.

Waiting to grow the balls to drop Iron Will, but I hate Spirit too much.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Options

That's the bitchy way. Doing that its a one flight ticket to get camped

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

DS is actually useless if you have Sprint burst. If killer come back to hook, you just run away so fast that killer don't even want to tunnel you anymore.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

When I started playing, I used to run Premonition because I did not understand how Spine Chill works lol.

Then I switched into Spine Chill, and I actually ran it for a long while (like... 5 months? lol) until I stopped doing so because meh. That 6% extra speed is the only thing I miss honestly.

I used to run DS a lot more, too, I haven't completely given it up because sometimes I get shamelessly tunneled three matches in a row and I'm like ######### this and equip it for a lil bit. But most matches I don't run it anymore because most killers who wanna tunnel me will keep doing so no matter the DS, and I'd rather have four perks that I can always rely on if that makes sense.

Other perks I used to run a lot were Bond and Leader. I still do sometimes, but since I'm currently trying to prestige all my survs, I don't always have all the perks I want. Although my current ideal build would be Adrenaline + Dead Hard + Prove Thyself + We'll Make It...

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Sloppy butcher, bloodhound. Good for starting out, terrible for green ranks.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Been trying to ween myself off of Fire Up because it just hands out free wins

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Dead Hard. I swapped to Balanced Landing, and then I just stopped using exhaustion perks overall. Gives me more room for fun builds since I still have my "must have" perk on almost all the time, Adrenaline

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Dead Hard. Once I actually ripped the band aid off and actually learned how to loop without that crutch, I never looked back. Some things aren't as crucial as they seem.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

I stopped using Dead Hard because I always get dedicated.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

I had killers giving up chases near suffocation pit shack just to come back to the mine after i got unhooked. If someone wants to tunnel you he's gonna do it even with tier 1 myers.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    Options
  • DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

Lithe and Spine Chill.

I stopped using Lithe because it's very map specific and half of the time I couldn't find a vault to actually use it during a chase.

I also stopped using Spine Chill because I would get so paranoid every time it lit up, that I would usually end up running into the killer looking for a place to hide. 😂

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

I would say Shadowborn but....

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    Options

I literally couldn't play a killer until i had whispers 3 on them for the longest time

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253
    Options

I find myself running Decisive Strike less and less as a survivor. Even for all it's great uses, offensively and defensively, I feel it's overpowered, but not applicable in every match. I've started running WGLF a lot, because I can get an extra 50-100% extra BP almost every match with it. I tend to be altruistic, and not just with hook saves, but with taking protection hits, especially if someone is getting tunneled.