Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you could create, add, or change any survivor or killer, who, or what would it be?

I would love to have Jason in this game. I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love it if it did.

Comments

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

I'd add Harry Warden (my bloody valentine) or a Magician killer.

• Venom
    Venom Member Posts: 32

100% a Chucky themed killer. I know basic 3ft Chucky most likely wouldn’t work but they could do something clever if they put some effort into it. I like Saminations idea to have him be paired with a human Tiffany that will be able to hook and chase survivors.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Alright since everyone here is going to pick a movie killer I would like to add an original concept

What I want is a Rail conductor. I think it would be pretty interesting to  See a ghost zombie.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'd make Nightmare be able to go into a Sprint Mode.

When pressing and holding Control, you go into Sprint Mode.
    It would be about as fast as switching modes as the Doctor.
    This mode will allow you to walk just as fast as a Hillbilly while using his Chainsaw.
    You can't do anything but walk and look around while in this mode.
    While in this mode, you can walk through anything except the map boundaries and hills.
    To exit the mode, you press and hold Control again.
    Survivors who aren't asleep can't see you, whether you're in Sprint Mode or not.
    Survivors who are asleep can see you, but will see you as a blurry version of the Nightmare if you're in Sprint Mode.

Time to make the Nightmare actually dangerous! ;)

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Would love to see Pumpkinhead make an appearance. He would fit in with the Lore perfectly, but could be a struggle fitting a 9ft demon in the game....

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86

@Techn0 said:
    I'd add Harry Warden (my bloody valentine)

I was just thinking this before even clicking this thread. Harry Warden in this game would be perfect

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

All I want is a pirate killer

• Flare2V
    Flare2V Member Posts: 3

I'd love hillbilly chainsaw flick to come back

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33

For awhile now, I've been working on a fan made killer known as "The Doll". I'm not going to go into details about her right now (still a work in progress), but she is a survivor turned killer.

• Angie
    Angie Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2018

@Valkari said:
    For awhile now, I've been working on a fan made killer known as "The Doll". I'm not going to go into details about her right now (still a work in progress), but she is a survivor turned killer.

Honestly would love to see this fully published with lore and all.
    Really nice concept just from reading the name and who she is.

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33

@Angie said:

@Valkari said:

Honestly would love to see this fully published with lore and all.
    Really nice concept just from reading the name and who she is.

Thank you~ I had planned on releasing it on the Steam forums and Reddit months ago once it's ready, but being there's an official forum now, it'll definitely be on here as well. I have been working on everything, both play style and lore.

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57

Because I'm a trappy boi main, I'd love to just change his addons to something that could help him out a bit more. I have no idea what they might include, but that's what the devs have their creative team for lol

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149

I would make Bill's holster actually carry a gun

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

Add Pennywise the clown as a killer.

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Add Pennywise the clown as a killer.

Not positive but I think they said they're not going to add any clowns. But again, don't quote me on that

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Basically - change every killer's ability so that it enhances tracking/hunting/downing survivors - at least those

BIlly/Huntress/Nurse/Doc already have that in one way or another

These are just some thoughts i had about them and i also tried to made these thoughts fit with the specific character - also every killer should have a passive ability - these are abilities that are like perks but give the killer a bit more unique feeling.

Starting with Leatherface - as an angry and confused and obviously not mentally stable person - let him rage a little more.
    Enhanced bubba saw: bursting pallets with the chainsaw sends wood splinters and nails and all the stuff pallets are made of in all directons - if a survivor is within this range he gets hindered/blind for x seconds/minutes.
    Passive: Arousal - getting in contact with blood - on the floor or after hurting/downing/hooking survivors he feels satisfied - reducing his terror radius and red cone.

Trapper - a very well designed character but very slow in the early game and very prone to people that try to sabo/disarm every single trap.
    First of all - the traps a a bit wonky - there are many angles and ways to avoid it if not perfectly set up. Imo in a fast game this shouldnt be a risk and its also pretty "meh" to adjust yourself 5 times infront of a window to make sure the vivor dont just vaults over it. Traps are also very easy and fast disarmed. They are pretty exciting to play gainst cause you never want to go where a trapper came from - i personally like that.

Enhanced Traps: Once the Trial starts - all traps are already armed at spots where you can either see them or in grass - since its the entities playground she could do the trapper a little favour to support the bloodshed.
    The Trapper can arm the trapps while moving and throw them at a specific location (this would work like nurse blink) - while doing so he is slowed a bit but it actually enhances his chasing and he wont end up being disappointed the survivor didnt chose to run to the place where he placed traps previously.

