Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Keys are impossible

crowbarman
crowbarman Member Posts: 499
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Yes, another key thread.

I try to tunnel out survivors with the key, but in this case someone else just picked it up after I killed one. Much later in the match I was chasing the one who had it, who hatched out and started end game collapse.

With multiple survivors left at end game collapse, it's almost a garanteed loss.

The survivor messages at the end telling me how I sucked made me feel better, though. One survivor played on PC but had an Xbox account as the ready to send messages. You could tell he'd done this before.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I always think to tunnel a key holder is not very effective. In my experiencie it turns out they do 4 gens while you're tunneling and take the key and go anyway. If you don't tunnel, the game has to be played normally till at least the first death and you can put more pressure if they don't manage to do at least 3 gens when there's 2 of them left, defeating much of the purpose of the key for multiple escapes.

And if they manage to get the 5 gens before I can kill anyone... well, then the key was unnecessary in the match anyway

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

In this case they only had 2 done at the time I killed them.

My frustration is that the end game collapse essentially made it the same as if all 3 had hatched out.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

I saw a video recently where the killer countered it by slugging everyone. That way there is no way for them to escape with the key.

Keys negatively impact the survivors that don't escape with the key. Had that happen to me before, and I was left alone with the killer. 3 v 1 suddenly went to a 1 v 1. Frustrating as hell.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

the more they run killers off of the game, the sooner the devs will start giving stuff back to you rather than only taking them away from you, so they're doing God's work. No offense intended. I'd take a break until things get better or just play survivor mostly for a while since it makes more of an impact the more not only remove themselves from queue as killers but add more survivors onto their queue. Consider it a method of peaceful protesting

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74

Keys are fine, get gud.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

"here I come I am franklin's demise"

• Doing_gens_wbu
    Doing_gens_wbu Member Posts: 61
  • Doing_gens_wbu
    Doing_gens_wbu Member Posts: 61

That's true, but you'd have to watch that thing like a hawk and make sure it disappears. Otherwise people will pick it up. Seen some funny vids where everyone dies because they tried to retrieve it.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Keys aren't impossible, but they sure aren't making the game easier.

What I usually do is TRY and tunnel the key holder, tunneling is usually a good but scummy trick, but key teams deserve it (Esp with hatch/map offerings).

The key holder usually is the best looper, but that doesn't mean the other guys are good at looping too. Tunneling anyone fast out of the game keeps ALOT of pressure, so be a scumbag at 5 gens, tunnel the ######### out of them, they'll try and take hits but that's 1 person less on gens.

Though tunneling is a good strat, scummy sure, it also can make you waste time on people that don't do gens, so you might come into a situation where you tunnel to 2 gens, and now they only need 1 gen to open hatch, so try and keep patrolling gens, give out some hits and then tunnel, the game isn't that easy haha.

• Hex_UrbanEvasion
    Hex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200

People have some wild experiences with keys that I've never seen while actually playing, but genuinely, it feels like keys are just as bad for non-key survivors, particularly solo players who end up getting punished for being on a team with a keyholder, as they are for killers. I'm not exaggerating. If you're solo queue and you have a teammate with a key, they can't tell you what their plans are. Maybe they're grouped with someone else who's in on it, but you have no idea. They have a key and are obviously SWF? The killer is gonna have an eye on them from the start. Some, though, assume everyone is in on it and drill you into the ground just for being on the team. Even if you don't have the key, it's not hard for a killer to tunnel one person, kill them before the rest hit three gens, then the same with another one. I'm always tempted to tap out of lobbies where someone has a key, but queues are long and I try to just accept that I don't know what the match will hold, so bailing is unnecessary.

Truthfully though, in a normal match outside of high red ranks, I've never seen a key work like I've seen them in streams.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The thing is, in most cases you see a key, you know its not a 3 or 4 swf, usually. Because for 4 people, you need to do everything else anyway.

At the moment, i bring a key every match, because i got over 250 of them, and soon they might be useless. (i used a mori every game as killer for months, since it was announced they were looking at them), but then, i am a solo survivor.

In the worst case, you tunnel out the solo survivor while the 3 man swf just finish gens and escape with the key of the solo guy.

And moris were something completly different, a key helps some survivor escape a game they already lost. The killer won, same way as if they all were slugged and bleed out. A key is a backup plan, but never makes the difference between a win or a loss. In a game you win, you dont need the key. In a game you lost, you might escape, but lost anyway.

A mori, however, is the item that often won the game in the first place, and is a completly different powerlevel. I am still not clear if i like the mori change. On one hand, they were op as hell, and needed a nerf. On the other hand, it was needed to handle good swf, since it helped to negate their advantage.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    1. Franklin's Demise
    2. Don't let them get enough generators done
    3. Don't sweat it if you don't get a 4k