We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Proposal: Increase Penalty for Disconnecting

As we know, there are players out there who will intentionally disconnect from a match to prevent a loss. This comes from both Survivors and Killers. I, for one, am sick of it. Losing a match because my teammate decided they didn't want to play and it became a 3 v 1 or doing really well as a killer only to have the last person disconnect and render your entire match moot is unfair, plain and simple. I understand there is a glaring problem with this and that is that sometimes peoples' internet drops. This happens to me too, I even have a cable plugged in. My idea is this: give people a limited number of disconnects per month and once they surpass that number, they're banned until the next 13th from gameplay. This kind of poor sportsmanship is a huge and noticeably increasing problem in the game. I'm tired of getting 3 or 4 kills per game as a Killer using Pudding only to have it torn away because the last person messed up the whole match. Their teammates suffer for this too. I'm tired of starting a match against either a Spirit or a Nurse when I use Cake just to have someone else randomly disconnect and leave the rest of us with 5 gens to do. The Killer gets less points for this as well.

Maybe my idea is a bit too strong, especially since I'm typing this from a place of anger. I'm trying not to let my anger show too much here because I really do think this is a consistent and serious problem. But something needs to be done about this. Punishment needs to be increased or everybody will have to play with these upsettingly infrequent occurrences.

I'm open to discussion about this to see if it gains any traction.

Comments