If you would have heard us loud and clear after the PTB this clusterf... could have been avoided.

Time to start listening more to your own players perhaps? You know, the ones who actually play the game every day. This all happened because of the devs (not all but definitely enough of them) stubbornness thinking they would ship the changes regardless of anyone liking them. That was a big ######### you to everyone who took the time to give them feedback.

This is yet another unforced error just like the color blind fiasco. At this point it seems half of their team is devoted to damage control because of these things happening again and again.

And of course meanwhile a certain game director is bragging on twitter about BHVR being "a company that constantly asks itself how to do better". While I'm glad Behaviour is a great place to work, I kinda wish they got serious about their quality control.

The lack of self-awareness is real.

Comments

• KRG
    KRG Member Posts: 96

+1

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103

Haven't played all day today...not feeling it after this update

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Yep, they've said this after they've pushed changes yet again. It literally proves they still don't take the feedback into account until it's too late and that ######### blows my mind (or better yet they don't even look at the feedback because they said they "hear [us] loud and clear" which suggests they had no idea about our concerns)

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

I'll have to disagree.

The problem isn't that the devs didn't listen to the players, it's the fact that they didn't realized what they were doing was a mistake.

Any decent UI designer could have told you that was a bad UI design, no need for a player to point that out.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

They are in damage control mode. After the Twin Fiasco followed shortly by UIGate, they know people are not happy. The really sad thing is that while hit boxes and bugs are a problem, more has been said about the awful UI and the numerous excuses they are trying to give for why they can't/won't change it back. The stubborness and pride is honestly impressive in how much they won't move on it.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2021

The PTB was basically just telling the player base that "this is how it's going to be, get used to it." It was always going to go live. When it became apparent that the player base hated it, they said that they only had 3-4 days to do something about it. And in those 3-4 days they chose to adjust the terrible UI for colorblind players (when injured, instead of glowing red, there is a slash on the icon now).

It is just incredibly baffling to me that they would change the UI at all. It's even more baffling to me that they didn't show the community their ideas before putting resources into it, so that their "months of work" could have actually included player input.