Killers using exploit to make survivors get 0 bp and lose items.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Then you can imagine how killers feel when survivors dc and you lose bbq stacks, offerings and addons

It goes both ways. I once lost 5 party streamers in my SWF group because the killer decided to leave before the game loaded in.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

Still happening. No word from BHVR. Gotta love the communication.

• purebalance

@Nickenzie said:
    HellDescent said:

Then you can imagine how killers feel when survivors dc and you lose bbq stacks, offerings and addons

It goes both ways. I once lost 5 party streamers in my SWF group because the killer decided to leave before the game loaded in.

He's stupid anyway. Comparing losing BBQ stack POTENTIAL vs losing the points you actually lost because of this exploit and your item and 2 pips is not even remotely the same.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

@HellDescent said:

@purebalance said:

@HellDescent said:

Except that isn't how it happens. I play killer more and you do not lose nearly as much than as a survivor and in this case even more so. I guess I can claim WGLF stacks since you're claiming BBQ and like survivors don't use offerings.....

Killers dc more then survivors? Really? And I didn't know that wglf functions the same way as bbq... I better look out for that killer's aura next time I get a stack.

WGTLF doesn't work the same.

You can get stacks off ANY survivor, even farming all four from the same one.

Where as BBQ each Target has to be unique to get the stack.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    I wish more survivors would disconnect. Makes.things easier for me. 

I wouldn't mind having only 1-3 survivors every match actually.

So much easier....except for farming obviously.
  • purebalance

@My_Dude said:

@HellDescent said:

@purebalance said:

@HellDescent said:

Except that isn't how it happens. I play killer more and you do not lose nearly as much than as a survivor and in this case even more so. I guess I can claim WGLF stacks since you're claiming BBQ and like survivors don't use offerings.....

Killers dc more then survivors? Really? And I didn't know that wglf functions the same way as bbq... I better look out for that killer's aura next time I get a stack.

WGTLF doesn't work the same.

You can get stacks off ANY survivor, even farming all four from the same one.

Where as BBQ each Target has to be unique to get the stack.

You missed the point. Even if a survivor dc's you still get the other component from hooking.

EVEN still this nonsense needs to stop detracting from the point of the thread.

Killers are using an exploit to DC the entire group to where it tricks the system into thinking the survivors dc'd as well as the killer which means 0 BP, loss of items(not add ons assuming you have another copy of the item), and a hit or miss on getting the 2 pip loss. The survivors could have been at a nearly max BP game and the killer does this and they get 0 along with the aforementioned penalties because of an exploit the killers are using.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Nickenzie said:
    HellDescent said:

He's stupid anyway. Comparing losing BBQ stack POTENTIAL vs losing the points you actually lost because of this exploit and your item and 2 pips is not even remotely the same.

Wait, you lose 2 pips, a item you can get for free during the match and an offering?
    This sounds almost like daily killer life.

Except for the pips. Because you have to literally do nothing until the killer disconnects to lose 2 pips.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

maybe it was me if was yesterday, here at the student dorm the router cant handle the so many ppl connected in the evening NL time

• purebalance
    edited November 2018

@Tsulan said:
    purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

HellDescent said:

Wait, you lose 2 pips, a item you can get for free during the match and an offering?

Except for the pips. Because you have to literally do nothing until the killer disconnects to lose 2 pips.

Another person not listening. This is an exploit to trick the system into thinking the survivors dc'd. As such no matter what you did in game, you will more than likely(there are times it doesn't take them) lose 2 pips and always get 0 bloodpoints. You could have had a nearly max BP game and they pull this exploit and you get 0.

Nothing a killer has happen is even remotely close to this unless the rare event of all 4 survivors dc which they'd still get 2400 bp and maybe only lose 1 pip.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:
    purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

HellDescent said:

Another person not listening. This is an exploit to trick the system into thinking the survivors dc'd. As such no matter what you did in game, you will more than likely(there are times it doesn't take them) lose 2 pips and always get 0 bloodpoints. You could have had a nearly max BP game and they pull this exploit and you get 0.

Nothing a killer has happen is even remotely close to this unless the rare event of all 4 survivors dc which they'd still get 2400 bp and maybe only lose 1 pip.

Have you double checked your points and pips before and after the match? The display is bugged. Sometimes it shows a depip when its not. Or it shows a different amount of bloodpoints awarded from what it actually awarded.
  • purebalance
    edited November 2018

@Tsulan said:
    purebalance said:

@Tsulan said:

purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

HellDescent said:

He's stupid anyway.  Comparing losing BBQ stack POTENTIAL vs losing the points you actually lost because of this exploit and your item and 2 pips is not even remotely the same.

