The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Once undying is nerfed im out

13»

Comments

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,156

Great excuse, saw this one coming. How about you get better at the game? Just like how Nurse requires tons of practice, Twins requires practice, Spirit, etc. How about you find time to practice w/o Undying + Ruin (IF its such a big deal to you) and get better? You don't have to dedicate 6 hours a day to get better, but most people who log on can play for 1hr-2hrs on average IMO. I work full time and still find time to improve in this game. Your excuse is stupid.

@TheeclumsyNinja I already said I don't use any of those perks (including BT) and still think you're bad if you complain about all of this. Get better at the game to the point you don't need these perks - this goes for both survivors and killers.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Are you sure you didn’t mean to type “devs GOT a back bone and stopped coddling bad killers who needed to hit the snooze button on Ruin”.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283

Id love to see your gameplay.

See heres the thing, i dont WANT to only play DBD. Believe it or not there is a wide world of games out there, and for the 10 hours a week i get to play i like spreading my time.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I agree with what you say except for borrowed time I've been playing quite a bit of Survivor lately that perk is needed and I don't have an issue with that perk when I'm killer honestly I barely see it if I see someone scratch marks leading to the hook or actually see the Survivor running to the hook yes I will follow that person but that's the only way I'm going back to the hook therefore borrow time will never proc so it shouldn't be an issue unless you're camping. And a double standard work both ways the people saying Killers need to adapt without ruining dying it's a crutch perk most of them are using spine chill, Sprint burst , dead hard, DS / Unbreakable, Etc. And then the ones complaining about those parts are using ruin undying tinkerer surveillance or just plain out tunneling and camping. The cycle will never end.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Speaking of coddling when was the last time a strong survivor perk got nerfed?

No killer has an average of 3 kills per match, they’re all at 2 or less, but when they keep nerfing killer perks that are apparently OP to baby survivors in green ranks we just need to keep quiet.

Go to bed kid

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

there are streamers who dont play 6 hours a day and still 4k literally every game,thats without going full tryhard mode. scott jund is a good player, literally plays the game sick most of the time, dosent use undying, has no issue winning games. infact literally most of the streamers agree solo q survivor is the hardest role in the game.

i got 1k hours in this game since 2016 and im in red ranks without undying and without using the strongest killers.stop making excuses.

• Johnny_XMan

@TheeclumsyNinja

”Go to bed kid”

ha! Classic and weak response tbh.

You do realize that 2 kills is the devs aim for right? For a 2 kill average. Sorry to burst that bubble of yours.

The perk was not OP for me but making an observation about how dumb this perk was for killer “players” who carry a big skill gap, apparently stung you. My bad.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Notice how you just say “in red ranks” mean rank 4 lol when you hit rank 1 come chat

• TheeclumsyNinja

poor thing, 3000 posts on here.... you must really not have much relevancy in your actual life so you try to find it here. The only place people remotely pay attention to you

• chargernick85

A rank four can get the exact same lobby as a rank one. He'll greens are getting lobbies like a rank one with the way matchmaking is nowadays. Just saying before you ask I got my rank 1 achievement

• Johnny_XMan

@TheeclumsyNinja

Don't feel bad for me, I have a great life irl.

My post count is just indication of how invested I am in a game that I love.

You know... the game that you’re quitting at 147 comments, because they are nerfing a perk. 😊

• TheeclumsyNinja

That must be a steam thing, damn xbox doesnt have any rank related ones. Level is the closest it gets :/

And im not saying he never gets high red survivors, but gen a rank 1 will just say they’re rank 1. And at rank 4 you find alot more purples then reds since theres a higher purple/green population.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Imagine acting like youre accomplishing something by invested 1000s of hours into a video game lol to bad you couldnt realize you could do something useful with that time

• chargernick85

Damn you're right I just went through my entire achievement list and there isn't a rank one achievement on Xbox I could have swore I got one for that but it was a long time ago so it's probably knocking off a bunch of achievements back then. But yes I do believe there is one on Steam

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2021

Stop trying to move goal posts b/c your ego is fragile.

