The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unpopular DBD opinions thread

Thread's been made many times, don't know how many to say like 3.0, 4.0, whichever. Let's restrict it to the game of DBD only please and refrain from talking about specific players/streamers/people or indirectly throwing stones at anyone

I'll go first:

• DH is more problematic and uncounterable than current DS
  • Whispers is a better tracking perk than BBQ

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Borrowed Time is overtuned.

Corrupt can be better than PGTW.

• LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 146

No Mither Is S Tier perk.

Devs should add The blob from 1958 film "The blob".

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205

Wraith and Twins are actually pretty great

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Honestly, I think most people would agree BBQ is not as good of a tracking perk but bonus bloodpoints is what people like about it.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

-Hatch shouldn't spawn opened for last survivor, especially for games where no gens get done. It indirectly penalizes killers for doing their jobs well.

-Clown is much better than people give credit (and his new bottle was an unnecessary change, but reload speed was needed)

-spies from the shadows is a great tracking perk thats super underutilized

-Its totally acceptable to suicide hook if you wait a long time and your team makes no effort to save you or move towards you (even if killer is not facecamping)

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Nurses lunge needs to be nerfed.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Deathslinger is like nurse if she was balanced

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

The wraith is actually a decent killer

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Powers shouldn't be able to be countered by perks or items and vice versa. They should be partially counterable by strategy, but not to the point that the item/perk/item becomes completely worthless.

Breakable walls should be replaced with doors that open fast for the killer but slow for the survivors.

A FNAF chapter is not an inherently bad idea.

The Devs are intentionally making the game toxic while pretending that it can't be fixed without ruining the game.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Nurse is not the hardest killer to play, she's just one of the hardest to learn, and you don't even need to be that good with her to 4k the significant majority of trials.

Trapper is the weakest killer in the game and even basekit Trapper Sack can't save him, it will just make him nicer to play.

Iron Will is unfair with the current tracking tools that killers have.

Survivors should have the ability to pick themselves up be basekit to prevent hardcore slugging, but not Unbreakable-style where you just get it for free.

Medkits are insanely strong but that's probably okay.

Deathslinger is one of the hardest killers in the game to play and transferable skills don't make that any less true. That doesn't make him fair, however.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The game is..

Was in a pretty good state.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2021

Killer isn't as impossibly difficult as some make it seem.

Dead Hard usually has a greater impact on a match than DS does.

For how many variables the game has, it's actually surprisingly well balanced.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 456
    edited February 2021

Endgame collapse was better when it would randomly kill everyone while there was still time remaining on the meter.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

People in this community have overused the word "entitled" so much that it lost it's meaning.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

- this forum is killer sided than survivor sided

- killer is more balanced than ever

- bbq is not OP

- myers need buff

- trappers need buff

- killer tunnel and slug more than they want to admit

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Legion is actually a very good killer.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

This game is only popular because it empowers bullying.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

360s, no matter how counterable they are, are an exploit that needs to be completely removed. Exploits that hurt the performance of two platforms (in this case last gen consoles) should have no place in this game. Not everyone is lucky or rich enough to get a PS5 or Series X.

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79
    edited February 2021

People underestimate the level of skill required to be good with Spirit. Even when using a headset, not being able to see survivors while phasing makes using this killer more challenging than, say, Wraith or Trapper.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Exit Gates should have their own tile they spawn in, like Léry's, Gideon Meat Plant, and Midwitch Elementary School (Pyramid Head's Map)! 😁

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

The game is mostly balanced most of the time (not talking bugs)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

DH is uncounterable. And Whispers and BBQ are about the same strength.

• danielmaster87

Hatch is survivor sided and overpowered.

• Kellie

It's only survivor sided when they have key's and there's more than 2 survivors left. Other than that is pretty killer sided.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546
    edited February 2021

Pig is A tier killer

Ruin nerf wasn't needed

Spirit is hard to learn... She's more like nurse

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

When you play against "skilled players", it feels like you are facing perks rather than people.

• danielmaster87

But if I'm survivor and no gens got done, I still get a chance to escape as long as I happen to be the last one left. And that escape causes the killer to get a black pip instead of a pip. Seems pretty survivor sided to me.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

BBQ and Chili is not a good perk and would rarely be used if it didn't give bonus blood points.

• danielmaster87

Pig is one of the few killers like Leatherface that can just choose to guarantee 1 kill whenever they want, by tunneling the person with a head trap. I don't think that makes her A though.

Ruin nerf was a give and take. I liked the slowdown of the original but I detested those red skill checks. The new one is almost more annoying because you let gens at 50% go back to 0 and lose the whole game.

And then Spirit, she's not as hard to play as Nurse. You just need Stridor and some headphones.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

I agree DH, when used right, is uncounterable.

It depends on what map whether Whispers is on the same playing field as BBQ. On multi-level maps Whispers basically becomes useless. However so does BBQ when survivors routinely hide in lockers to prevent their aura from being seen.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Those are my unpopular opinions though...

Yes a bad Pig player will chose to do that... the better ones don't (I did that once cause I saw the survivor with an active trap on repairing a gen... so I thought I'd teach him to get the trap off first)

Bad survivors needed something to get good at to get high ranks (looping isn't it)

Just because you have a headset doesn't mean you're a good Spirit player... You still need to learn her power, how each addon affects it and how survivors chose to play around her existing

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79
    edited February 2021

While I agree that Spirit is not as hard to play as Nurse, I certainly don't think she's one of the easier killers to pick up and play. In fact, I would say she's only one notch below Nurse and Blight in terms of level of difficulty and ease of use.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Ranks should be removed as long they are no indicator for skill.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Legion and Clown are actually really good killers.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

DS is fine.

Pyramid Head is extremely overpowered.

MoM can still work.

Dwight players are usually good.

• Kellie

And the killer has an option to close it. Then the exit gates get powered, but since most of the time both exit gates are within LoS the killer can see which one is getting worked on and will go to that one.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited February 2021

DbD is an RTS game with time as the only available resource.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Tunneling is mostly the survivors fault. Same as camping.

Genrush is in most cases the killers fault.

Toxicity is a selling point of this game.

Noed and DS are rewarding you for playing bad.

• grunt7554
    grunt7554 Member Posts: 38

Nurse needs to be either completely reworked or just removed from the game

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Freddy is fun to go against if he doesn't have slowdown addons.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Despite many many bugs the game is still perfectly playable in its current state. On both sides. Last chapter release was worse.

The devs actually listen to community feedback and are communicating with us. The only problems are they are very slow (especially in bug fixing/general QA and QoL improvements) and many in the community love to hate on the devs.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

The best killers to face are Freddy, Hag, spirit and nurse. They are the ones that feel consistently scary and actually get the blood pumping. If I didn't want to be scared from time to time as a survivor, I would just go back to Overwatch.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

We'll Make It is one of the best survivor perks

Clown is incredibly underrated

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Farming is fun