If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Yui the Killer (look at new trailer for Tome IV DIVERGENCE)

Options
Yarheeguy
Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101

So if you look at the new trailer for the next tome, you might notice the video reveals the one I dubbed 'Yui the Killer', killing an old lady while there's 6 other corpses.

I want to have a discussion about it here:

I believe Yui's memories in the next archives is going to be an alternative universe where she becomes a killer

In the lore in the character backstory, after having trauma after she was assaulted by a stalker, her gang helped her get through rehabilitation, which made Yui become a supporter to other women and her gang formed as the Sakura 7, which had 7 members including Yui.

Maybe in these memories, the gang never supported her and she had to go through rehabilitation by herself, without support and being in heavy debt, Yui snaps and become a psychopath, killing her gangs and her grandmother due to her feeling betrayed and never helped her when she needed it.

Notice how there's 6 bodies in front of the Observer, maybe that's the corpses of the 6 of the Sakura 7, all murdered by Yui.

Hell, maybe there's a killer Yui in the realm and we didn't notice.

what do you guys think?

Comments

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

It kinda makes sense in some way,but i think imo,it's an alternative universe,or the story is some kind of reboot,like the legion tome one

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

I'm not sure we'll ever know the story behind that. Most cinematics that happen in the archive trailer are not related (or are barely related) to the story within the archives. The most obvious one being Tome 3. We still don't know much about that cinematic but we saw it.

• xSymantha
    xSymantha Member Posts: 58
    Options

It's definitely very interesting. Hope to see the cinematic expanded upon in this Tome!

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

Does this include the old woman as well?

Is she Yui, but old?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,550
    Options

maybe its that mind control killer people have been screaming for?

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

It could be that it's old memories, rather than an old Yui, but we'll have to wait and see for what this all actually means.

• kynac
    kynac Member Posts: 6
    Options

I think im going with "The King" 's theory. He said that the survivors killed people and were horrible and the killers suffered so they get their revenge.

Kind of like a reverse in roles kind of thing to feed off pain and suffering

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

I'd say the better theory is the alternate timelines one. (I mean, c'mon, the trailer literally spells it out) The survivors we know weren't horrible people (no saints either, but you catch my drift) and neither were most killers (see the threads about how many killers got tricked into serving the entity). The entity picks them because they have the biggest potential when pitted against each other.

The killer!yui and her other selves might be some... training ground? Like the entity checking if these alternate versions of what it's got already are worth it?

So this might be a hint to a roleswap chapter? maybe?

• kynac
    kynac Member Posts: 6
    Options

Agreed.

The king said that it was multiple reality's, hence in a lobby you can see your exact self and have a full SWF of nea's that look identical.

• Itsprobablyleo
    Itsprobablyleo Member Posts: 2
    Options

It is heavily implied that the old woman Is yui as well. since we know that it was evil yui who killed the other yuis. it seemed like old yui was going to kill herself before evil yui could kill her but couldn't bring herself to do it, another question is how she knew that evil yui was coming after her.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Maybe they're all yui from another universes and the old lady is just yui as a grandma

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

okay look ahead on the cutscene...

turns out this tome isn't about Yui the Killer...

what the hell?