Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Did the devs ever say why they're changing DS?

Terro
Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I'm just curious if they said why they're changing it. Was there something in their data that rised a flag that said hey we gotta change DS... oh yeah we'll also look at OOO too.

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Probably community feedback. Those two perks have been ever so slightly... Umm, there's no polite way to accurately describe it, so I'll just stop using my imagination and say "controversial".

That being said, the OoO changes are not final, and it doesn't seem like they want to make the perk weaker, just less... invasive.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well in 100 matches it was (at least) 300 times present. So it's safe to say, that it's overused.

Also the survivor queues have been suffering for the last months. So they had to do something.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2021

Long story short: because Decisive Strike was always meant to be a defensive perk to protect someone from being tunneled, yet it can be used aggressively to make plays in the killer's face knowing you couldn't be hooked for a while. This create some very frustrating scenarios that have been complained about for ages, especially against experienced survivors or SWF who know exactly how to milk every second of the perk.

So the devs solution is a rather blunt one. If you make a play after being unhooked (in the sense of something helpfull for your team), your DS will deactivate. Lockers don't count, so you can still hop in lockers to force actual tunnelers to waste time or eat DS.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its not hard to imagine why a perk that can help the survivors when it is not even in would get a nerf.

Aka if there's an obsession the killer HAS TO respect a possible DS even if there are none in said game giving survivors much more time then they would have otherwise.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

I feel like 99% of the reason why DS gets changed is the survivor queue.

Current DS has been existed for more than one year, why they choose to change it only until now? Answer is simple, because so many killers leave recently, and they need to stop it for survivors.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

In a previous Q&A stream it was asked "DS nerf when?" from the community. The answer given was along the lines of, it's a controversial perk that they have to be careful balancing but they are looking at ways to make it less abuseable.

Basically they finally listened to community feedback.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

To save face.