Random perks game mode

Options
DepravedKiller
DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi,

This most likely has been suggested before but for a new game mode that dev's can easily put together in no time is a game mode where both the Killer and Survivors are given random perks, even if they don't own them.

Each player still gets to pick the Killer and Survivor, could also be great way to level others you wouldn't otherwise

It can be the same rules as the normal game play but makes it a different experience. Also great if you get to try a perk you don't own

Just my thought/wish

Post edited by DepravedKiller on

Comments

• Yossarian
    Yossarian Member Posts: 7
    Options

I've heard this suggested before but really support this idea. The game really could use a mode like this. I honestly wouldn't even mind if killer and survivor picks were also random in this mode. Ideally one of the outcomes is also base perks only against base perks only.

IMHO there needs to be some kind of mode that makes a serious attempt at leveling the playing field between players of different experience levels. Granted a swat team of survivors is always going to beat an inexperienced killer (and vice versa) but when the perks are completely stacked against you as well it makes it even harder to legitimately learn anything from the match.

• HeyItsSolomon
    HeyItsSolomon Member Posts: 16
    Options

I love this idea. Maybe even go a step further and have a perk draft before the match, if it could be done in a timely enough fashion...

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60
    Options

I love the idea, but I think it should be ALL random. What I mean is, even your character and items and their addons are completely random as well.

Like you queue, and instead of joining a lobby, you join and as soon as it is full it ready's up. I think it would insanely fun for Killers and Survivors to have completely random skins, outfits, perks, items, addons and offerings.

Also I feel like it should randomize all players into a 25% chance to play as Killer. Even if it's 4 man SWF. Also this should be UNRANKED and only award 50% normal blood points.

• ArchangelVakarian
    ArchangelVakarian Member Posts: 5
    Options

I like this idea, but not random characters. I've never enjoyed modes that force random characters, but that's just me. Would be cool regardless.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

I watch a few popular streamers/youtubers play with a game concept known as perk roulette, where it's basically this idea.

I decided to give this ago myself and i'm really enjoying it. I was like "OMG Deja Vu is a really good perk for me as i never have any idea where gen's are"
    Also alert helps me juke the killer.

Bumping this idea as i'm hoping others will try the concept or also agree with this idea