The priorities of these devs...

Bard
Bard Member Posts: 657

DS has existed for four years.

It has recieved two reworks in this time, and has been completely overpowered for almost that entire time (with one window of it being almost balanced immediately after its second rework, before they buffed it into absurdity again).

To this day, no sign of nerfs in sight.

Hex: Undying has existed for three months.

• It does nothing on its own, requiring you to dedicate half or more of your build to hex perks to get value out of it.
  • While it is very powerful at its peak (when survivors need to cleanse all the totems), there's a 50% chance it gets found first, causing the perk to be basically worthless.

Like lightning (by the standard these devs set for the pace of balance changes) the devs immediately take a shotgun to the perk's knees.

• The ability for the perk to respawn hexes a few times? GONE. What was previously the "bad luck" worst case scenario is now the ONLY POSSIBLE WAY the perk can play out. I could see limiting the number of respawns so it couldn't literally force survivors to cleanse every totem, but come the ######### on.
  • The ability to defend your hexes with aura reading? GONE. Now you can only use it for random tracking at dull totems, which might be useful, but is so random and unreliable that there's no reason you should run the perk just for that.

Survivors can have multiple S+ tier perks for years and they won't lift a finger.

Killers have one perk that edges into S tier for three months and they pounce on it like rabid dogs on the corpse of a rotting possum.

CLASSIC.

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Btw this was from almo and I quote “I cannot comment on anything that has yet to be announced. We decide as a team what's to be made public, and there has been no public announcement regarding DS.”

This means that it has not been announced yet but they did mention in a stream that DS is getting changed to remove the abusable side of it.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

What streams was this? The last stream I saw was McLean saying that they wish they could do something about the abusive part of DS and he left it at that.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No, they’re not invincible. Just eat all 4 stuns as early as possible and get it over with.

Eat the stun, go pressure someone else. That survivor that just used DS I screwed the next time you catch them out positioned.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

DS isn't this unstoppable force, there are so many way to counter it, including purposely eating the stuns early on! I'm not a very good killer but that's just common sense, or, take a chase without straying too far for a quick re-down and a hit on the healer! DS is not an issue and is not overly powerful, its offensive use is the issue!

On the other side though, the undying nerf wasn't called for, to such a magnitude as well! They could have taken a much better route. It's unfortunate as well because any post explicitly about this on the forums just gets bombarded by entitled survivors who think they are the be all and end all of this game! It's really unfortunate, because of the amount of community resistance (survivors), they wouldn't think about rebalancing undying!

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It's not an unstoppable force on it's own but it's commonly run with certain perks to basically gain invincibility for that minute the timer is active. In that time they basically try to get stuff done while also tormenting the killer.

• Chchchcheryl

even UB DS has its flaws, it only becomes a punishing combo in late game, or at a major tipping point!

This is easily prevented by eating DS early, so UB has no opportunity to be used unless you are slugging everyone

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

You admit that you're not a good killer. This shows because you don't understand the power of DS. Also, "eating it early" is not a counter...

• Chchchcheryl

"admit"

stating that im not amazing just puts people who throw fits about DS to shame

Early game, actively eating Decisive has been a sure fire way to guarantee my late game snowball

I understand the power of DS, its power is its offensive use, it has offensive use because killers are scared of being DSd late game, which could lose a whole match for them. Instead of pissing myself whenever I down someone within a minute of hook late game I know that DS is out the way and I can play like it doesn't exist.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited January 2021

Except you’re basing that on here say.

My killer games improved dramatically when I stopped treating DS (and Unbreakable) as a threat, and instead starting seeing them as something to simply eliminate as fast as possible.

I’m talking from actual experience because this is something I ACTUALLY do. This isn’t theory. I prove to myself time and time again that neither of these survivor perks are very powerful, and that intentionally getting survivors to waste them rather than me playing around them is always the right choice.

All of you scared kitty cat killers can keep whining and complaining about DS all you want. If all of you have convinced yourselves it isn’t possible to eat DS without losing pressure, then you all need to re-evaluate your pressure game.

I’m just gonna keep doing what I do...

With Clown of all Killers....

At red ranks...

Without meta perks...

Eating DS...

Getting my 3k and 4K games.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I'd say Undying/Ruin is on the same level as DS/UB (before the nerf). I think most people know (even popular streamers) that Undying/Ruin was just too much. I think the nerf will make it perfectly balanced. It got what it deserved.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

All of what you said would make sense if this game was strictly played by SWF and there were no solo survivors.

As solo, I get a lot of matches with no obsession (no one running DS, and we all knows how those end up :))

I myself, don't use DS, but I can see why others would, Just now I got out of a tunneling game with a Pyramid Head. Killers WILL tunnel if they know you don't have DS. I agree with it deactivating in lockers, or if you get fully healed, but that is about it.

Solo games against undying + ruin (which is how it was used 99.99% of the time), were really hard. I do not have time to do 5 totems on my own plus gens plus saves. Even at red ranks I get really mediocre team mates who got carried there by their SWF.

Undying + Ruin was unhealthy for solo Q. I know you all like to believe you don't get 4ks every match because of all these SWF 4men squads you go against, but solo survivors exist and right now, we have the most miserable experience in this game. Nerfing undying just made it a little less miserable.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Man, I love how instead of playing around certain perks, like survivors have to do from day 1, people like you prefer to hit the wall instead. This is a true classic.

Stop complaining and learn to build strategy. DS was never a problem.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

lol I love picking myself myself up and finishing a gen or in one case playing with no mither/ds I picked myself up after 99 an exit gate and disarmed the trap, opened the door, then waited to teabag all of which happened after using deliverance on the hook before doing the gate. if you run enough killers off of the game, they will have to make them more fun and appealing to play as long as it's easier than coding AI that acts not brain dead enough to keep swf buying skins. And that would make the game feel fun again for survivors too like when you first started playing and didn't figure out how to mess with people. This dev team or at least it's leads can't handle a game like this unfortunately, the moment some decent competition with enough good marketing and an appealing IP comes along to steal enough players this game is deader than a doorknob.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Feel like your very particular with the way you wrote this lol

They changed Undying because it didn't fit the purpose they set out. Did they nerf it a bit too hard? Yes. However I feel like what they did was a very healthy change.

Perks like Devour Hope, Huntress Lullaby and Third Seal have been massively buffed. They now are more likely to be used because of this change. Also the aura thing makes sense because it just rendered Thrill Of The Hunt pretty much useless.

The worst case scenario was quite annoying but the other way where you had to cleanse 4 totems sometimes to get rid of Ruin was quite dumb. They're correct when they say Hex totems aren't meant to last the whole game.

Can't defend the fact they haven't changed DS yet though.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Uh never make such a statement on these forums.

IF they were equivalent, then the fact that one was there for a few months and already got hit with a nerf (destroying the equilibrium, as you stated it) while the other one was there for YEARS by now and is still untouched, would lead to many more toxic arguments here and further imply a bias from the devs or whatever.

Not that I give anything on either.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Ah Ha! You can't fool me! I knew it alllllll allllong!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

So, you think undying and Third Seal will see play? And if you go against an swf you play with just 2 perks...No, i dont think that combo will see play all that often.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

My personal opinion: Undying lasted longer than I think it should. I've just seen so many killers that didn't really knew how to use their own powers, but were able to do kill a lot, because there is too much value from the combo. You don't need to kick gens, the regress speed is doubled, if there's tinkerer you can buy just so much time, and totems are well hidden in some maps it just gives the killer too much time.

Once I got Undying from Blight, I thought on using it, but I choose not to after facing it again and again as survivor. It's not fun and allows the killer to recover from too makes many mistakes for my taste. Even in the bloodlust off experiment I tried to play the most I could as killer to improve my skills and improve my own gameplay.