Passive: Fathers Legacy - tough childhood and management of the family bizz made him very determined in what he is doing - but seeing the trial as a "whole" he also learned that there are many ways to be efficient - after hitting 2 different survivors, his next attack insta-downs the survivor he hit first - this exposed debuff will last til a person is hooked - this is a way to play around SC and excessive amount of healing (siringes/medkits etc)

Wraith Imo the killer with the most potential , yet very wonky and an ability that doesnt support the way emblems work and how clever survivors operate.

Enhanced Wailing Bell - the bell as his characteristic "touch" should be a harbinger of death - If you hear it - you should be afraid of death.
    First of all - i dont like the idea that windstorm is in the standard kit and i dont like how very relevant it is so have it equipped.
    Wraith is completely invisible - no shimmer - also the bell can be heard over the whole map. The Wraith remains invisible while ringing the bell - in my version of the story the bell is SUPER loud if you are right next to it and has to be absolutely locateable so you know "damn he is uncloaking right next to me or behind a wall next to me" or "hes far far away im safe".

Passive: Doomed: Survivors that are within x yards after the final chime (that is very very loud) get doomed. This is a way to make the bell useable at the start of a chase and give an adventage for using it properly . A doomed survivor is scared of immediate death and acts illogical. He breaths/moans loader and also laments (a new sound that is very easily locateable and cant be avoided by iron will) . He can not fast vault anymore and if wounded - blood might covers surroundings as well (has to be optimized tho).

Hag - while anthropomorphic - she shows her wild side when using her mori - so why cant she act more like a bloodthirsty beast ? Also - the traps have no penalty for mindlessly triggering them - but we are talking about a "witch" here !

Enfanced Catalyst: Survivors that trigger a trap are marked and their aura is shown if they are outside of a x yard range. Cursed survivors cant read auras and cant use items (they drop items at the location they get cursed) for x seconds.
    After triggering another trap, already cursed survivors lose one health-state- only works on healthy survivors.
    You cant place traps next to each other - there has to be a x yard range between them - omnidirectional so its not worthless on maps like gideons.

Passive: Bloodthirsty: While/After being in a chase and losing at least 2 stacks of Bloodlust due to destroying a pallet - Lisa can vault over the next pallet that is in her way (this can have a cool animation like her jumping on the ceiling and down on the floor again - sorry design team).
    The "range" mechanic also "counters" the classic hag-house-of-fun in the basement and making it basically impossible to escape once trapped there even tho its a mistake to actually get hooked down there - its not fun for both (setting 20 traps on the staircase as well as hanging there waiting for the 20 traps to be set)

Myers - I really like his design - but while hes easy to learn there is not much to master besides the basic mindgames - so i tried to give one myers a way to perform "better" than others.

Enhanced Evil Within: whenever stalking survivors, myers gets an increasing action speed on vaulting, breaking pallets etc. That means - the longer a survivor lets him stalk - the stronger he gets against THAT specific survivor. This is to counter the "ima stalk that dude then i go across the map to trigger the 99% on the other dude"-standard-myers-playstyle and make it usable during chases.

Mark of Thorn: Myers is THE unstopable killer - after being in a chase for x seconds - pallets that would stun him get destroyed and instead of stunning, they slow him for x % for x sec. I agree there are a lot of variables but i just really love the idea of him being the unstopable brute we know from the movies (even the non-kanon ones)

Freddy - well so much potential - but hard to execute without making him absurdly overpowered - this is a very tough one.
    First of all - freddy should be able to pick up a downed survivor if the survivor is being healed without having to sleep/hit/kill the probably 3 people healing that survivor

Enhanced Dream Demon:
    Extra-action-button model 1: After reaching a specific amount of bloodlust stacks or after being stunned by a pallet - pretty much designers choice - freddy might lunge over objects like trucks or pallets, extending the length of his arms.

Extra-action-button model 2: Freddy can teleport in a locker of his choice in x yard range - if there is a survivor in they are immediately in dying state (maybe with a nice splatter/gore animation)- if there is a survivor nearby he can jump out of the locker with the amount of bloodlust stacks he had after his last chase ended without hitting a survivor - if there is noone in the locker or nearby - he casually leavs the locker like a survivor (size should fit anyway)

Passive: Living on in memories: After waking up a sleeping Survivor - the next locker you enter, the next gen you touch, the next chest you open etc will give a signal to freddy (like the destroyed-ruin-one i dont know)

Pig - while amanda is pretty niche and has an above average skillcap- she suffers from the same problems as the other killers that can easily be looped. so id only give her a passive:
    Passive: Poisoned Blade - Not willing to learn from her lessions - survivors deserve a slow and painful death.
    Poison adds another health state to the game that can be removed my moving/running around (metabolism and stuff) - This makes target-switching an attractive alternative to tunneling and punishs brave altruists. Once poisoned Survivors have a blurred vision (like nurse-fatigue) and cant read auras (or whatever)

• USADave85
    USADave85 Member Posts: 8

@Boss said:
    I'd make Nightmare be able to go into a Sprint Mode.

