Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Flashlight stunned while facing the opposite direction? How to avoid the stun?

KDawg
KDawg Member Posts: 29

I just played a game where I was flashlight stunned (they made me drop the survivor I was holding) but I had attempted to spin to avoid it and when I could see, I had spun to face a wall.

How does the flashlight stun work that they didn't need me to be facing them to finish it and how can I avoid them (e.g. face camera down quickly? up? Is there no way?)

Best Answer

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓

It's up to the survivor to time it. I believe it's an interaction that's calculated by the survivors client. Much like hits are calculated by killers client.

Once you pickup the survivor, you're now animation locked. Therefore, it's up to the survivor if they're going to get the flashlight save or not. If the survivor has mistimed it or couldn't make it in time then flick your mouse up. You cannot be blinded looking up on level terrain. Only exception is on stairs with the survivor on the high ground (Obi-Wan breathing intensifies).

EDIT: To directly answer: It is impossible to dodge it if the survivor has timed it correctly. Best course of action is to always flick up almost like in cricket if you are likely going to be caught, dont stop running. Hope this helps.

Answers

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

light born

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

There's usually a bit of latency between the time on which the beam is on you and its visible effects manifest. EG, if you shine a flashlight on a killer's face for 1.5 seconds, it takes a fraction of a second before the blind effect occurs, but the blind will last for 1.5 seconds.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

Spinning to avoid the beam once the animation has started is also not a wise idea as it will take time for you to be fully out of the beam - it's best to look up or down quickly. But normally by the time you've noticed the survivor is attempting to flashlight you, it's often too late. Pick up looking against a wall/object if you're not sure a survivor is around or run Lightborn.