What is the scariest thing that has happened to you in real life?

Options
QwQw
QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

For me it would have to be this.

Once when I was little, me, my mom, my sister, and some of their friends were all having a bondfire in our backyard. As we were sitting there, we all decided to take a group photo.

The very eerie thing about this though, was that in the photo, right behind my moms head, was a giant glowing orb. Like, when I say "giant" I mean it, it was almost the size of her head. No one had seen anything while the photo was being taken.

The thing that makes this especially creepy though, was that this bondfire was taking place only a couple of months after my father had passed away.

After all these years, I'm pretty sure my family lost the picture, but I still remember that event like was yesterday.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

The most terrifying thing for me, was when I was 11 years old, I was with my friends between 10 and 12 in the field, walking through an hectare as if it were a whole county, while our parents were having dinner and playing board games or challenges , typical adult party, well, me and my friends went through a fence, in the direction of a forest, we spent hours walking until it got dark, suddenly while walking we heard the sound of a chainsaw and the noise was getting closer and more until we ran desperately for our lives, thinking that he was a maniacal peasant, but he was not, he was my grandfather's neighbor, he recognized us later because once we saw him with my grandfather in town, well, after we I took them to my country house and they punished us for a long time. I will never forget that sinister adventure.

• charliebrown9061
    charliebrown9061 Member Posts: 73
    Options

:*

• charliebrown9061
    edited January 2021
    Options

There was an skinny old lady she was homeless and always stayed at siegburg centralstation. She always carried large black binbags. I've seen her many years couching at the seats. In winter she weared this russian beanie, a schapka.

Then i didn't passed the central station a long time. Next time i came around there i saw her again. She was sitting on a bench next to the stairs, i used to take to get down from the platform. Her eyes was swollen as tall as a table tennis ball. Then i saw that there was little black flys around her head. They flew inside and out of the beanie like in a wasps' nest. They was everywhere, at her ears and in her hair. It was clear i had to call the emergency. But i was lucky she was already noticed from a security worker. He told me the emergency was yet to come.

I've never heard her saying something until that day. After that i saw her walking around the central.

Post edited by charliebrown9061 on
  • horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651
    Options

i went to sleep and woke up again

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

My stepfather tried to murder me with a shotgun. And when I tried, I mean he actually pulled the trigger.

He got off with the cops by spinning a bullshit story it was an "accident" and then he ratted out several of his pot dealers.

• charliebrown9061
    edited January 2021
    Options

Deleted but why?

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

It's not scary-scary, but I think back on two things from my childhood:

My mom brought me to the basement of our apartment building to do laundry and I was in the elevator, but the doors closed when she stepped out and I went all the way to the 18th or 20th floor all by myself when I was about 3 or 4. An old man got in and yelled, "Where's your mother!" Before pressing the lobby button. I think about it a lot, it freaked me tf out dude!

Another instance was when I was 17 and using a board to talk to spirits with some friends. I made a joke about boobs and the planchette flew to 'goodbye' and her phone rang at the exact same moment. I don't mess with that anymore bruh I'm good

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited January 2021
    Options

One scary moment off the top of my head was a long time ago when I was at school on my lunch break in the cafeteria and all of a sudden I look out the glass and see just about everyone on campus running as fast as they can to get indoors. Literal people were being stepped on because of how desperate these people were.

Nobody in the cafeteria including myself knows what's going on until someone comes over the intercom and instructs us to put the tables on the ground and hide behind them as a "barricade" because a school shooter may be on campus & they were going to investigate the situation.

After staying like that for a few minutes and seeing a bunch of panic on Instagram stories, turns out it was firecrackers in the boys locker room and word got around fast that it sounded like gunshots. How fun.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311
    Options

A woman once tried to abduct me in a department store when I was maybe 8. She got caught, and claimed she thought I was someone else. Everyone kind of laughed it off, but that could have been really bad.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Years ago, I had 2 jobs - overnight delivery, and then spot delivery for multiple paper routes (delivering for missed paper complaints) until mid-morning. This was so I could go to college in the daytime.

Sleep was rare and precious, and I’d grab a quick nap wherever I could.

One morning I dozed off at the wheel for about 2 seconds. Just enough to cross the yellow lines into the lane of an oncoming Mack truck! I still hear that blaring horn to this day. I jerked back into my lane just fine, but something tells me that in some alternate universe I wasn’t so lucky.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    Options

Happened like 15 yeas ago, I was on walkies with my dog. He was a Newfoundland/Irish Red Setter mix, comeplety black, long fur, 75 cm shoulder height and 65kg.

We were walking some natural road far away from everything, he was in the bushes, sniffing around when suddenly some dude came up behind me. I have no clue where he came from but he didn't knew my dog was around yet cause he was still a lil bit off in the bushes. When the guy nearly reached me, my dog came running out of the bushes, growling and barking. Never saw someone turn around and leave so fast HAHAHA

I have to say he was the most chill and lovliest dog ever so I am still pretty sure that guy was up to something. He was such a good boy and I still miss him a lot.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

One word: Doctors

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,159
    Options

A couple of years ago, I went to bring one of my dogs in, and found her growling at something. She's normally this playful, happy dog, but her hackles were raised and it was NOT a friendly, playful growl. There was something nearby that she did not want around.

Then I heard something growl back and scamper off. Needless to say, I didn't put my other dog out for a few hours.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

That reminds me I’d a story that was more creepy than scary. I had a playful corgi pup. She acted as you’d expect, except for that wall! Fairly often I’d walk down the hallway and she’d be sitting there looking up at this one particular wall, growling at it. Not a friendly growl either, she meant business!

There’s a long mirror on that wall, but it’s at head/shoulder height for people. No way this lil pup could see anything in it! And she didn’t look directly at the mirror either, just near it, like at its frame.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

My areas gang war had me almost killed by a gunshot less than a meter from my head the bullet went straight through my window when I was playing GTA V online lol. Also I was robbed once in the night playing pokemon go by three guys, one held a gun to my head.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Being robbed at gun point multiple times.

Having to sleep in my crappy car because I had no where to go at the time.

I also lived in a third world country and experience missiles being launched at the hill across from my home and people shooting their guns in our back yard. Having to walk by tanks when going to school or buying groceries was also scary.