Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Controller works in menu but not during match

RubyBard
RubyBard Member Posts: 2

I have connected a controller to my PC that hasnt given me issues up until last week when it suddenly does not register as soon as we load into the game. It will work when I'm unlocking the blood web or equipping items but is completely unresponsive when I try to play the game. I tried to disconnect my controller, reconnect it, and re-sync it but nothing seems to work. The xbox game bar will pop up when I hit the xbox main button on the controller so I know its still connected to the actual PC itself. It has been non-stop disconnecting for the last day or so.

2 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236

There is an issue with the XBox controller, but I don't think it's game related, I think it's a Windows problem (or maybe not, dunno).

The solution to this:

1) Exit the game

2) Go to Device Manager

3) Find the driver for XBox Controller and uninstall it

4) Restart your PC immediately and unplug your controller before booting

5) Once your PC is up again and the Desktop screen loads, plug your XBox Controller back in and wait for it to install itself

It should work now.

I had to do that 3-4 times a week, but now I do it every time I turn off DBD just in case. I really hate when I load into a match and I have to switch to keyboard and then suck for the entire team cause of this issue.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

Can confirm that the advice posted by @sharkster13 (thank you btw) is correct. If you're having further issues, I suggest making a post in the Technical sub section for assistance: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

This discussion has been closed.