176 tier perks and still haven't found tier 1 of the perk I need.

Negi
Negi Member Posts: 378

This might have worked back in 2017 and 2018 when the pool wasn't oversaturated with perks but it's 2021 now. You expect players to do this for every character they want to play and pray for better RNG from this pseudo lootbox style system? It needs an overhaul because this is ridiculous.

Shoutout to Shrine of Secrets for still only having 4 spots in 2021.

Comments

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

To be fair you can't expect every system to be completely reworked to make it easier on new players/people who don't have time, what about everyone that did grind for those perks or played long enough to get their perk in the shrine? They would feel forked over

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,180
    edited January 2021

I just got my Meg to 50 again and it took me 56+ blood webs to get the first tier of Breakout.

Bloodweb system needs an overhaul.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,201

Assuming Killer perks.

There's actually 234 tiers.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,711
    edited January 2021

Remove Perk Tiers - All perks now have their Tier 3 effects by default

Each Bloodweb randomly awards 1 perk upon completion

Each Prestige Level adds +1 to the amount of perks awarded to lessen the grind for a character you've already leveled

(Dunno if this would be too crazy, but maybe have Pink Items/Offerings/Add-Ons replace the perk locations in bloodwebs and function the same way in terms of Entity consumption)

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

I don't even have 500h and I have every killer except 2 at prestige 2, 1 at p3, maxed out survivors have 6 still locked, 1 at p3 1 at p1... At lvl 50 u get 4 perks to choose from... Not that hard to get perks u want, u dont have to prestige, I do it cause of my OCD, you can just get all perks at lvl 50 no prestige, it's random so if u see perks u don't like don't get it! Otherwise chances to see that perk in t2 increase alot

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited January 2021

Uh... no. I have every survivor except Quentin. That is 83 perks. You’re not going to get all of those by level 50. It’s mathematically impossible. I wanted self care on my Eloise and wasn’t getting it so I became stubborn and actively worked towards it. It was the 77th out of 83 to appear on the web, and because of the way in which they are offered I was easily above level 100 at that point. If your way works for you, then it is only because you haven’t gotten around to unlocking any characters other than the base ones.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

According to steam I have 881 hours in DBD I have 1 P3 survivor with all perks, another survivor with all survivor perks but on killer side I only have Hag & Spirit with 'close' to all perks. (neither prestiged). Other killers aren't even close, and my other survivors are lvl 30-40ish.

How did you prestige all your killers twice and get all the perks on them??

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

blood point offerings, blood point events, lots of different ways to do this.

well someone wants to be given something for nothing. here's how you get perks you want quickly: start and go towards a perk you want immediately and let the entity take 1/2 the blood web. and keep going that way till you have them, it'll be faster and use less blood points. oh don't prestige, you don't need the outfits. you complain about not having enough time and how much of a grind it is... here let's change it up instead of random perks you'll be given perks that are offered by ascending alphabetical order TILL you get tier 3 on each. no just do it and get it over with, i'm tired of hearing this complaint as it is unfounded and baseless.

• Negi

You've been conditioned into accepting the mediocrity of the bloodweb. Only in this community can you find people who will accept and defend the MMO levels of hours the devs expect from their players.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Never said I got all perks, was just prestiging all since there is a boost to better add ons and offerings .. used offerings and Bbq n chilli with killers during 2x event for Halloween and finished every challenge which character I had except around half survivor challenges still left, and not counting bugged challenges such as hook 5 in basement, doesn't even say in 1 game but doesn't work even for 12 hooks

Alot of players spent too much time, if they do something they should definitely compensate the players that were forced to grind, I'm probably gonna quit for a long time I dunno, not that pissed at the game(still mad at devs) but all my friends r quitting, game is too grindy but u don't need to grind to play, one of my friends barely ever played and he has 2 maxed out characters, claudette and francis not prestiges of course

• The grind as a whole has gotten a bit much. The game is so saturated with perks now, many still not viable enough to justify use, to really keep things the way they are.

I don't think more BP is the way to go because I don't want to just....flood the games with a near endless supply of rare items; but something should be done with perks specifically.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Eh, I have all perks on all killers and like 6 survs, I'd rather they just made the system better for everyone - Like this survey we just had - 'would you recommend Dead by Daylight' - I actually can't solely because the new player experience is so god awful, no other thing prevents me from doing so than the fact you have to dump several hundred hours & buy numerous DLC just to be in a good position

• Freki

i've been conditioned to enjoy myself when i play a game. I enjoy trying to outwit the AI trying to get what I want to have. Also in this community and many others so many people complain about what they don't have and want more just given to them. it's 2021, lets actually play the game, follow the rules, accept the rules and stop being jackasses to those that like to do this. i have played games long before you probably were born. I have played games long before the internet. I had to accept the rules set down by the games designers for a great many years. I do not suffer people like you either because I've seen so many people just want the game given to them instead of actually doing it as is. if you don't like it then find something else you like and go to it. I like the game in general and i find no issue with how it is done to give the items, perks and offerings what so ever.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

He said he misses 6 killers and he has the others on P2, but he didn't say he has all perks on them.

You can only get 2 lvl x perks per bloodweb at level 50+. The best way to get the best perks is just don't unlock the bad ones at all or buy killers, that only got bad or mediocre ones.

I played 1000 hours and do not prestige at all. But i am far from having all perks on every killer. It takes long enough for the killers you actually want to play.

• Negi

Nothing I'm complaining about has to do with how the game is played. It's about the randomness of acquiring your builds and the excessive amount of grind. You can choose to pretend that everything is perfect but don't get mad at me because I choose not to. I'm not telling you how to play, so kindly get off my nuts about the jackass talk.

As for the rest, nice flex?

• Freki

1) I don't pretend that everything is perfect.

2) I don't believe everything is perfect.

3) you are wanting to be given things without really having to do much.

4) Why don't you design a game, code it and show these devs how it is done since you know how it is supposed to be.

5) what happens once you have all the perks on all the characters? I'll tell you what, you get to the point you feel the game is worthless till the next DLC which you snatch up no matter how broken it is, and you then spend the points to get all the perks again oh wait by then you will expect that you should just start with every perk instead of having to get them. you can't be arsed to play differently because in real life you don't get everything you assume you have to get everything in a fantasy video game.

This is why I shake my head at your opinion, your ideas make me want to quit if they take them.

• Negi
    edited January 2021

Whenever I see someone try to use point 4 as an argument I just can't take them seriously anymore. We don't see eye to eye that's okay. But when you try to make it out to be something else instead of just admitting that the reason you don't like the idea is that you can't find purpose without grind, that's what it really boils down to for you. You're straight clowning trying to turn that perspective into saying I want everything handed out.

Post edited by Negi on