When pressing and holding Control, you go into Sprint Mode.
    It would be about as fast as switching modes as the Doctor.
    This mode will allow you to walk just as fast as a Hillbilly while using his Chainsaw.
    You can't do anything but walk and look around while in this mode.
    While in this mode, you can walk through anything except the map boundaries and hills.
    To exit the mode, you press and hold Control again.
    Survivors who aren't asleep can't see you, whether you're in Sprint Mode or not.
    Survivors who are asleep can see you, but will see you as a blurry version of the Nightmare if you're in Sprint Mode.

Time to make the Nightmare actually dangerous! ;)

If any killer should be allowed to teleport, it's freddy. I'm not sure how the Nurse teleporting makes sense.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Personally I'd love to see a bit of half and half with a concept: The Cenobite. However the actual design would be an original character, just using the lore and concepts from Clive Barker. A killer focused on pain mechanics to some degree. Would need work but that would be cool.
  • Vecors

Basically - change every killer's ability so that it enhances tracking/hunting/downing survivors - at least those

These are just some thoughts i had about them and i also tried to made these thoughts fit with the specific character - also every killer should have a passive ability - these are abilities that are like perks but give the killer a bit more unique feeling.

Starting with Leatherface - as an angry and confused and obviously not mentally stable person - let him rage a little more.
    Enhanced bubba saw: bursting pallets with the chainsaw sends wood splinters and nails and all the stuff pallets are made of in all directons - if a survivor is within this range he gets hindered/blind for x seconds/minutes.
    Passive: Arousal - getting in contact with blood - on the floor or after hurting/downing/hooking survivors he feels satisfied - reducing his terror radius and red cone.

Trapper - a very well designed character but very slow in the early game and very prone to people that try to sabo/disarm every single trap.
    First of all - the traps a a bit wonky - there are many angles and ways to avoid it if not perfectly set up. Imo in a fast game this shouldnt be a risk and its also pretty "meh" to adjust yourself 5 times infront of a window to make sure the vivor dont just vaults over it. Traps are also very easy and fast disarmed. They are pretty exciting to play gainst cause you never want to go where a trapper came from - i personally like that.

Enhanced Traps: Once the Trial starts - all traps are already armed at spots where you can either see them or in grass - since its the entities playground she could do the trapper a little favour to support the bloodshed.
    The Trapper can arm the trapps while moving and throw them at a specific location (this would work like nurse blink) - while doing so he is slowed a bit but it actually enhances his chasing and he wont end up being disappointed the survivor didnt chose to run to the place where he placed traps previously.

Passive: Fathers Legacy - tough childhood and management of the family bizz made him very determined in what he is doing - but seeing the trial as a "whole" he also learned that there are many ways to be efficient - after hitting 2 different survivors, his next attack insta-downs the survivor he hit first - this exposed debuff will last til a person is hooked - this is a way to play around SC and excessive amount of healing (siringes/medkits etc)

Wraith Imo the killer with the most potential , yet very wonky and an ability that doesnt support the way emblems work and how clever survivors operate.

Enhanced Wailing Bell - the bell as his characteristic "touch" should be a harbinger of death - If you hear it - you should be afraid of death.
    First of all - i dont like the idea that windstorm is in the standard kit and i dont like how very relevant it is so have it equipped.
    Wraith is completely invisible - no shimmer - also the bell can be heard over the whole map. The Wraith remains invisible while ringing the bell - in my version of the story the bell is SUPER loud if you are right next to it and has to be absolutely locateable so you know "damn he is uncloaking right next to me or behind a wall next to me" or "hes far far away im safe".

Passive: Doomed: Survivors that are within x yards after the final chime (that is very very loud) get doomed. This is a way to make the bell useable at the start of a chase and give an adventage for using it properly . A doomed survivor is scared of immediate death and acts illogical. He breaths/moans loader and also laments (a new sound that is very easily locateable and cant be avoided by iron will) . He can not fast vault anymore and if wounded - blood might covers surroundings as well (has to be optimized tho).

Hag - while anthropomorphic - she shows her wild side when using her mori - so why cant she act more like a bloodthirsty beast ? Also - the traps have no penalty for mindlessly triggering them - but we are talking about a "witch" here !

Enfanced Catalyst: Survivors that trigger a trap are marked and their aura is shown if they are outside of a x yard range. Cursed survivors cant read auras and cant use items (they drop items at the location they get cursed) for x seconds.
    After triggering another trap, already cursed survivors lose one health-state- only works on healthy survivors.
    You cant place traps next to each other - there has to be a x yard range between them - omnidirectional so its not worthless on maps like gideons.