1) I've been consistently between rank 1-2 (depending on the matches of course) but rank doesn't really mean much nowadays since most SWF just boost themselves to the red ranks. I solo que entirely.

2) If you aren't willing to improve without Undying + Ruin, thats ENTIRELY on you. If you want the easy route every time and to rely on your hexes, go for it. I am not surprised by your post and your defensive posts.

3) You are full of excuses, you have a reply for everything someone throws at you. How about you accept that you're not a good killer?

4) If you're going to use the 'I got 10 hours to play a week' why are you even complaining in the first place? Just quit/uninstall the game. Why wait for the nerf, if that's really how you feel? If you're not willing to get better without your crutch perks and improve overall, then why did you even make this thread? Since time is such a huge issue and you can be playing other games, go play those other games. Why even make this thread if you're just going to be ignorant. You know people are going to come at you for your ignorant and childish temper tantrum.

..So really, what is your logic?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

undying and devour, I didn't say anything about ruin.

The current change reduces the effectiveness of undying/ruin, which is a bummer, but has better synergy for undying/devour hope. I'm looking forward to seeing how well devour can stay up without as much constant monitooring of it by me.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Its been on the test server and i havent really seen anything positive with the synergy with other hexs. Totems are usually gone within 3-4 minutes so you just dont see the value.

If undying did anything for survivors it helped them memorize totem spawns

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It was a good way to get killers to chase survivors away from gens with Undy/Ruin combo, so there will be more camping now. But we have to see if it's noticeable or not.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer is THE carried Freddy main build. A good team can counteract it, but if a Freddy gets lucky with Undying and you have to cleanse all five totems, you had better hope that everyone on the team is either good at stealthing or good at running long enough to get something done with those totems LMAO

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

kinda funny to hear that when i earned rank 1 achievements for BOTH sides in early 2020. i guess some people will forever make excuses for their LACK OF SKILL in the game huh? sucks to be you bud.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Sucks to be me? If having an amazing family, good job and everything i could ever want or need sucks then oof.

• TheeclumsyNinja

Also your scott jund example is poopoo too... he hasnt played much in the last year cause he’s bored of the game just like many people.

He also has almost 4k hours though....im at 984... just as im sure you play WAY to much of dbd.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

An easy fix to the nerf would be to make all totems look the same. Survivors wouldn't know whether or not they should be done or if they were the real hex.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

lol?

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149

Imagine swf with Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, Dead Hard and Borrowed Time.

You have to deal with those perks. Sometimes there is no other option but to tunnel and face camp to calm the frustration that the survivors generate with their tbag, infinite loop, animations.

This game is not killer player friendly, developers only nerf killer perks but survivor perks don't even touch them. I feel like a masochist every time I start the game on steam.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

and let us have different mori animations for every killer! Im sick of the just plain one! let's surpass Friday the 13th:The game in that aspect

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
  • SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

not trying to be a prick, but it could also be argued that ruin/undying combination as it stands was babying bad killers too. Just saying a polarized perspective is not going to help at all. The reasons that drove people toward the combo won't be as likely to be addressed by themselves personally if they constantly have it as a crutch. It's more the perpetual message sent to killers that should anger them rather than the actual effects of the nerf itself. Also the fact they paid for the perk, and might feel bamboozled should be more important than the changes to the perk. Also, the main reason ruin was paired with it was because a perk like devour gained absolutely no benefit at all with the loss of tokens, which will now be carried over although the second time the hex is cleansed it will be lost now on the flip side. I originally thought about devour when I heard of undying myself actually.

TydeTime made a video on the combo recently which you might find pretty interesting, especially in seeing what you see yourself as gaining from the use of it and why you see those gains. It boils down to survivor mistakes, ignorance or laziness really. If you stayed on gens as he mentioned in the video especially when you Knew the killer was preoccupied and if run off the gen grabbed a bone otw to another before returning to finish gens rather than being permanently scared off of them then you would see while annoying the combo is not broken at all.

