Opinion on Prove Thyself

Prove Thyself is an awesome perk for me, as I am always working with someone else to get the generators done. I was wondering if anyone else uses it, as it is a perk I have on every survivor. If you use it, how do you like it? If you don't, what is your opinion on it?

Comments

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

Whenever I use it, it seems like I'm affected by the Plague, puking and all. People doesn't seem to want to do gens with me hahahaha. And I main Dwight.

So I usually don't bring it. But I like if someone does bring it, though. I try to get as much done with them. Usually I try to run different builds. Yesterday I was running rescuing and healing perks and it helped, because for me it was facecamp/slugfest day.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

I use it but I think its broken. Dont know the numbers, but every time im with someone on a gen i feel bad for the killer. It just goes so fast

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

As a killer main, it is my 3rd least favorite Survivor perk to go against behind Adrenaline and Object of Obsession. Yes... I'd rather face DS, UB, BT, and DH over Prove Thyself. Those first 3 can be played around by just not playing scummy and Dead Hard somewhat frequently results in nothing because the Survivors got caught in literally the middle of nowhere.

Prove Thyself turns one of your Survivors into significantly more of a threat than your other 3 and you have zero clue that its in the game other than maybe a vague sense that the Generators are going too fast. Even if you do realize its probably in the game... well at that point it is probably too late to try to counter it AND you probably don't know which survivor has it, so countering it on purpose is almost impossible.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I constantly run it as Survivor. I use it mostly because it helps encourage randos and some of my newer friends to sit on motors with me instead of hiding for the increase gen speed, and it gives me the bonus of tons of extra BP. (Also, it's great for helping break up a nasty 3 gen if our last person keeps the killer distracted.)

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I doesn't make much of a difference when there's 2 people on a gen. With 2 people it reduces about 6 seconds you'd take without it.

But it gets nasty with 3 and 4 people, I guess it reduces up to 9-12 seconds with 3/4 people. That's a lot considering how fast 3/4 people can do a gen. It's a good counter to ruin or pop.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Throw in BNP with Toolboxes and all 4 on a gen? I've seen a gen go as fast as 25 seconds after a match starts. It can be pretty crazy when it works well

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Its part of my main build and I love it. 6-9 seconds can make all the difference in the world to winning a match. Plus the extra BP is nice.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

What does this have to do with Prove Thyself?

@Topic:

Not a fan of this Perk, IMO overrated. And I always get the feeling that people who seriously complain about it, dont understand what it actually does.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

It's way stronger than people give it credit for, honestly I consider it one of the problematic perks but people are to busy running second chance perks to realize how stupidly powerful this perk is and how it makes getting gens done so easy.

• Weeznit
    Weeznit Member Posts: 21

You're forgetting something... noone does gens lol. Guaruntee people who run all second chance perks are going to do 1 or less gens.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I use it when I want to farm BP because I'm almost done with a P3. But not a fan. I appreciate it when someone runs it, tho.