Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is there something up with que times atm?

Quink
Quink Member Posts: 56
edited January 2021 in Ask the Community

Been in three 40 minutes que in total and have not found a single game. ON PS4 btw.

Everything worked fine yesterday and nothing has changed when it comes ot my internet.

Nat open and all that stuff. Same with killer ques. Can't get a game at all.

Best Answer

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Answer ✓

This issue is nearly universal for survivors.

Don't worry about your setup or anything, the problem is largely with the systems of match-making.

From how I understand it, the system tries to match you with a killer and survivors that fit your rank and level.

However, it takes time for each time it checks a server, and given the declining killer population, the game has to check a lot of servers.

The game then starts broadening its search parameters, getting desperate to get you into any game at all. This then forces the game to look through the servers again, because maybe things have changed since it last checked.

This goes on and on and on until it gives up and dumps you into basically whatever server it feels like.

It has to do this with every survivor.

I wonder if the devs realized that making killer near unplayable has negative effects on the survivors experience too?

Answers

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Rank, region?

• Quink

Rank 4, EU. Tried rebooting the game and the PS4 to no avail. All other MP games works just fine. Rebooted the switch aswell. Tried everything i can think of.

• TripleSteal
    edited January 2021

I'm also in EU, r1, but on PC. I played as a killer at the same time when you were trying to find a match, my queues took about 15-30 seconds as usual; therefore the issue is not universal.

Do your crossplay settings allow matching with players from other platforms atm?

Is your internet connection working as usual?

• Quink

Yeah internet works as usual, Will try to find a game with Crossplay off and see what happens. Don't want it off though since Que time are usually worse, but it the choice is no game at all i guess i have no choice.

• TripleSteal

No-no, that's not what I meant. I thought that perhaps somehow it turned off by itself for you, which could have caused longer queue times. Disabling crossplay now is unlikely to help :D

• TripleSteal

Sadly I'm out of ideas, and I recommend you to post your problem in Technical Issues besides Ask the Community subforum. TI mod is significantly more qualified in such questions.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

• Quink

Not sure if it coincident or not but i found a surv game after turning cross play off and im now in a lobby with cross play on. Might just have been something with servers or similar. Thanks for the help bud!