Have you double checked your points and pips before and after the match? The display is bugged. Sometimes it shows a depip when its not. Or it shows a different amount of bloodpoints awarded from what it actually awarded.

It isn't a display error. I wouldn't keep posting to this thread if it was. The main difference between the screens is also that when the killer uses this exploit only 1 your survivor shows as if you dc'd unlike the times a killer normally disconnects and you see all 4 and get points.

It literally just happened again. A wraith couldn't land hits so was afk by a generator and after the day of campers and trash teams I had I thought it'd be ok to do that gen and double dip. Then the screen twitch like a lag switcher and poof game is over and confirmed with other 3 they all got forced out.

• purebalance

And up to 6 occurences of this today. Still silent from the company.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@purebalance said:

@HellDescent said:

A SWF DCs because you play nurse/doc => 2,5k compensation and you lose everything

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Makes my blood boil when I depip when killer leaves. 
    Blood. Boil.
  • purebalance

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@HellDescent said:

A SWF DCs because you play nurse/doc => 2,5k compensation and you lose everything

You get something. Still not worse than this exploit.

• purebalance

Also still happening. Had it happen 4 times tonight. Still no response.

• purebalance

Still happening. I'm owed millions of BP at this point no wonder you're silent.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They've already addressed this in their weekly Q&A. It's not their fault you didn't see it.

• purebalance

Link? And addressing it is not fixing it. It's been months. And it happens with extreme regularity.

• Orion

@purebalance said:
    Link? And addressing it is not fixing it. It's been months. And it happens with extreme regularity.

You were complaining about "no response", I pointed out that you're wrong.
    As for fixing it, that's a different issue altogether that they are working on, but this is not a priority. They're items and add-ons. Play Survivor and you'll have enough items and add-ons to last a lifetime.
    People who actually lose their entire saves are owed something. You, on the other hand, are not owed jack #########.

• purebalance
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@purebalance said:

You were complaining about "no response", I pointed out that you're wrong.
    As for fixing it, that's a different issue altogether that they are working on, but this is not a priority. They're items and add-ons. Play Survivor and you'll have enough items and add-ons to last a lifetime.
    People who actually lose their entire saves are owed something. You, on the other hand, are not owed jack #########.

And you've made a claim and still not backed up said claim. Link it or stfu.

Also you're not getting the point: I've lost millions of BP that I've earned due to this exploit at this point. Yes I am owed something. This isn't even counting items and add ons. You get 0 BP when they pull this ######### even if you had 4 stacks of WGLF and had 3 areas maxed.

It's a simple fix they can easily implement in the meantime: Judge the score on survivor DC. If you dc with a ######### score you're probably just dc'd because you're salty. When this happens the killer forces it because they're mad and know how to exploit.

Everything you have said here is utter crap.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

Bbq stacks? 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you lose BBQ stacks after every trial? I’m sure you don’t start a trial with the same BBQ stacks as last game... ######### lol
  • purebalance

@Michiko said:
    HellDescent said:

Bbq stacks? 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you lose BBQ stacks after every trial? I’m sure you don’t start a trial with the same BBQ stacks as last game... ######### lol

Much less if a killer hooked them and then they dc they keep the stacks. If the killer pulls this exploit and you had 4 stacks of WGLF you have 0 then because you're getting 0 BP anyway.

• Michiko

@Michiko said:
    HellDescent said:

Bbq stacks? 

Much less if a killer hooked them and then they dc they keep the stacks. If the killer pulls this exploit and you had 4 stacks of WGLF you have 0 then because you're getting 0 BP anyway.

Oh okay, so he’s just another biased Killer Main. Got it.
  • purebalance

@Michiko said:
    purebalance said:

@Michiko said:

HellDescent said:

Bbq stacks? 

I mean I'm much higher ranked as killer than survivor and I'm the one telling these people that this exploit is ridiculous and there is no way any killer having a survivor dc on them is the same.

• Michiko

@Michiko said:
    purebalance said:

@Michiko said:

HellDescent said:

Bbq stacks? 

I mean I'm much higher ranked as killer than survivor and I'm the one telling these people that this exploit is ridiculous and there is no way any killer having a survivor dc on them is the same.

You don’t seem biased though, thats the difference between you and the rest of these people on forums.
  • purebalance

@Michiko said:
    purebalance said:

@Michiko said:

purebalance said:

@Michiko said:

HellDescent said:

Then you can imagine how killers feel when survivors dc and you lose bbq stacks, offerings and addons Bbq stacks? 

