We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Hud UI Idea (Survivor Icons)

oh_salutations
oh_salutations Member Posts: 212
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The main Issue with the new HUD is how it doesn't match the art style that dead by daylight is known for. What feels off is (for me at least) is the survivor pictures they just look like a Mobile game but a way that they can change the HUD to keep their art style and keep them different from each survivor is to have their Adept Icons

There are a couple of issues with this but each one has a solution

Problem: New player wont recognize them and can get confused

Solution : Have a setting to have the colored pictures that they have in the upcoming PTB

Problem: The icon will be able to change the size which can make the survivors icon too small to recognize

Solution: You can Make them bigger and smaller so making them smaller then complaining that its too small is a pointless argument

I've Made this concept to give you an idea of what I am talking about (and the name will obviously be their usernames)

And Here is the new Hud's Player Icons

Comments

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Actually, when I heard about survivors' icons in the UI, your version is what I was expecting. Then I watched the videos and I have no clue why they'd go the ugly ones they chose.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

We all know the top one is what everyone wants, but they will never do it because they didn't think of it.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

I liked your style. I tought the same as you, to me, the new UI they showed us just looks like a mobile UI, and I had that feeling that it didn't matched the "all grayed" style that the actual UI has.

I don't know why they're changing the position of the elements, but if they need more space in the old HUD, they could just stretch it a little bit and keep the old tone. I hope it comes with a feature to customize the placements of all the elements.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I dunno, I like both. It did feel odd to see those portraits at first, but I've grown to quickly prefer them.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

That woulda been beautiful

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Really wish we would've gotten that HUD instead. Hate the current one, removed the grit and feel of the survivor's conditions.