Can something please be done about hook camping?

This the SIXTH game in a row where ive been hook camped and i literally want to burst out crying.. i just want to have fun and people always have to ruin it for me and my friends... Please just do something, ANYTHING to stop this, like a bloodpoint loss for every minute you sit next to a hooked survivor? Idk.. im just tired of this happening to people who just want to have a good time.

Answers

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2018

Well if the game is making you cry you shouldn't play it. Yeah, this is an issue that survivor mains complain about a lot but it doesn't look like they are going to do anything about it. Just practice dodging attacks and hopefully it gets less common as you rank up.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    It's a legitimate strategy, and is heavily punished if survivors know how to deal with it. Doing gens, because you see, while you're being camped on the hook, killer has zero map presence, meaning survivors get free reign to finish gens without interruption. It sucks to get camped, but it's part of the game. You can sometimes save a survivor being camped with coordination and borrowed time, but it's ultimately much more efficient to just finish gens and get out. 

If you're getting caught often and camped, you should try to get better at running the killer around, or juking the killer. In my experience the higher you rank up the less likely you are to run into campers.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I like the bloodpoint loss idea for every minute camping the hook.
    They could implement that, so survivors that camp the hook instead of going in for a save get a penalty. 
    Great idea!
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:
    They could implement that, so survivors that camp the hook instead of going in for a save get a penalty. 
    Great idea!

If they did do something like the bp loss, it should be a similar concept to the stillness crows. Killer stays in one place/area for too long? Lose score as a killer. This would also discourage long-term Insidious plays. This way, killers aren't punished for patrolling near the hook, but they are punished for idleness near a hooked survivor.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    CoolAKn said:

@Tsulan said:
    Great idea!

If they did do something like the bp loss, it should be a similar concept to the stillness crows. Killer stays in one place/area for too long? Lose score as a killer. This would also discourage long-term Insidious plays. This way, killers aren't punished for patrolling near the hook, but they are punished for idleness near a hooked survivor.

But insidious is a perk. You can't punish for using a perk specifically designed for camping. 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:
    CoolAKn said:

@Tsulan said:

Great idea!

But insidious is a perk. You can't punish for using a perk specifically designed for camping. 

Then that can be the trade-off. You want to camp punishment-free? Run Insidious.