The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So, we have to rely on leaks sources for info about updates now?

DexyIV
DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

With Chains of Hate, they changed from 2 week to 3 week development cycles between PTB and live. Today is the day it should go live, so where is the BHVR announcement that it will be delayed?

Comments

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Apparently it'll be out on the 9th now along with the Stranger Things cosmetics.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I always wished devs would at least say when it's for sure not going to be ready.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

People misinterpreted the sentence "most of them (they were talking about Rift rewards) will eventually be available in our in-game store after a minimum period of 6 months." and asked BHVR why those cosmetics were not in the Store EXACTLY 6 months after the first Rift ended accusing them of being liars

I don't blame them for not communicating precise dates of any sort (although I think it would be nice to have more info in general as well), I blame the community who keeps the "yOu LiEd tO Us" gun pointed at their head every time they do anything even slightly different from what they said

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Is the community really that irrational they can't handle something being delayed? I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044
    edited February 2021

Yes, the DBD-Community is horrible under this aspect.

I mean, the Devs got a lot of hate because the Twins-Chapter was released unfinished. Now the Devs take longer (this is still not a delay since no official date was given), and people are not satisfied again. Which is stupid.

So the Devs tend to only give information when things are ready, because this community is unable to handle delays.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Why should they announce a delay to a release they didn't announce?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I'm sry but if you believe that. You clearly haven't been on these forums for that long lol

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

Sorry but preparing an update and not giving a somewhat accurate date of release is poor management and communication. I don't care if they need to delay it for whatever reason and people start whining like little children. That's not enough of a reason to not provide any approximate date for when the stuff is gonna be released. I would much rather they provided a specific date, and then if they need more time they can be like "hey so this is gonna take a little longer, it will be released on xx/xx instead, sorry guys". And let the kids whine.

I understand if it's like "we're planning to do this some time in the next six months so we can't provide an exact date yet". But this is not the case. They released the update in the PTB. We're not talking about a six months period.

I've been waiting the past three weeks for them to make some sort of statement about when the update is coming. And then they have the nerve to complain when people take the word from DBDLeaks?

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

I would much rather they provided a specific date, and then if they need more time they can be like "hey so this is gonna take a little longer, it will be released on xx/xx instead, sorry guys". And let the kids whine.

As every other sane person in real life would.

But we're on the internet, and usually here the voice of the whining kids is heard more than the voice of reasonable people for..reasons

"News" websites would love to write clickbait articles titled "Major DbD update gets delayed, what is BHVR doing?" because that gets a lot of attention from the whiny kids, and having that kind of advertisement is not good for the game image

I do agree tho that they could have said something along the lines of "The mid-chapter update will drop within the first two weeks of February", but apparently BHVR has still to find the balance between communicating too much details and not communicating them at all (still, I think a big role in this is played by the community responses)

I'm not sure they ever complained about people taking the word from DBDLeaks tho? I think the only thing they said about it was "Yeah, you read it from an unofficial page, it doesn't mean it's true, please don't write about it in the official forums"

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Behavior literally never even announced that today was the day it was going live... Sooo