Should map offerings be disabled in a SWF party of a certain size?

Options
2»

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

Maybe I am just better than you, if you really have to suffer while playing Killer? DBD is an easy game in general, there is nothing hard about it.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Get rid of map offerings entirely. I hate having to spend points in the bloodweb.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Perhaps on the Survivor side, it may be simple and easy.

For Killers, DBD is an entirely different game.

It's stressful, chaotic, and more often than not, you get players who constantly try to just piss you off by doing dumb, stupid things.

To say that Killers have no suffrage to pay is just blatantly wrong.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited January 2021
    Options

I play both sides, and both sides are easy. If players try to annoy me, whatever. If they win, whatever, I can easily accept that and dont run to the Forums and complain about something which happened in that one game that I lost, after winning the 5 games before and the 5 games after that game.

If you are thinking that you are doing anything special when playing Killer or that it is very skillful in general, you are wrong.

But I dont think a discussion makes sense, since I wont change my mind. I dont think that either side is hard to play, there are games which require far more skill than DBD.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Don't get me wrong, losing is fine and all, but when people go out of their way to bully you in this game, it tends to suck a lot. This more than anything else is what grinds my gears.

People who say Killer is easy are just downright wrong, as sucky as it is to say. Competent and skilled Survivors will absolutely smoke you if you don't sweat your ass off.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

Of course both sides are easy. Dbd matchmaking ia the same as playing a shooter only against people who have a 0,× KD. Noob stomping is always easy.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

"Competent and skilled Survivors will absolutely smoke you if you don't sweat your ass off."

And this is 100% fair. If the other side plays better, I lose. This is fine by me. And regarding "bullying" - Killers say that they get "bullied" when Gens get done and need a thicker Skin in general, if they are annoyed by someone spamming crouch.

I mean, yeah, most players in Red Ranks are not good, this goes for both sides. Of course the game becomes easy at this point.

But thats what you get when you make a Rank Reset which does not really reset, everyone gathers in Red Ranks. Yay.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I mean you are just talking utter rubbish now.

If you are saying that Killer takes 0 skill, then obviously you could put a 5 year old who doesn't play video games into Otzdarva's chair and he'd stomp all the same teams. Or you could put a rank 20 into his first game and he'd beat a red rank team.

It's a PVP game, one side wins, and usually it will be due to the skill of those on either side. You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

"You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?"

I dont know, honestly. I am not good at Killer and I only really lose many games if I play a new Killer or someone where I am not really familiar with (like Nurse, Oni or Deathslinger, which are all strong Killers on their own).

And yes, Killer is hardER than Survivor, but not hard by any means.

• JPA
    Options

So you're basically claiming you can win 10 games out of 11 as a Killer, and you're saying that Killer is harder than survivor. So I suppose this means if you find survivor easier (and you obviously find Killer very easy), then you must escape pretty much every match.

So either you've got 4000 hours on the game and are now claiming it takes no skill (unaware that maybe over 4000 hours, you acquired skill), or maybe you're playing in some other region to me which is full of potatoes. I'm playing at around rank 7 on the EU servers and its basically either constant sweat squads, or potatoes. I have only been playing the game for a few months, so I can hardly expect to win every game, but this game is not easy.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited January 2021
    Options

Those were just random numbers, thrown in because it always looks like Killers are complaining after a lost game, even if they won all the games before and afterwards.

I only have one batch of stats:

This was from the Bloodlust-experiment, I got 2,8 Kills per game and 8,9 Hooks per game, I usually prefer to go for Hooks instead of Kills (I rather get a 0K, 8 Hook-game than a 4K with 5 Hooks) and I dont slug for the 4K, unless the last person is nearby or someone I want to have dead.

You see that there are some decent games, but also complete destruction where I only got like 4 Hooks in total. And thats totally fine by me.

However, I have indeed many hours in this game (5,4k, to be precise, more on Survivor tho), so I think I know what I am talking about. But the raw number of hours is not really that impactful, it is completely individual how much skill you get. I have seen players who had only a few hundred hours who were way better than me. And meanwhile, in another Onlinegame I play, I have an even higher number of hours and am still "below average", according to the stats. Hours can be a factor, but dont mean that much.

But, like I said, I wont change my opinion, as long as I can hold Rank 1 consistently while still being a Survivor Main who does A LOT of errors as Killer, I cannot really see the game as being difficult for Killer.

(I also dont think that I will response again in this thread, this is a discussion that came up quite often already and it has nothing to do with Map Offerings and even on that topic, I have said everything I wanted)

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

As much as I enjoy being able to choose my map, for the sake of balance it is probably best that map offerings are not allowed. That is, until BHVR finally balances every map so they do not heavily favor one side or the other. (Which will never happen because maps are dependent on RNG).

• JPA
    Options

lmao, someone with almost five and a half thousand hours on something can't say it is easy when they go and do well at it

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    edited January 2021
    Options

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would like for map offerings to be completely removed honestly.

Didn't the devs say one of the reasons for not including a new realm for some killers, such as Clown, was to not add more clutter to the bloodweb? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard something along those lines.

• JPA
    Options

I'd be fine with that too. Having it enable/disable on SWF might make the UI needlessly awkward, and I rarely see Killers run them anyway, so just removing them entirely would be fair to everyone.

• JPA
    Options

I'd rather not incur a matchmaking penalty though.

If the team isn't obviously a SWF and I don't hate the map too much I'll probably just play the game.

If it's an obvious SWF though and it's something like Haddonfield or Ormond, I sometimes just stand in a corner by the exit gate and wait. It's a depip anyway so might as well let them enjoy holding M1 on their favourite map, no point me getting stressed.