Killers under the D&D alignment chart

Options
B13ghtcrow
B13ghtcrow Member Posts: 27

Shout out to all you D&D fans out there!

If each of the killers were under the alignment chart, what moral alignment they’ll fall under?

Comments

• kriemhild
    kriemhild Member Posts: 34
    Options

Seeing as they murder people, I don't think any of them would fall under "good".

• Lawful Neutral: Plague, Cannibal, Wraith
      • Lawful neutral applies to killers who believe they're doing the right thing, or at least had a sense of morals at one point in life.
    • True Neutral: Hillbilly, Twins, Demogorgon
      • True neutrals don't know any better/were treated poorly.
    • Chaotic Neutral: Huntress, Hag, Pig, Spirit, Blight
      • Chaotic neutral applies to characters who don't know any better or were corrupted into killing, however they're conscious of the harm they cause.
    • Lawful Evil: Oni, Deathslinger, Executioner
      • Lawful evils believe their killings are justified and kill in the name of justice, vengeance, etc.
    • Neutral Evil: Trapper, Nightmare, Shape, Nurse
      • They're just evil.
    • Chaotic Evil: Legion, Clown, Doctor, Ghostface
      • These killers are both chaotic and evil.
  • EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Most of them would be Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil.

• B13ghtcrow
    B13ghtcrow Member Posts: 27
    Options

All right! How about the survivors?

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'll bite for the Survivors.

Lawful Good

Claudette is generally good-natured (one of her teachables is Empathy for crying out loud) and appears to be fairly lawful in her actions.

Tapp is verbatim described as "one of the good guys" in his bio, and is a cop. Pretty open and shut.

Kate is almost sickeningly benevolent and espouses the virtues of "faith and family" in her songs.

Adam is also a generally good person whose life follows what is essentially the real-life, modern equivalent of the perfect Lawful Good paladin.

Zarina isn't just a good person, but is specifically motivated by injustice. She is willing to work outside the bounds of the law to expose that injustice, but she clearly lives by serious personal moral codes (which can absolutely count as "lawful" even if someone technically isn't law abiding) and holds other people and institutions to them.

Felix cares a fair bit about other people, and the idea of responsibility and obligation is a pretty large part of his character.

Neutral Good

Quentin is demonstrated in Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) to be a pretty decent person with a strong sense of morality and empathy. He doesn't really align himself with or against the establishment, though.

Jane appears to be a decent person, but seems more neutral than chaotic or lawful in her outlook as she mostly seems concerned with working alongside the rules of TV/radio for her own benefit and the benefit of others, not trying to change it or aligning herself with them.

Nancy: Haven't seen Stranger Things, but this is my best guess based on the knowledge I do have. Nancy takes many actions with benevolent/good intentions, but doesn't seem to align herself as lawful/chaotic. (note: I wouldn't be surprised if Stranger Things had some kind of Alignment joke related to her or Steve, though)

Chaotic Good

Nea's lore, especially her Tome V content, makes it blindingly obvious she's Chaotic Good, even if the people who stereotypically play her are the definition of chaotic evil.

Meg is absolutely a good person, but also described with a rebellious streak in her bio. By the time she was snatched by The Entity that was being channeled into track running, but she was still definitely a loose cannon type.

Bill might not seem like Chaotic material, but he has a lot of clear trust issues with authority in extra material like The Sacrifice comics. Him being a Good character is basically indisputable, though.

Jeff is a rock fan with a heart of gold. I could definitely see him in other categories but I think Chaotic Good probably suits him best.

Steve: Haven't watched Stranger Things, so this is my best guess based on the knowledge I have of his character. He goes out of his way to help others, but also posesses other qualities one wouldn't usually associate with a heroic person.

Yui Made a living in illegal street races in defiance of her father, but also inspired and helped a lot of people along the way.

Cheryl is pretty caring, but is also prone to some serious vengeful streaks that IMO classify her as in opposition to law/authority.

