Is there really anything you can do to counter nurse?

2»

Comments

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

It's not unfair considering there might be a dozen people that are good with her. Her base speed is also slow as molasses so if the player can't blink correctly then survivors get easy win.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I'm sorry I didn't think this post would be revived again

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2021

It heavily depends on the skill and add-ons of the Nurse. It's easier to understand from the Nurse's point of view.

Depending on distance, LOS, predictability of survivor movement and terrain, the chance Nurse gets a hit changes considerably. (e.g., A good Nurse probably has a 40% chance of hitting you from 20m behind LOS, and 75% if in filler pallet at 15m.

You want to force Nurse to have the lowest percentage play. Generally, this is best achieved by distance, unpredictability, LOS in that order. So you want to maximize all those in your favor whenever possible.

The problem isn't that Nurse is hard to counterplay if you know what you're doing, its her add-ons to make it hard. With double recharge she can force you into a 70/30 off fatigue whereas with no add-ons, it's probably closer to 50/50 where you have significant time to make distance. For example, I play Nurse without perks and add-ons so I'll almost never take a low percentage play since I'll basically lose the game if I miss two blinks (survivor makes 20m of distance and I have 30% chance of getting next hit), whereas with double recharge it doesn't matter because you can immediately chase after missing.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

The amount of hits i got in with nurse, while i ######### up a blink i wanted to go elsewhere, is ridicolous xd

The best way to learn to play against nurse is, to play with nurse.

• asirirsprime
    asirirsprime Member Posts: 100

think about it, nurse spent way more time to master her skill. You can't outmaster it from a single try. But boxes, rocks, everything that she can hit instead of you works nice

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited November 2021

Honestly, just learn how she/he plays Nurse and adapt, that's what I do. And it actually works pretty well, even against good Nurses. Nurse is also one of those killers you have to play yourself to understand most of the Nurses mindsets.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Just DC lmao, a good nurse will catch you, whether you’re the best survivor in the game or not. Best thing to do is to hide as much as possible to get time to work on gens.