We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Killer Idea: The Scarecrow

IronRaynor
IronRaynor Member Posts: 4

Long time League of Legends player, and budding horror fan.

Primarily inspired by the Vanir from Supernatural S1 Ep11 "The Scarecrow."

I also incorporated a few design cues from other killers, namely the Hag and the Oni, and tried to format all the text so it looks like it would belong in a Character Select screen.

Power: Soul of Straw

Straw Men: Start the trial holding one Scarecrow in your hands. Two more (by default) will be placed in the Arena.

Collect Straw Men: Press the Interaction button while standing near a passive or active Scarecrow to pick it up.

Plant Straw Men: Press the Power button to place your carried Scarecrow upright and active in front of you.

While carrying a Scarecrow, you move at 105%, cannot Lunge, and you can press the Attack button to slam the Scarecrow into the ground, damaging survivors in a small area in front of you.

Active (upright) Scarecrows watch the area in front of them. If a survivor enters their Field of View (85 degrees by default) within 16 meters trigger Killer Instinct as long as they remain in that area, and are affected by the Oblivious status effect for 10 seconds.

Ensoul: Press the Power button while looking at any active Scarecrow to channel for 4 seconds, then trade places with it, placing an active Scarecrow in your original position. While you channel, your Terror Radius slowly shrinks to zero, while the chosen Scarecrow gains a terror radius at the same rate. Releasing the Power button will cancel this effect, and you will be stationary until the channel decreases to 0%.

Active Scarecrows may be knocked down by Survivors by standing behind them and pressing the Interact button for 4 seconds. Doing this triggers a Loud Noise notification and reveals the survivor's aura for while they are pushing over your scarecrow. You cannot Ensoul a Scarecrow actively being pushed by a survivor, and a survivor cannot push over a Scarecrow you are already Ensouling.

Perk 1: Dark Servants

The Crows found in the world are servants to your dark machinations.

You will not scare crows when moving.

Increase the detection range of Crows by 10/20/30%. Crows can be heard from the same amount farther away.

Perk 2: Thousand-Yard Stare

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

Standing still for 4 seconds will activate this perk.

When this perk activates, survivors within 64 meters in a narrow cone (12/18/24 degrees) will have their auras revealed to you for as long as you remain still. Turning your view will reset this perk.

Perk 3: Hex: Terrifying Presence

A Hex causing your very appearance to strike sheer terror into your prey.

When you enter a chase, all other survivors within your Terror Radius will yell and reveal their current location to the killer for 4/5/6 seconds.

The only add-on I'm 100% sure of is a Very Rare (Purple) that gives you an additional scarecrow for your power.

Comments

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

I VERY much like this concept. The power, the Scarecrow aesthetic, the perks - all of it. I'd LOVE to see something like this take place in the game.

Thank you for sharing!! :) If you have more, please do share!

-Blue

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Good design.

I like it.

• Cptsquirrel8916
    Cptsquirrel8916 Member Posts: 6

My guy!! This is 100% the character I would main. I'm highly impressed with the thought and creativity you invested in making this seem like a playable Killer that isn't OP.