Élodie has a history of wanting to defy boundaries, go where she isn't supposed to, etc, but also appears to be good-natured and truly just wanted to try and save her parents.

Lawful Neutral

Dwight shows obedience to people in authority, but seems to be a survivor, not an altruist. You could argue his teachables might be more Good, but I think "I need you to survive so I can survive!" makes it clear it's about the mutual interest in co-operation, not because he's a bleeding heart.

Neutral

Laurie is tough to place but I think she fits True Neutral- Based specifically on the Halloween - Halloween 2018 timeline. (of course, laurie in DbD is specifically from the first movie, but I am assuming here that if DbD laurie and mike were not snatched by The Entity, Halloween 2018 would've happened) Laurie is willing to break or bend the law if necessary to fight back against Myers, but she doesn't seem to have much of an ideological opinion for or against authority. She also shows a lot of concern for the safety of other people, but isn't quite a heroic or altruistic personality, and is very much concerned about her own self-preservation as much as other people. (note: I'm also going with the modern 5e interpretation of "neutral" as the alignment most average people without much ideological concern fit into. the weirder True Neutral from older editions definitely wouldn't fit)

Chaotic Neutral

Jake is fairly rebellious but doesn't give any indication of being a particularly good or bad person.

Feng Min had her entire life path was created out of rebelling against her parents and she, much like Jake, seems to mostly be a self-reliant type who doesn't help others too much, but doesn't get in their way much either.

David does go out of his way to help friends or family members, but that's generally to be expected for a neutral character. He is also known for picking fights with people who don't really deserve it (his bio mentions a potential rugby career was caught short by attacking a referee) and he's definitely not a very lawful person.

Ash might constantly be fighting against Evil and be the saviour of humanity, but the guy's not exactly a boy scout himself.

Chaotic Evil

Ace lives outside the law and the only rule he seems to respect is paying up when he loses a bet. (and even then, he's stated in his bio to be in debt to loan sharks and being a conman) While Ace isn't a moustache-twirling supervillain and apparently a fun guy to hang out with, being designated as "Evil" in alignment is all about being selfish, and Ace almost certainly qualifies.

Unsurprisingly, most of them fall into the Good side of the spectrum, at least by my estimation.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

I know you missed at least one but don't know or care who

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited February 2021
    Options

Nurse would probably be a good alignment, actually.

Look at how she strokes the survivors face in her mori. Either she's remorseful for what she's done, or she believes she's giving them a mercy kill, so that they won't have to do trials and watch their friends die anymore.

Her preferred method of killing is suffocation. Not the least painful way to go, but better than most other killers mori's.

Theoretically, the reason she killed those asylum patients was out of mercy. And insanity. But she seemed to genuinely care about most of her patients.

Her lack of an inherently sadistic nature is rare for killers, and she doesn't seem to enjoy the Entity's game as much as the others, if at all.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Lawful Good - Plague (Does what they do for good)

Neutral Good -

Chaotic Good - Wraith (Their act of killing was for good but the entity still took them)

Lawful Neutral - Deathslinger (Organized their killing due to being significantly wronged)

True Neutral - Hag, Spirit, Demogorgon (Normal people who experienced trauma who kill due to manipulation or have no true concept of their actions)

Chaotic Neutral - Hillbilly, Huntress, Cannibal, Blight, Twins (Twisted people that kill due to fear, cluelessness and manipulation)

Lawful Evil - Nurse, Doctor, Oni, Trickster (Use position and status to kill for complex goals)

Neutral Evil - Trapper, Pig, Clown, Legion, Ghostface (People that kill to kill)

Chaotic Evil - Myers, Nemesis, Executioner (Essentially an embodiment of torment and evil itself)

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134
    Options

Too bad cause it's Yun-Jin

Now I have made you know and you have been gotten

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134
    Options

Also Yun-Jin is either Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil, depending on if you judge her inaction as being evil.