Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

No Mither buff

tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

No Mither is just a really bad perk, you leave no blood when injured, you can recover from the dying state and your grunts of pain are reduced by 50%, all of that is very cool and all but you are Broken for the rest of the game.

The problem with the perk is that It doesnt give the player anything good enough to compensate for the Broken Status effect. Yes you can recover from dying state but it's too situational and the blood is kind of meh when killers can still hear you...

My idea is to make it so that No Mither makes you Broken for the hole match but It lets you recover from Exhaustion while running. That way you'd be one shot away all the time but a good survivor could compensate with the Exhaustion recovery while running.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Good idea, +1

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

This is actually a good idea.

Although we do need them to remove the injured music.

I'd also take some kind of increased BP earn rate, similar to Distressing for killers (and NOT like BBQ/WGLF which are post trial boosts).

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2021

Tbh No Mither needs to do something entirely different than being able to pick yourself up, as any killer with a brain will know never to slug a No Mither.

I think your idea is pretty good. It’d actually make the perk worth using if you’re good at getting chased, with the downside that you’re a one hit down at all times. Recover from Exhaustion while running, 50% lower grunts of pain and no blood trails.

I would actually run this version of No Mither with my vault build (Resilience/Spine Chill)+ Dead Hard

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

No Mither should start the game healthy, you should become broken when saved from a hook. (That way the broken status effect looks like second wind/deliverance) and when the exit gates are powered you should no longer be broken. This would allow the perk to be hidden initially, giving you an opportunity to use the perk before the killer realizes you have it, and if you get all the generators done, you then lose the status effect allowing you to heal up (after the primary goal is complete) to improve your chances of escaping.

The perk is at heart unchanged, you're a bit stronger at the start of the game and the end, but you're still broken throughout the match. And the core aspects of the perk can be utilized because the killer will not initially realize that you have no mither.

• thesuicidefox
    edited January 2021

The major reason to run NM is to be injured from the start of the game. It's the only way to proc Resil or have Dead Hard available without first being chased by the killer.

Also the Broken sign is there to tell there killer they cannot ever slug you. What this means is that it's harder for the killer to gain pressure on the group if you keep taking hits. For example, EW3 Myers is chasing someone. Right as they swing, Mr. No Mither steps out and sponges the hit. Now Myers is in a catch 22. Either they slug you and continue to chase the healthy guy that is Exposed, giving you a chance to self revive and giving the Exposed guy more distance, or they take your hook right there and waste their EW3. This is one example of this, you can basically do it with any exposed effect really, just have NM and take the hit for the guy. Killer will almost always choose to slug you because it's better to get value from exposed where they get a free down on a healthy guy than to waste the exposed time on the already free down always injured guy. If you can do it at a pallet then they are even less likely to want to pick you up.

EDIT: Also if you wanna do something REALLY fun, run No Mither, Unbreakable, Tenacity and Soul Guard. Have someone save you with BT and then tank a hit. Run to the farthest point on the map and go down, then crawl away and revive to 99. If the killer takes the bait they won't find you and you probably just gave the others a lot of time to do gens. Stay slugged until the killer chases someone, get close, then you stand up in their face as they swing and tank a hit for the guy with SG. Rinse repeat until they decide to chase you or you bleed out. If you get a Legion this is a super fun strat and killers have no idea what to do about it.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Honestly if no mither as it is was invisible to the killer (like unbreakable or soul guard, both of which have no drawbacks), it would be amazing!

Good killers could still guess and calculate they have no mither whilst still giving the perk a use, and removing the insane amount of tunneling it brings because you're always broken!

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Killers can still play around it. You just don't slug anyone until you've hooked them once. And if a survivor has the broken status effect, did they kobe, no then it's not deliverance and are they broken after you hit them and they're on the ground, yes? then it is no mither and you should pick them up.

Survivor perks shouldn't be braindead obvious to counter. If you have any pride in your ability to play killer you wouldn't want a win handed to you.

• thesuicidefox

Yes but there are situations where the killer NEEDS to slug you but can't because you have No Mither. You force them to take your hook, which in the example I provided means you can use NM to sponge hits for other survivors and force the killer to chose to kill you or lose pressure on them. The best time to do this is when that survivor is Exposed. I've done this many times, I guarantee if you know when to do it then the killer will slug you, because taking your hook is literally throwing the game.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Recover from exaustion while running would be too strong in the right hands, but I think that it should have Iron Will included in the perk, no blood and no sound would make it a more viable option

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

honestly I feel like no mithers sound reduction and iron will should be swapped

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Meme perk that gives off 2017 vibes.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

That’s the point of No Mither: forcing the killer to pick you up. It totally screws with a killers plans to snowball by slugging.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

That would be totally troll with dead hard, so I'd love it. You can combine iron will btw to go over the 100% and try and counter stridor, but, I prefer spine chill with no mither for the vault boost along with resilience sometimes. While it is situational on the recovery, on the nights you tend to meet some of the sluggers, it really is a helpful bonus and can Really p*ss them off I bet/hopes.

• tt_ivi_99

Imo being one shot away from a hook is good reason to be able to recover from Exhaustion while running.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

With the new fixated buff, I'm really curious to see how fixated + iron will + no mither would play out.

I do agree that being broken all game, making the killer know you have it, kind defeats the point of being able to get up on your own since they wont slug you

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

High risk, high reward. No Mither is indeed not interesting and does not offer anything new.

I'm not sure if this effect should be added or not with the already existing effects (personally I would remove the Unbreakable effect I guess), but the idea sounds very good to me. It's totally consistent with the spirit of this perk.

• tt_ivi_99

Yh, the idea is to remove the blood, grunts of pain and Unbreakable effects and change it for the Exhaustion recovery while running.

That's high risk high reward.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

That sounds great. Beyond that, it should reduce your grunting to 100% suppression, like iron will. "No mither" literally means "no complaining."

Conceptually, no mither is a challenge perk. These stealth aspects are great, but they are absolutely no compensation for losing a health state. Obviously, the remedy to this is chase benefits. I agree with your exhaustion recovery, but it might need a tiny buff to speed, perhaps by 1/2/3%, in addition to vault and action speed and the such. Whatever strengthens him meaningfully in chase.

• tt_ivi_99

That's the thing, the perk needs chase benefits just like you said, I would keep the 50% reduction on grounts of pain, either that or add a 5% vaulting speed, but that's it, the Exhaustion recovery while running is good enough on it's own.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

I'd like to have a real reason to use No Mither, I love super hard gameplay, and challenge, but currently, taking No Mither is just a suicidal decision. An entire build to make No Mither the stronger possible makes it no viable at all. I'd like to see it reworked, or buffed :)

• Hypn0s
    Hypn0s Member Posts: 16

Recovering from exhaustion while running is a good idea to re-balence No Mither, +1.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Honestly, the only thing no mither needs is the ability to hide the fact they have no mither from the killer, that would actually balance it, and it would match the other pickup perks being invisible whilst still having the injured debuff balanced by the coagulated blood and 50% less moans, along with pickup