Bring back the ability to switch killers in pre-game lobbies

I'm 100% certain that I'm not the only player that wants the feature back. My reasoning for wanting it back may be different from others, but that doesn't take away from the point of this idea. It's really annoying having to back out a lobby to switch killers and sit through queue again. I see a group of survivors I want to play, but not with the killer I have equipped, so I either back out the lobby and lose the chance to play against those survivors, or I play them with the killer I have equipped and get made a fool of because it's not the killer I want to play against them with. I just had an experience where I went against a 2 stack swf (both had DS, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, Soul Guard, one key and one toolbox or flashlight, they both also used Coldwind offerings) and I was playing Bubba (still fairly new with him), I knew it was a swf and wanted to play them, but I knew I wouldn't see them if I backed out the lobby to switch killers. If I was playing any of the killers I actually play with, (such as Billy, Nurse, or Hag) then the game would've been a different story. They got out, tbagged, and were being highly toxic in endgame chat, and all of that could've been avoided if I had the ability to switch killers like back then. Feel free to leave a comment on your thoughts about this and if it would be a good fix or not. Also, REMOVE MAP OFFERINGS, either remove them for survivor completely (except Sacrificial Ward) or remove them from the game completely, the fact that one side can choose what map they go to against the other side is completely ridiculous, add a swf on top of that and you might as well dc, but that's just my thoughts.

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,775

The killer lock in lobby is due to MMR, whenever it returns, so I doubt it is gunna be reverted. Issues with map offerings i would say more indicate imbalances on several of them rather than the offerings.

As far as removing map offerings altogether that would render some killer builds pretty much useless, like trying Spoopy Myers outside.

• DivineMonkeyKing
    DivineMonkeyKing Member Posts: 19

I see your point with the build + map synergy builds, but I genuinely believe that map offerings for survivors should be disabled in a swf of any capacity, therefore still giving the killer a chance instead of just wasting their time. The MMR system on the other hand is absolutely stupid, the purpose of it was so that you get skilled/unskilled survivors based off of your killer, but if anything, the MMR system proved how stupid it because survivor skill is almost universal regardless of the killer, there's no way a survivor can be godlike against one killer and absolutely cheeks against another, so they need to remove it altogether and make it like the old DBD, where the only times you get survivors of differing skill is when it comes to ranks instead of "killer familiarity".

• DivineMonkeyKing
    DivineMonkeyKing Member Posts: 19

Definitely an interesting take, I thought of that before, but it's just gonna get played around by survivors bringing in meta perks while the killer still can't change their own character, although it would be equal that neither can change once in lobby