Passive: Bloodthirsty: While/After being in a chase and losing at least 2 stacks of Bloodlust due to destroying a pallet - Lisa can vault over the next pallet that is in her way (this can have a cool animation like her jumping on the ceiling and down on the floor again - sorry design team).
    The "range" mechanic also "counters" the classic hag-house-of-fun in the basement and making it basically impossible to escape once trapped there even tho its a mistake to actually get hooked down there - its not fun for both (setting 20 traps on the staircase as well as hanging there waiting for the 20 traps to be set)

Myers - I really like his design - but while hes easy to learn there is not much to master besides the basic mindgames - so i tried to give one myers a way to perform "better" than others.

Enhanced Evil Within: whenever stalking survivors, myers gets an increasing action speed on vaulting, breaking pallets etc. That means - the longer a survivor lets him stalk - the stronger he gets against THAT specific survivor. This is to counter the "ima stalk that dude then i go across the map to trigger the 99% on the other dude"-standard-myers-playstyle and make it usable during chases.

Mark of Thorn: Myers is THE unstopable killer - after being in a chase for x seconds - pallets that would stun him get destroyed and instead of stunning, they slow him for x % for x sec. I agree there are a lot of variables but i just really love the idea of him being the unstopable brute we know from the movies (even the non-kanon ones)

Freddy - well so much potential - but hard to execute without making him absurdly overpowered - this is a very tough one.
    First of all - freddy should be able to pick up a downed survivor if the survivor is being healed without having to sleep/hit/kill the probably 3 people healing that survivor

Enhanced Dream Demon:
    Extra-action-button model 1: After reaching a specific amount of bloodlust stacks or after being stunned by a pallet - pretty much designers choice - freddy might lunge over objects like trucks or pallets, extending the length of his arms.

Extra-action-button model 2: Freddy can teleport in a locker of his choice in x yard range - if there is a survivor in they are immediately in dying state (maybe with a nice splatter/gore animation)- if there is a survivor nearby he can jump out of the locker with the amount of bloodlust stacks he had after his last chase ended without hitting a survivor - if there is noone in the locker or nearby - he casually leavs the locker like a survivor (size should fit anyway)

Passive: Living on in memories: After waking up a sleeping Survivor - the next locker you enter, the next gen you touch, the next chest you open etc will give a signal to freddy (like the destroyed-ruin-one i dont know)

Pig - while amanda is pretty niche and has an above average skillcap- she suffers from the same problems as the other killers that can easily be looped. so id only give her a passive:
    Passive: Poisoned Blade - Not willing to learn from her lessions - survivors deserve a slow and painful death.
    Poison adds another health state to the game that can be removed my moving/running around (metabolism and stuff) - This makes target-switching an attractive alternative to tunneling and punishs brave altruists. Once poisoned Survivors have a blurred vision (like nurse-fatigue) and cant read auras (or whatever)

• Vecors

Enhanced Dream Demon:

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

I would make wraith totally invisible and way faster in cloak. I would also make a passive where ringing the bell halfway makes survivors withing 10 meters make a slight noise and/or make them unable to drop pallets for a second

• Vecors
    edited May 2018

Would some mod kindly remove 2 of the 3 posts from myself ? Something got out of hand here and i cant delete them myself.

• Doctor_Derek
    Doctor_Derek Member Posts: 93

I'd make a werewolf that can look like one of the survivors, even pretend to help with gens. Wait for the best moment to transform and then KILL. The mori would just rip them to shreds American Werewolf in London style!

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2018

@USADave85 said:
    If any killer should be allowed to teleport, it's freddy. I'm not sure how the Nurse teleporting makes sense.

Nurse was introduced as a way for killers to counter infinities.

Also her entire gimmick is a ghostly presence. Makes sense since ghost in films have a tendency to appear and disappear.

For example;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6pLDpbGw8

• BPSai
    BPSai Member Posts: 7
    I would love to see new or even updated mori’s for the killers. Like with the trapper have him catch the survivor and put them in a bear trap (or have it so they step in the bear trap) and have him stab them in the chest from the front or the back. That’s just an idea but I’d love to see new mori’s because some are very similar.
  • WebMonkey
    WebMonkey Member Posts: 28

I'd make a werewolf that can look like one of the survivors, even pretend to help with gens. Wait for the best moment to transform and then KILL. The mori would just rip them to shreds American Werewolf in London style!

I seriously thought that the new killer was some kind of doppelganger (with all those different fingers). This would be a very cool dynamic and save the team on new killer art. 😉

Or put some kind of eye effect like something from the movie Oculus, when the killer has been revealed. 
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    A fur suiter as either