Much less if a killer hooked them and then they dc they keep the stacks.  If the killer pulls this exploit and you had 4 stacks of WGLF you have 0 then because you're getting 0 BP anyway.

You don’t seem biased though, thats the difference between you and the rest of these people on forums.

People like to throw the term biased on these forums at anyone who doesn't agree. There's that one with the Claudette icon that constantly goes overboard about killers and made it like the patch was going to make all survivors quit etc etc and if you disagree she calls you a biased killer main. I mean people just need to play both sides and see how it is at multiple ranks. At rank 20-10 you might as well be 1v1 vs the killer because most of the survivors are potatoes who want to quick hide in a locker in range of a killer.

• purebalance

Still happening.

• purebalance
    edited November 2018

Up to 6 times today. Still nothing. Someone claims there was a comment in a single dev stream yet provided no link to said stream. I'm taking this as you guys are just saying ######### off and have a ######### product.

So basically my only real way to get this addressed and fixed is to find out how they're doing something different from normal dc and spread the word to get everyone doing it right?

Post edited by purebalance on
  • purebalance

Still happening. It's kinda bullshit when I lose 100k bp and 5+ items with add ons a day in games I would have won.

Definitely going to have to go to non official forums to spread how to do it because I think I know what they're doing since you guys just don't seem to care.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I had a daily to open the exit door as Laurie so I thought I would level her up to rank 10 and try to get the Adept Laurie Trophy at the same time)
    After MANY attempts (really tricky because I was looking in the wrong direction a lot to avoid Object of Obsession) I got to the door, literally a couple of seconds from opening it and the killer (who had sacrificed nobody) DCs.

I lost out on the trophy, my daily, my points, my items, and depipped.

• purebalance

Up to 6 occurrences today and still nothing be done about it. But hey let's have another ban wave for survivors who dc and not perma ban killers using this exploit.

• Orion

@purebalance said:
    Up to 6 occurrences today and still nothing be done about it. But hey let's have another ban wave for survivors who dc and not perma ban killers using this exploit.

Killers who DC get banned too. Why are you pretending it's just Survivors?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Another 2 tonight. Killer spends an hour chasing a guy while we do gens and he gets DS'd and oh look killer forces the group to DC and we lose items, offerings, two pips, and no blood points.

Still absolutely not word from the devs

At this point I'm due about 3 mil in compensation.

He does right. He worked hard for that hook, and got robbed by a free win button.
  • purebalance

@The_Crusader said:
    purebalance said:

Another 2 tonight. Killer spends an hour chasing a guy while we do gens and he gets DS'd and oh look killer forces the group to DC and we lose items, offerings, two pips, and no blood points.

He does right. He worked hard for that hook, and got robbed by a free win button.

So you're allowed to exploit when you "worked hard" when he didn't? Good to know. I hope I can get in a game with you and exploit and claim I worked hard.

• purebalance

@Orion said:

@purebalance said:

Killers who DC get banned too. Why are you pretending it's just Survivors?

These killers are exploiting the system read the ######### thread. You're just salty that you know nothing about anything and want to stalk me.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@The_Crusader said:
    purebalance said:

So you're allowed to exploit when you "worked hard" when he didn't? Good to know. I hope I can get in a game with you and exploit and claim I worked hard.

Look man. I play both but you know what?

I'm not surprised killers are disconnecting when things dont go their way, bevause survivors do it all the time.

Get an early down? Disconnect
    Brought some good add-ons? Disconnect
    Found someone in a locker? Disconnect
    Got two people hooked at once? Disconnect
    Hit someone? Disconnect
    Looked at a survivor? Disconnect

Killers disconnecting is obviously the wrong thing to do but given how often survivors do it everytime things work out good for the killer it's easy to see why killers are starting to do it more when thkngs go bad for them.

I mean that's the funny thing. As killer you're not allowed to win a game oh no. If it looks like you're getting a 4k the survivors can't have that. They'll start disconnecting.

If it looks like you're losing though you're expected to stay the whole game so you can see them teabagging you at the exit gates.

Double standards.
  • purebalance

@The_Crusader said:
    purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

purebalance said:

Another 2 tonight.  Killer spends an hour chasing a guy while we do gens and he gets DS'd and oh look killer forces the group to DC and we lose items, offerings, two pips, and no blood points.

Look man. I play both but you know what?

I'm not surprised killers are disconnecting when things dont go their way, bevause survivors do it all the time.

