The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Post-Game Chat Bans/Suspensions

Let's talk suspensions or bans for bad conduct after a match...

So, I got my first-ever communications suspension today after I had a terrible match as Leatherface (I plan DBD on Xbox). After the match, a survivor messaged me with some toxicity (basically 'ggez get gud'). I admit that I was tilted, so I responded in kind. While I never contact either a killer or survivor with toxicity after a match, I will occasionally respond in kind if they contact me first.

Long story short, there was some back and forth, and I refused to join this person in a party chat so that could assault me verbally. I then blocked the person. Next thing you know, I got a message saying that I have been banned from using Xbox communications for the next 24 hours.

Now I am not trying to say what I said was appropriate, but I am curious how often people get this type of ban/suspension. Are they common? Have you ever reported someone to be suspended or banned? I have to admit that I'm surprised by this action, since I have been exposed to a CONSIDERABLE amount of toxic behavior while playing this game (case in point: just yesterday, I got spammed in chat around 10 times after a match by a killer saying 'ggez kill'--which was particularly annoying since I was already playing in a new match). I had assumed that this was typical DBD gameplayer behavior, so to see this result in a temporary suspension is somewhat strange.

Comments

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Please note that any suspension administrated by any platform on console is not done by BHVR. We deal with the end-game chat - so whatever you choose to do in the message service provided by the platform, that is your responsibility to take care of. We generally have a policy on discussing any kind of bans, including chat bans from other platforms.

This discussion has been closed.