It is the survivors that were broken, by the fear of the combination of perks and their discouragement. You broke yourselves, the perk combo did not break you. Fear is the path to the chudside. Fear leads to lack of motivation, lack of motivation leads to hate which then leads into deflection rather than self-reflection. Resulting in chuds crying for nerfs rather than taking the advice they tend to han out to killers and git gud. If ruin/undying was so big of a problem, then it wasn't the combo that was the problem, it was how you played that was the problem. The game doesn't revolve around survivors contrary to popular belief, sometimes they're expected to 'adapt' to. Just like they're gonna be doing against lullaby, haunted or devour soon. This is gonna be funny.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Another one that only thinks in survivor main or killer main and the ‚us vs them‘ mentality.

lol

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

It's not your fault, this game, like most others is designed to be addictive. You aren't stupid and you most definitely are not the only one who feels/felt this way. I was in a similar situation to what you're in now. I would highly recommend that you take at the very least a break, or better yet, quit the game forever. I loved this game and I still feel some attachment to it, which is why I'm on the forums lol. Anyhow, I stopped playing a few weeks ago and I feel less tense and less uptight. The game had genuinely become an unhealthy addiction for me and it was causing me completely unnecessary stress and anger. Eventually I became so bored and burnt-out that I stopped playing. I reflected on myself and the game and realised that this game is fundamentally flawed. The main objective for survivors is extremely boring, Killer is stressful against competent teams and so many perks are either completely useless, or so good that you're handicapping yourself by not using them. Balance changes are incredibly slow and rarely release any meaningful changes which might massively shake up the gameplay. We're four years into the game's life cycle and we still only have one game mode (or two if you want to count Killer and survivor as being different game modes). That is genuinely laughable. Especially since other games can easily maintain multiple game modes and have at least an adequate level of balance. Meanwhile, DBD is just barely balanced. I understand that due to it's nature as an asymmetrical game, it is inherently harder to balance. In my opinion, that shouldn't be an excuse to just not bother. Behaviour is a multi-million dollar company. They can afford to make more frequent changes and add new game-modes but they just don't do it. At this point it's abundantly clear that the majority of the developers are simply doing the absolute bear minimum. They know they have a monopoly on this type of game, so why try am I right? People will still throw money at them either way. Anyhow this turned into a bit of a rant which I do apologize for. Nonetheless, I hope this inspired you to at least take a break to clear your head. Perhaps then you could come back to the game with a fresh outlook, or better yet, you could just quit the game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Pop and Surge is a good alternative to Ruin Undying if you play the right killer for it :)

You can use Oppression instead of Surge for other killers, works pretty well! Other than that, Undying will still be very good tbh. Ruin Undying will still work.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

First off, Thank you for the kind words

Weirdly enough though, a LOT of my problems with this game were fixed now that my Series X showed up

So many of my issues with this game are flat out gone. I'm starting to think the Last Gen consoles just couldn't handle all the updates this game has had and I never noticed until I got the upgrade. Things like the frame rate drops, missing survivors with my swing, losing track of survivors cause they just vanished; all issues that are fixed now.

Sure, some issues will never be fixed like SWAT Team SWF groups but even then, it's so much easier to deal with now that I have the proper equipment...

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I'm glad you're problems are fixed. I myself did notice a massive improvement in the general experience of the game when I swapped to PC. Feels more smooth. Even when it's only 60 fps instead of 30. I usually get 70 odd though because I uncapped the fps.

FYI I'm playing the game again because a streamer I enjoy watching was doing swfs and now I like the game again. I'm convinced there is no escape from this game, lol.

• YungCro
    YungCro Member Posts: 2

You won't be missed.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

They nerfed it, so you could not get 3 additional ruins at best and buffed it, so you actually can use lullaby or devour hope without losing stacks.

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103

Nerfed today ?

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

It's out. Are you gonna leave or what?