It takes too long to find a match being surv

It really takes too long now to find a match and even more so at night, I don't have time to spend 24 hours playing, and when I do I'm just playing lobby simulator.

Hey devs, can't you put a fast match option, or excite the people who play killer? because I see that there are few people who play killer

Comments

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

This is fast match....sort of. The Matchmaker searches for matches close to your rank and then widens the search until it finds a group. That's why some matches are so unbalanced. Unfortunately, there's not much it can do about making up for a lack of players on one side. It used to be the other way around, with killers having the longer queue times, but things have changed.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Queues at 5am are instant, but from literally 4pm-4am (a 12 hour window) on EST time zone it takes too long to find a match to the point where I'll close the game and play something else

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited January 2021

Survivors and the balance to them have sucked all enjoyment of playing as a killer. As long as BE continues the trend of not fixing the game and letting the balancing issues continue your queue times are going to get longer and longer until survivor players start quitting as well.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

You could play Killer. It's fun as long as you're ok with losing. You might even learn a few things that make you better at survivor.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

It's almost certainly due to the lack of killer players in comparison to survivors. Ideally at all times the ratio of killer players to survivor players should be 1:4, while realistically it's more than likely something like 1:15 if I were to guess. When it's day and everyone's online, there are enough players on both sides to make up for it, but around night when most log off, the lacking number of killers will lead to considerably longer survivor queue times.

Only way to fix it really is to:

1) Captivate killer side somehow

2) Completely break the already flawed matchmaking system

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Why won't you play killer and help to solve the problem?

• Zozzy

Err.. people log on during the afternoon/night while everyone is out doing life things in the day. You got it the wrong way around bud.

• Zozzy

Sound use to be so clear before they nerfed it all for the rank 20 babies :( Can't have killers hear anything can we?

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Killer lobby is within 2 minutes and survivor is about 5-7 mins so not terrible

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Probably should have worded it better, by day I mean ranging from morning to afternoons, night being dark to morning.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

If you find the que long as survivor you can change to killer and bam instamatch

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Because i'm not always in the mood for killer, right now I don't even have a computer desk so I sit on my bed with a controller and play Survivor.

• Jukantos
    Jukantos Member Posts: 114

Because playing killer in high MMR is that goddamn miserable that can barely force myself to do it for the daily match (for the 300 battlepass exp). Stomping every non-SWF that doesn't stack 4 Dead Hards while getting teabagged on by every optimized squad just isn't fun. Having my evening taken hostage for 30 minutes per match by teams that have to prove to me they know how to loop every pallet on the map while leaving the last gen 99%ed JUST so i cannot open the door is not fun. I do not want to play it. I actively want to avoid that toxic garbage as much as i possibly can without getting massively penalized on the battlepass.

I'm at a point where i PAID MONEY last season to not have to do the killer challenges - and that's as someone who played more killer than survivor in 2020. It really has gotten that bad.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Bruh that's so true, I had 1 hour to play games before I go to work and I got to play 2 games because queue times were 69 million years

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

It's a time of day issue as well as more people play survivor than killer.

On east coast, I can get red rank survivor games typically in less than 2 minutes all day until about 7 pm. The rest of the night it takes over to 10 minutes.

Meanwhile I can get 1 minute red rank killer queues all day regardless of time.

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182

Maybe if the dev made it more easy and added thing to the basekit of killer it would be better.

Reminder that the only f2p regression perk is NoED.

The best f2p killer perk are on the nurse, not the killer you want to level up or play when you start. on the alternative, you can go get tinkerer on billy.

The game is heavily stacked against the killer when a match begins survivor got all their perk up, no one injured all pallets are up. few room for mistakes.

Survivors on the other side get EGC and hatch to skip all their objectives if they are the last ones alive. Not exactly stacked against them.

KIller can bring a single offering while survivor can bring 4. you can be send to hadonfield with the choice of where the hatch spawn with a guaranteed chance to keep their 4 BNP purple toolbox. But it ok since killer can use a purple offering to remove 2 chest right?

Starting as a new killer player is extremely frustrating and the game ain't easy on you compared to the survivor side, that why Queu are long. Im not saying game is extremely survivor sided. I'm just saying the game make it hard to convince someone to play killer

• VispeR
    VispeR Member Posts: 39

it take long time because in ur region don't have many players + most of them play surv, we need more killers!

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

You've been playing since 2017 and think dbd is killer sided? Have you been stuck in the grey ranks?

Playing killer is stressfull. Everyone knows that decent survivors can toy with the killer unless they are good nurses, spirits or blights. Try playing some offmeta killers in high ranks.

Get real, troll

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Evening killer isn't worth dealing with sweat squads and no incentives give us more bloodpoint or iridescent shards and I will gladly play killer in the evening again

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

This game is BHVR-sided. Let's get 'em.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

God I just queued up with 2 ppl and have been waiting over 20 minutes now. Maybe I should just go back to killer.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

Over 30 minutes now. Guess I'll just give up for tonight.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

They could heavily buff killer. But that would create more problems with solo queue.

• CoalTower

Leatherface is a perfect example of a balanced killer. I don't understand what you mean by this.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Its quicker 100% but depends on day. Sometimes almost instant at most 2 minutes. But definitely towards the former with most queue times 30-45s range

• Zozzy

Well now you know why survivor q sucks and that there is no solution. It is only going to get worse until the game dies.

• CoalTower

Yeah. At night anyways. The queue times switch in the morning where I live. So essentially, once the clock hits somewhere around 5 survivors have short queues, while killers have long ones.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Console player who plays around 11-1 GMT, I have survivor waiting times of about 5 minutes. Not great, but its better than is was a year or so ago. Can't make a cup of tea between games without fear of the crows 😅

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,215

There is a fast match option. It's called Playing Killer.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

Here is a tip. If there is higher survivor traffic play as killer. the reason why you should play as killer is because it's easier to be in some survivor matches and it can be fun at times.