Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Demogorgon/Blight Power Pausing Exploit

Puffy
Puffy Member Posts: 13

Recently I discovered an exploitable bug involving the Demogorgon's Shred. I had made a post about it prior but failed to convey what the bug actually was, and was disregarded as it was assumed i was talking about a bug that was recently fixed.

On top of this, I've now discovered this bug actually carries over to The Blight's Lethal Rush ability and is even more impactful on him.

The bug described in this post provides an actual in-game advantage, unlike the other bug using the ESC menu that was utilized for auto-holding a button.

This is an abuse-able bug for these characters, as both of these abilities reward accuracy and heavily punish inaccuracy by forcing the character to move for the entire length of the ability. The glitch allows for the punishing aspects of these abilities to be avoided, and in the case of the Blight can be utilized for offensive means to allow for easier downing during every single chase in the match.

Description of the issue:

The Demogorgon and Blight remain stationary when the ESC Menu is opened, extending to their signature abilities that aren't intended to be stoppable by anything aside from map geometry.

Steps to reproduce:

For Demogorgon, hold right click, tap left click, then hit ESC before The Demogorgon has traversed the entire distance. Demogorgon will continue performing the dive animation and will stop moving entirely.

For Blight, press right click and then hit ESC before the ability is completed. The Blight will begin to run in place, as if on a treadmill, with the ability active. This applies for both Blighted and Lethal Rushes.

Hitting ESC again will resume the ability, with any remaining duration being fully utilizable by the killer, however the duration will still deplete during the pause.

How often it occurs:

This bug will occur every single time the ESC menu is pressed during the Shred Lunge Attack or the Blighted/Lethal Rush

1 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated