Should perks have 3 levels or just 1?

No, In my opinion, perks should only have 1 level, but still keep the same stats as a level 3 perk. Perks should only have to be bought once, with their being almost 90 perks in the game each with 3 levels adds up to 270 times you have to buy a perk in a blood web, and if you recall you only get 2 perks per blood web at level 40+ so it takes a very long time and millions of blood points to buy all perks. Why should we only have to buy perks once you ask, well, it would allow newer players to unlock perks faster and reduce the overall grind in this game, I mean c'mon it takes around 5000 hours to p3, level 50, all perks, every character name another game this grindy, I'll wait. So only having to buy a perk once would allow new players to have more perks faster and also shorten the grind for players that are already committed to the grind. In conclusion, I believe that perks should keep the stats of being level 3 but only need to be purchased once, let me know what you think in replies.

Comments

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    edited January 2021

A lot of people have suggested this, we have no idea what the devs intend. Mostly because they hardly ever tell us anything important regarding changes before they release them into the PTB.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

I feel this would get rid of the grind too much. I also hate having to get a perk 3 times. I think a good compromise would be to only have 2 tiers this way you still have something to grind towards but also have it not be an extremely daunting task.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Would it be more irritating or fun to have to earn the perk levels by utilizing the perk for its cause? For example: damage 25 generators with Pop Goes the Weasel active to earn tier II, and 50 generators for tier III. Just an idea that keeps people playing and using the perks they want to, without offsetting them by the current, horrible grind.

• BleachDBD
    BleachDBD Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2021

I think this would be the perfect middle ground if they decide to change how perks level. And would also add more incentive for people to prestige because as of now it does nothing besides 3 cosmetics and being able to brag about having people prestige 3.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

I personally believe that perks should only have 1 tier, because the grind in this game is already a problems, and making 3 tier perks is just outright annoying and unneeded.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I really like this idea. Honestly it feels like the best of both worlds.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Im fine with 3 tiers. But for the people who just bought the game it's probably way too much. What they could do instead though is this:

There is only tier 1 perks in bloodweb when you start

Each perk can be leveled up to tier 2 and 3 by using it in the game and completing a few perk related challenges.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

I agree, it gets super frustrating especially when you are trying to get a specific perk with a character and it just wont come out, and when it does you have to basically get it 3 times and it take s multiple Bloodwebs to level it up...

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

1 level

I would settle for 2 right now.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Getting rid of the perk tiers sounds good to me. Even with this though, the grind will still be insane because there are a lot of useless things to buy in the bloodweb.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

Yeah it is actually so dumb how many blood points you have to invest into every killer to get a build you want with them. It should be max 2 ranks.. you wouldnt even have to change any values. I cannot believe they haven't done something by now. I can invest in like 65+ levels into a killer and still not find the perk i want.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

It should have four levels at Prestige Five.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,029

Just a thought, for all perks currently on both sides you need to do around 300 bloodwebs per character, and that doesnt count unlocking teachables

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

It would make much more sense to have one version of each perk instead of 3. Less development time, fewer bugs, and more room for better simple perks without having the tiers look like 60/120/infinite.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

The devs said they would change it but then realized it would make the game better so they just started nerfing killer to make both sides less fun

Very good game direction

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

No, that will never happen. New players without teachable perks would be able to get about 16 ish bloodwebs with perks in them before being locked into 30+ bloodwebs of absolutely nothing in regards to perks. The perk tier system actually encourages levelling up your character multiple times, which as a side gives you addons too.

If this change was made, you'd suddenly see people complaining that they never have any add-ons.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

I think they should be focusing on the content in the bloodweb the perks are a bit of distraction and they shouldn't be the main focus honestly. There's an insane amount of time commitment to get to a full game experience. I mean think about it hypothetically if someone were to purchase this game and all characters along with it how long would it take to get all perks on one character.