Get an early down? Disconnect
    Brought some good add-ons? Disconnect
    Found someone in a locker? Disconnect
    Got two people hooked at once? Disconnect
    Hit someone? Disconnect
    Looked at a survivor? Disconnect

Killers disconnecting is obviously the wrong thing to do but given how often survivors do it everytime things work out good for the killer it's easy to see why killers are starting to do it more when thkngs go bad for them.

I mean that's the funny thing. As killer you're not allowed to win a game oh no. If it looks like you're getting a 4k the survivors can't have that. They'll start disconnecting.

If it looks like you're losing though you're expected to stay the whole game so you can see them teabagging you at the exit gates.

Double standards.

Wait so a killer gets 0 points and 0 pips if a single survivor disconnects?!?!? Oh wait you keep your points and you get 625 per dc and the dc counts as a kill for pips. Stop talking about double standards when you haven't read the thread.

This is an exploit where the killer is making the game think the survivors dc'd by turning off their console, turning off their internet, or similar things. In doing so the survivor gets 0 points, 0 pips, and loses their item whereas NO MATTER WHAT THE SURVIVOR DOES the killer will always keep anything they earned in the match and get points and pip progress for the DC.

No double standards.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

You must really like seeing your topic at the top of the board.

• purebalance
    edited December 2018

Still happening. Funny they removed the mentions of how to do it yet no response about fixing it. Lost up to the equivalent of about 7 mil bp due to this exploit so far.

• Raccoon
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Still happening. Funny they removed the mentions of how to do it yet no response about fixing it. Lost up to the equivalent of about 7 mil bp due to this exploit so far.

So theres a conspiracy of killers dcing to cost you bp. And you've calculated/kept track for 7 mil of it. And this seems logical to you?
  • Raccoon
    7000000/21000 = 333 games.
    I believe you ^_^
  • purebalance

@Carpemortum said:
    purebalance said:

So theres a conspiracy of killers dcing to cost you bp. And you've calculated/kept track for 7 mil of it. And this seems logical to you?

No. There's a conspiracy that BHVR doesn't seem to care yet they are on this witch hunt for people who dc.

Simple fix: If DC'ing is a bannable offense then you shouldn't be losing your earned points, pips, and add ons for it since there is an existing punishment for it. The reason this fixes it is that the killer is able to trick the system into thinking EVERYONE dc'd.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Hey bud, I’d like to share some insight on what is actually happening. At least on Xbox, there has been a bug since 2.2.0 that has persisted up until now. 

Upon loading in, the code takes some sort of nose dive, and upon gen completion, killer stun, killer hit, or hook, the game will end and give the survivors the escape bonus bloodpoints and the killer loses a pip, receiving whatever bloodpoints they managed during the match. 

Its just as infuriating for us as it for you, I promise. But be cautious labeling everyone as a rage quitter. I can’t tell you how demoralizing it is to have this bug happen, and be taunted with messages from some streamer calling me a rage quitter, followed by a bombardment of messages from the viewers. 

Its a huge problem, I don’t know if it exists on PS4 and PC, but it definitely exists on Xbox. 

• purebalance

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Hey bud, I’d like to share some insight on what is actually happening. At least on Xbox, there has been a bug since 2.2.0 that has persisted up until now. 

Upon loading in, the code takes some sort of nose dive, and upon gen completion, killer stun, killer hit, or hook, the game will end and give the survivors the escape bonus bloodpoints and the killer loses a pip, receiving whatever bloodpoints they managed during the match. 

Its just as infuriating for us as it for you, I promise. But be cautious labeling everyone as a rage quitter. I can’t tell you how demoralizing it is to have this bug happen, and be taunted with messages from some streamer calling me a rage quitter, followed by a bombardment of messages from the viewers. 

Its a huge problem, I don’t know if it exists on PS4 and PC, but it definitely exists on Xbox. 

It was none of those. Sorry, try again.

• purebalance

And just found out that using a white ward doesn't help this exploit because I just lost a rainbow map with add ons as well as getting 0 bp and losing pips to a killer dc'ing after burning a white ward.

So you aren't fixing this ######### problem and you aren't compensating anyone for the points YOUR problem has caused people to lose? And then people get warnings and account action on the forums for saying WHAT the problem is. Got it.

Devs just closing their eyes and putting their fingers in their ears pretending it doesn't happen when you owe me about 7 mil bp at this point.

• Orion

Dedicated servers are coming, which will fix this exploit.

• purebalance

@Orion said:
    Dedicated servers are coming, which will fix this exploit.

That's nice, but people who had it happen deserve compensation. Between items lost and BP and pips that should have been gained I'm due about 5-7 mil bp and that shows how rampant it has become on ps4 at least.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Lmao clickbait title