we need 2 gamemodes

Options
MalEducado
MalEducado Member Posts: 139
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

1 gamemode it will call casual, with no progresion rank and no rules.

the other one with rank mode and rules, it could be call, rank mode.

its easy... ass well, competitive players can play rank mode, an casuals players can play casual mode

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

Agreed, in the case the system is able to ensure that people can not abuse it.

You can not play ranked if you are not experienced enough.

You can not play casual, if you are way more than a casual.

They might try encourage people with some stuff, but there will be always a cut of the playerbase that just want to d*ck on others.

To prevent this, you need force, like it or not.

But that would require a system that can determine your skill level corretcly.

That is a basic condition of a matchmaking that works properly.

I will be surprised if the upcoming MMR could do that.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Or "competetive" players can play casual mode. Cause, y'know, it would be easier/less annoying technically. Although upcoming rank rewards would like maybe for a week make them play ranked mode.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

How would you determine who is "casual", sounds like this would just lead to everyone being stuck in the same game mode again after a while. If there is a ranked and unranked playlist I think everyone should be allowed to play either.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,680
    Options

You have not thought this through, because then what about rank players who then play hardcore in casual mode to annoy players?

Its way better to have all in one basket divided by levels of mastery, So people can rub off on eachother and learn.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

They havent share any information how MMR should work technically. To be honest, i doubt they ever will. If you ask me, avg. seconds on gens/in chase per match values could be good information to tell you are playing well, or not.

Truth hurts as always, but if these values of yours are lower than a certain value, you re bad.

I understand your point, but some kind of restrictions are necessary, there is no other ways to consistently match players with the same caliber.

A casual could say that after playing ranked like "Okay, i dont have enough experience for this yet", but there will be always players trying to abuse the system somehow to get matched against another player that is obviously not that good.

That is a mentality you can not erase. The only thing you can do is controlling the conditions around it.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139
    Options

in casual mode, hardcore players can practice they skill, and their tricks... can juck without preasure, and killer can practice the killers, or killers with no hours of exp with them... ion ranked, play hardcore and fight for your mmr/rank... its easy to understand

• Sasha233
    Sasha233 Member Posts: 40
    Options

I full on agree with that, however the queue time is already insane. (I'm in one of the popular cities in North America)

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

they said in the devs stream they are not looking at other game modes which is sad. It would add way more flavor