I'd rather lose and learn from it, than "win" because I came equipped with a thousand chances card. But that's me.

Besides, if the mmr is going to work, all that data that I'd have performed better than usual from the combo was just gonna hurt me, because once the combo was gone (this was gonna happen sooner or later), the mmr would understand I should face survivors way more experienced than I am able to deal with, and then let's have fun not being able to do a single mistake to get a hook.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Yes, but the same is true for undying + ruin. Early on, you can just do gens, and only in late game, or at a major tipping point you need to deal with them. Also, they are easily dealed with by doing bones.

And yet, they dont get the same threadment.

• Chchchcheryl

I think ruin and undying is fine the way it is (i main survivor im not biased), honestly overall we need to stop complaining.

There are broken combos, we can say something, but saying it over and over just annoys everyone involved

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this is true but what the dev don't think about is if killer main or someone who plays both stops playing killer that 4 survivor who not going to play,it why the wait time are so long and they going to get longer.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Probably won't see it often but it's still more likely now. If you suspect a swf then don't run the combo. It's a buff to a perk that was used less than monstrous shrine.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
  • FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I mean there's definitely 2 schools of thought on this one. There's yours where you just steam roll your way through every defense the Survivors have available to them which... honestly Clown excels at doing that. Then there's what I do, where I essentially get the Survivors to waste so much of their time on things that aren't generators that them having DS up for 60s doesn't matter.

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

Even if you down them immediately after the stun that's still a minute of progress

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

The stream that showed the clown rework sneak peak that we got weeks ago

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

What's your usual rank as killer? Just curious to understand how much time you generally spend on killer. Eating DS is not usually the solution. As someone as mentioned, you lose more time eating DS than just slugging.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Or maybe DS isn't nearly as invincible as people think it is.

Don't get me wrong, it's strong but it has it's counterplays.

Mostly slugging, killers don't slug enough. The fact survivors want to use one of their perk slots to get up once by themself shows how powerfull slugging is.

I rarely get hit by DS. The only time i do is when they jump in a locker. It's strong but not that strong

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Yes, that's why old Ruin existed for multiple years, because the devs only want survivors to have S+ tiers.

Boy this crying about devs only caring about survivors is becoming so embarrasing.

• PUFFCandySmash
    PUFFCandySmash Member Posts: 6

I don't agree with everything, but as a fellow clown main I can say that I'm just so bad that I don't recognize when someone has DS, and half the time I kill them anyway. Green rank going against reds, good matchmaking guys

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

Survivors just need more nerfs in general. Its too bad they don't have any perks (like hexes) that the killer can get rid of. Ds isn't that bad though. A perk that really needs a change is OoO. At least make undetectable a counter to it ffs.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Y'all treating ds like its the end of the world when you run into it. Ds is fine at the moment but keys needs a fix

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    edited January 2021

You just have to accept that the devs do what they want, and what they think is best for the game. If you have been playing a few years, you should be used to this and not surprised at all. Survivor in the hands of a competent player has been the power role the whole time I have been playing, which is since the new year event at the beginning of 2018. Despite them being the power role when a good player plays survivor, they are allowed to have way better, and many more meta perks than killer. They balance for rank 15 players, and in the hands of a rank 15 skilled player, survivor is weak compared to most rank 15 killers.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I wouldn't mind if they reduced the DS timer to 45 seconds and disabled it while in a locker (UB is completely fine). They probably haven't touched DS/UB yet because of how many killers love to tunnel, camp and slug. Nerfing the perk might make a lot of people leave. DS/UB can usually be avoided in my games.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Letting them use DS is not a counter to DS, you literally give them the opportunity on purpose. That's the opposite of a counter. They can also choose to save it if they want.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Don't worry if they keep the ptb locomotion killers will have their 90% killrate again.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

This whole nerf became a thing because survivors didn’t adapt to a powerful perk